VegasNick
VegasNick New Reader
Jan. 10, 2018 4:03 p.m.

Finally getting settled in Daytona and had a chance to unbox the new Vulcan MIGMax 215 welder. I am not a seasoned pro fabricator by any means, but I have to say that I am really impressed. Easy to set up, stable arc, and clean welds so far. If anything, I'll change the regulator to one with a flow meter as opposed to the pressure gauge, but otherwise I am leaving it alone. It has gotten really great reviews on their site and some of the YouTube pages. I have to agree. 

FWIW I am running Blue Demon ER70S6 wire in it. 

https://www.harborfreight.com/MIGMax-215-Welder-with-120240-Volt-Input-63617.html?ccdenc=eyJjb2RlIjoiMTM4NzMwMjkiLCJza3UiOiI2MzYxNyIsImlzIjoiNTc5Ljk5IiwicHJvZHVjdF9p%0D%0AZCI6IjEyMTAzIn0%3D%0D%0A&utm_source=hpBanner&utm_campaign=vulcan215hptot010118

Toyman01 MegaDork
Jan. 10, 2018 7:04 p.m.

I've been eyeballing their ProTIG 200. A AC/DC tig with aluminum capability for $900 is very tempting. 

VegasNick
VegasNick New Reader
Jan. 11, 2018 7:45 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01 :

Based on the experience with the mig so far, that will most likely be the next purchase. 

grover Reader
Feb. 4, 2018 1:39 p.m.

I bought the flux 125 about 6 months ago because I’ve never welded before and I’ve had a blast. I’d love a tig I think- but is the only advantage cleaner welds and thicker metal? Please excuse my ignorance. 

Stefan MegaDork
Feb. 4, 2018 2:47 p.m.

You can modify them to provide DC current for the flux wire which provides a better weld with less splatter.

Ditching their wire for quality stuff helps too.

Google HF Flux Welder Mods and you can get some ideas.

You'll need to log in to post.

Also on Classic Motorsports

What Is the Best Race Car of all Time?

2 days ago in Articles

With so many options from all forms of racing, which car deserves to be called the best of all time?

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: Turbo Midget

2 days ago in News

This modified MG Midget for sale has a turbo.

5 Unique Ford-Powered Cars

4 days ago in Articles

We visit classic car dealer Craig Brody to sample 5 unique Ford-Powered sports specials.

A Legend Laid Bare: The Very First Shelby Cobra

1 week ago in Articles

At the Wheel of the Very First Shelby Cobra, a Priceless Piece of History That Begs to Be Thrashed

Off Our Rockers, New Sills for This Old MGB

1 week ago in Articles

One of the most common places rust materializes on British and Italian sports cars is down in the rocker panels—also ...

Classic Motorsports Car Catcher: A Mini Born to Battle Goliath

1 week ago in News

Honda power and all-wheel drive. This modified classic Mini Cooper has it all.

Now You Can Buy a Brand New Shelby Daytona Coupe Straight from Peter Brock

1 week ago in News

Ever dreamed of owning your own Shelby Daytona Coupe?

Our Preferred Partners

Mlassic Motorsports Magazine

Subscribe Today

Also get your instant access to the digital edition of Classic Motorsports Magazine!

Learn More
sLDYgeoyFkE86xIE8w2dcbFareWeYDAR