Presented by Nine Lives Racing
Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/21/22 7:16 p.m.

I have a hatchback, a Nissan Juke Nismo RS to be specific, that I want to either design/build or adapt an existing functional spoiler/wing onto the hatch area to balance the splitter I'm building for the front. I'm open to ideas. So far I've thought about trying to adapt a spoiler from a Focus RS, remove the factory spoiler and use swan necks and a curved element, and building something entirely from scratch. I'm not set on anything other than it has to look the part. A picture will give you all a rough idea of where my head is:

I have zero intention of racing this car within a set of rules. It's mostly a fun project to mimic a WRC car. The car is a fwd 6spd model and pushing close to 300hp currently. It's fun. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
Woody (Forum Supportum) MegaDork
2/21/22 8:03 p.m.

How big do you want to go?

I had an '89 Civic Si, and for a while I was running it with a few spacers between the factory spoiler and the body. It was subtle, but really changed the look of the car. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/21/22 8:05 p.m.

Your factory spoiler probably has four bolts. You could either put some washers under all four, or just loosen the fronts and add washers to the rear to kick up the back a bit. 

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/21/22 8:35 p.m.
Woody (Forum Supportum) said:

How big do you want to go?

I had an '89 Civic Si, and for a while I was running it with a few spacers between the factory spoiler and the body. It was subtle, but really changed the look of the car. 

I'm ok with basically whatever so long as it doesn't look incredibly outlandish. Kinda outlandish is fine though. 

The idea of spacing it up is interesting. Hadn't though of that. I may see what's involved in removing it and go from there. 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/21/22 9:09 p.m.

If it has mounting studs from the factory and they are too short, you should be able to extend them with threaded rod couplers and bolts. 

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/21/22 9:19 p.m.

If it has mounting studs from the factory and they are too short, you should be able to extend them with threaded rod couplers and bolts. 

From some quick searching, it looks to be attached with 4 bolts. 

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/21/22 9:26 p.m.

I was thinking of some insanity like this. Behold, my incredibly awful drawing skills. 

But seriously, if I were to remove the factory rear spoiler, have some vertical end/mid plates laser cut to an appropriate length with 90° mounting tabs, build the bottom/shelf out of lexan and potentially install a wraparound wickerbill, how dumb would that be? 

Woody (Forum Supportum)
2/21/22 10:18 p.m.
Southerncross said:

So, for about five  dollars worth of longer bolts and washers, you can at least try it out, which should take about half an hour.

Bonus: It's already color matched!

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/22/22 7:46 a.m.
Southerncross said:

So, for about five  dollars worth of longer bolts and washers, you can at least try it out, which should take about half an hour.

Bonus: It's already color matched!

I'm going to do that this weekend and see how it looks. Thanks. 

Southerncross
Southerncross New Reader
2/22/22 8:45 a.m.

If the idea of using longer bolts doesn't get me the effect I want, where could I buy something like this wing element that isn't garbage?

Tazz9924
Tazz9924 New Reader
2/24/22 12:40 a.m.

In reply to Southerncross :

maybe a swan neck from 9lives and a custom upright. idk how you'd mount it, only because im not there. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
qSnEPikY1sVJ6YiRUtj1EPRBUXyiJuGBxusRU9nMTMhN4hukPGglNCfrjhnZUisi