Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/15/18 9:35 p.m.

90’s ej22 runner with stainless headers, harness from donor car, kennedy adapter, flywheel, clutch.  Was a running driving swap until the vehicle was dismantled by a good meaning but not putting back togethering individual.  

I don’t know what it’s worth.  I know what the kennedy stuff costs new, i know about what a good engine goes for, i’m sure the headers are probably ebay specials.  So i’ll say $700 for everything, if i’m out of line make a fair offer.  Trying to recoup future challenge budget. Location is 44280 in NE Ohio.  

Pattyo
Pattyo Reader
2/16/18 10:45 p.m.

Noob here... would this work on a ej 25? If so how much for everything minus the engine?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/17/18 8:17 a.m.

Yes, I’m going to  give it a chance to go all together first before i split it up though.  If it’s still around next weekend i’ll figure that out.  

Pattyo
Pattyo Reader
2/17/18 8:29 a.m.

Sounds good!

Foodeater
Foodeater New Reader
2/17/18 9:34 a.m.

What was this set up in previously? Vanagon, Beetle, Type 3...etc. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/17/18 10:48 a.m.

None of the above.  A vehicle that had the trunk cut out and a vw transaxle and suspension installed.  

dculberson
dculberson UltimaDork
2/17/18 12:18 p.m.

Think East German. 

Foodeater
Foodeater New Reader
2/17/18 7:56 p.m.

Gotcha. From the wartburg?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/17/18 10:15 p.m.

Yes.  The car was disassembled to a shell on the chassis, and not put back together.  That’s how i got it, and it’s been hiding undercover since September 2016 waiting for me to get to it.  I’m slowly digging through the parts and trying to figure out what i will and won’t be using.  Trying to zero out the purchase so i have $20xx to work with.  

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/18/18 7:55 a.m.

If it helps the setup will work in a beetle, the back half of that car was essentially beetle.    Some adjustments which would be needed are as follows

Exhaust:  The current muffler setup sits behind the motor, it would not fit in the same location on a beetle.  Headers would work but a new muffler setup would be needed.

Cooling:  You'd need to figure out a radiator and mount solution for the beetle and run plumbing.

Fuel: it used a fuel cell with all the plumbing, you would need to look at fueling solutions if you wished to use the beetle tank to get the high pressure fuel pump in the system.

Its been 9 years so Im sure Im forgetting things but that's the basics.

physician
physician Reader
2/18/18 1:52 p.m.

May be interested in the kennedy stuffs if available separatly

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/18/18 3:23 p.m.
JThw8 said:

If it helps the setup will work in a beetle, the back half of that car was essentially beetle.    Some adjustments which would be needed are as follows

Exhaust:  The current muffler setup sits behind the motor, it would not fit in the same location on a beetle.  Headers would work but a new muffler setup would be needed.

Cooling:  You'd need to figure out a radiator and mount solution for the beetle and run plumbing.

Fuel: it used a fuel cell with all the plumbing, you would need to look at fueling solutions if you wished to use the beetle tank to get the high pressure fuel pump in the system.

Its been 9 years so Im sure Im forgetting things but that's the basics.

Thanks for that.  Without going too deep into things in public, Wartburg 2.0 is happening as soon as the corvair is done

nocones
nocones UltraDork
2/19/18 10:49 a.m.

Does this have the ECU?  I'm very interested for putting this in my Bus but probably can't come get it for a while.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/19/18 11:17 a.m.

Yes, it was running and jthw8 put over a thousand miles on it doing the babe rally.  Wiring harness is not pared down, still has the legacy gauge cluster and I have extra parts that also go like a whole intake manifold and other bits

wearymicrobe
wearymicrobe UberDork
2/19/18 11:20 a.m.

Could you crate it up or so you want local pickup?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/20/18 9:36 p.m.

Strongly prefer local pickup, just because I don’t have a ton of time to crate things and get them to a terminal during business hours.  

It’s not hurting anything where it is, nocones, depending what “a while” means.  A small deposit and an agreeable amount of time would work, since it’s still cold for a couple months.  I hate cold.  

nocones
nocones UltraDork
2/25/18 9:01 a.m.

I will take it.  I will send you an email to work out a deposit.  I would think I will be able to get it sometime before a trip I have in late March.  If that doesn't work it would be the first or second weekend in April.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/25/18 12:01 p.m.

Cool, i sent you a pm last week but not sure it came through or not

chevylumina at gmail.com 

nocones
nocones UltraDork
2/26/18 6:35 a.m.

Silly broken contact button.  Apparently broken  both directions.

Send me an email nocones_625 at yahoo

JThw8
JThw8 UltimaDork
2/26/18 3:39 p.m.

Recommendation, call up Kennedy Engineering and lay out $20 for their wiring diagram.  The wiring in that car was a mess but the harness was uncut.  With their life size diagram you can lay out the wiring on the diagram and pare it as needed quite simply.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/26/18 7:07 p.m.

I was going to suggest that since yours never popped up.  I think you’ll like where 2.0 is going to go.  Victor is supposedly driving from LA when it gets warmer out to pick up the original engine and transmission and bringing me all the rubbers and weatherstripping. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jiT44xusk8apll0iKOxYmIpK8B3OuN4JNxLmL1m6Wd2T6Cmc4wY46BIRWFDvxWyd