Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
8/7/18 2:29 p.m.

I've met these extraordinary folks recently, and felt compelled to spread the word.  If you know of a post 9-11 veteran, who could benefit from the comradery, excitement and adrenaline of our motorsports world, please help spread the news!  This is from Jonathan Winker.  He's the Wisconsin program manager for Vet Motorsports, and he also runs Recon Racing.

"VET Motorsports is open to all service-connected veterans or current armed forces members to include reserve and national guard. We also accept anyone with pending service-connected claims pending with Veteran Affairs. I would love to have some other vets out if they are interested in spectating and want to learn more about our program!"

This program takes returning veterans and introduces them to the world of motorsports.  Autocross and track day events are planned, with more to come!   Check out their website to get involved!  If you are in the MidWest, come and check out their August 19th Solo event at Miller Motorsports Park!  They will be running with the SCCA.  

VET Motorsports

RECON Racing

Jerry
Jerry UberDork
8/8/18 12:22 p.m.

They show up to a few of our autocrosses here in Dayton OH.  Great group of people.

Joe Gearin
8/8/18 1:38 p.m.

Agreed Jerry--- the guys I've met have been top-notch.   It's a great program they have going.  Hopefully they grow, and more vets get to participate in this.  

Joe Gearin
8/21/18 9:21 a.m.

I just got word that VET Motorsports, and Recon Racing will be inviting more veterans to the SCCA autocross at Miller park on Oct. 7th.   Contact Jonathan Winker for more info---  Recon Racing

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
PVKzrgomkvLl7A66kAoG6eaFIRO41ClD06KZbzaFMHDTAytkROReqEY71V44pnvF