Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
1/12/16 11:05 a.m.

We are big fans of Covercraft's car covers. We've used them on our project cars for years, and they are durable, well made, and long-lasting----really the best in the industry. Looking for a screaming deal? Their online "Outlet Store" has discounts up to 85% off of their original prices! There are also tons of covers to choose from. If you are looking for a high-quality cover at a fantastic price--- check this out:

http://www.covercraftoutlet.com

I bought one for my Miata today.

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/16 11:29 a.m.

Joe, I tried ... as soon as I read your post I tried to order a cover for my CRX ... clicked on the one I wanted ... did the cart thing, filled out all the spaces clicked on submit order ... get the notice that the card failed... for me to try another card ... it's the card I've used everywhere anytime always ... it's way under it's limit ... no one has ever declined it

called the 800 # ... on hold for longer than I thought acceptable ... then given a voice mail ... so and so wasn't avalable to leave a message ... screw um .. take my card ... HEY TAKE MY MONEY ...

I guess I'll find a cover somewhere else

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
1/12/16 11:31 a.m.

They have no option for my Datsun 280z. I looked under 240z and 260z since they're the same. Nadda.

Joe Gearin
1/12/16 12:52 p.m.

wbjones---- they may have been on lunch break. I'd call again---- those prices are ridiculously low, and the covers are very high quality. I have one for my M3 and it's extremely nice.

Joe Gearin
1/12/16 3:36 p.m.

wbjones---- the good folks at Covercraft saw your post, and want to make sure you can order a cover. They have asked me to relay this information to you directly:

From Covercraft-- "I’m not sure why or how this happened but if there is any way to have him contact us directly at 818-407-6600 ext. 9600 and ask for Lupe Gomez."

Hopefully you can get the cover you need--- at an awesome price!

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/16 4:14 p.m.

thanks ... I'll give them another try ... I shouldn't have lost my cool... just sorta things piling up and it "got to me"

the idem showed 2 left, hopefully I can get in and grab one of them

wbjones
wbjones MegaDork
1/12/16 4:32 p.m.

In reply to Joe Gearin:

done and done ... problem even figured out ...and not much I could do to fix the "problem" from my end .. that being, different billing address and shipping address ...their purchase system kicks that out

84FSP
84FSP HalfDork
1/12/16 9:25 p.m.

Wow - smokin deals there. Gotta get one bought asap.

Joe Gearin
1/13/16 10:40 a.m.
84FSP wrote: Wow - smokin deals there. Gotta get one bought asap.

Agreed! I was amazed at how inexpensive some of them were in the "Outlet Store". I'll have my M3 on display at the Rolex 24, with the Covercraft cover protecting it during the weekend---- just in case anyone wants to check it out in person.

Danny Shields
Danny Shields Reader
1/13/16 4:44 p.m.

I haven't tried their car covers yet, but I like their woven neoprene-like seat covers on the Boxster S. They are comfortable, and they keep the wear and tear (and sweat and sunscreen) off the seats. If I want to take the car to a concours, I take the covers off, and the seats still look like new underneath.

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
8/7/18 11:00 a.m.

The least-zombiest Covercraft thread? Also bonus that it mentions covercraftoutlet.com? (Not that the latter helped me...)

Anyhow, being well-reviewed here on GRM and being GRM/CM advertisers, I figured this was the company to help me cover my 1970 BMW 2002.

An important note: Their sites both suck at finding covers. You can search a make and model on covercraftoutlet.com or select a vehicle on covercraft.com, and it may tell you it's got nothing to fit that vehicle, when in fact they do.

Longer version: I was super-puzzled that covercraft.com insisted that they had nothing for a 1970 (or 1973, just to try other stuff that should fit) 2002, but that when playing with the selector I thought it was neat they even *listed* a 1973 2000tii... Which they said they had covers for! 2000 and not 2002?! And then I found a BMW 2002 Covercraft cover listed on Amazon... So I emailed covercraft, and got:

I do not know how Amazon list their vehicles and part numbers. We have the 1973 listed as part number C359, the description reads 2002 2 door sedan....thru 1973.

Of course, when I dug down into the Amazon ad, it was a different Covercraft SKU, C8781NH... The Amazon ad didn't specify year, so maybe that's the 1974-on... I did a chat with Covercraft, and got convinced that their site is a mess, but that hopefully a C359NH will be a Noah cover to fit my early 2002. Cross your fingers, and if you want a Covercraft cover, maybe just call them...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
EaZ5x6fsV3iexLm9HYKb6B5GqF7lalLQ99qiC4Km41ahbNanT7VLUaKGZ1qHDVic