1 2 3
GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/7/15 11:07 a.m.

Can't Afford a picture takin Phone Either!!!!!!! But the Grandson came by and is pickin' out some pics Now. P.S. that's his kid in the Avatar

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/7/15 2:14 p.m.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/7/15 3:50 p.m.

I ment to put in a side shot of the Vette Front End the rear is to show the Shape and the blue tape is what all I removed. The blue car is My next project and I hope to Start this week. I have to finish a heater core job on a 69 road runner first, in an A/C car they are a B--ch. and check that Volvo Nice job on that one, I have no clue who owns it, but the Shop is in Canton Ga.

NOHOME
NOHOME UltraDork
4/7/15 4:44 p.m.

The 122 with the 302 is very interesting. Those cars are notoriously difficult to engine swap due to the front suspension wanting to be in the same place as the upper a-arm.Feel free to post more pics of that one and how the swap was done.

And you have too many toys!

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/7/15 6:03 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME: I wish but the Cobra belongs to Larry Kizer,RR is just a cash job The 122 looks like the Mustang front was swapped in as was the narrowed 8.8/disk brake rear. And again don't know the Guy but if I get Back to the Painter I will Ask.

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr Dork
4/8/15 2:41 p.m.

MOAR.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/8/15 5:02 p.m.

If you want MORE..... Just Say 'Mo' ! The Other day, My friend Lance asked If I thought Working on kool cars de-sensitize you to there Kool Factor, after a lot of thought I said Yes But No, the reason being I appreciate what the old stuff was even more now. The Guy He works with/For Has 35 Mostly Hotrod type cars All are Show Quality an some other stuff and he has a 55 chevy gasser he drives on the street, The Man I work for has Restored Cars, Mostly 60's Muscle cars, but there is a Twin Turbo Porsche and a 700 horse SRT8 300M(supercharged)My Fav. Is His 66 427 Corvette, Unrestored with increadable low miles. So Yea but no. still gotta work on them, And I dig That. Got Live If you want It. Pics that is. Jus say 'Mo'

ThomS
ThomS New Reader
4/10/15 12:33 p.m.

Looks like the 122 has the original suspension setup, i wonder how he placed the exhaust headers

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/13/15 8:31 a.m.

Hey Boy's and Girl's, The Green RR is a heater core Job that is A Pain to do , A look at Larry's 911TT, His 69 GTX convertable, MyFav. 66 Corvette 427/4-Speed, the Cobra of course and the Unique Chassie with the Real 427 Side oiler/LeMans 4 speed. Oh, and Yes You Can read A Book in the GTX Paint job. a href="http://imgur.com/6Dq8j3f">

ThomS
ThomS New Reader
4/14/15 3:41 p.m.

I read in your post in the beginning you needed help for fiberglass.

This video was very helpfull to me and i learned a lot from it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXzR17LktSg&list=FL4hqbcoGuTOsSAI9VeuqblA&index=7

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/26/15 1:00 p.m.

Hey Thom, Yes I have seen that Video, He makes it look Simple. The Help I got with Brakes for the C4 makes me wonder : Why not use the Spindles too from a C5 Or C6 Instead of Buying mounting Brackets. The wheels I Got are !8/19 C6 rims (chrome knock off's) Thanks

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/27/15 4:34 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette: In calling around about Brakes A Man Offered A complete Cradle from a 2007 For what new calipers cost. Can the Whole Cradle be Swapped In ???

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 SuperDork
4/27/15 4:46 p.m.

Anything can be done. But im pretty sure that at that point you'd be going tube frame.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/27/15 5:32 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13: I knew That, But what I don't know is will it Bolt In. From The "Now Ya Tell Me", Hey I drove this C4 home for a Grand. But with What I am Using Of It, I Could Have Gotten A C6 Tub roller and threw in an older style tranny/drive shaft/rear(that could also be a 9" and save even MO Money) and been Done. So Do I get the 2007 Complete or Spindles and Calipers/Rotors Or Just the Calipers Rotors. Thanks

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Dork
4/27/15 5:45 p.m.

Watching here... Funning thing about Ball Ground is my former brother in law and some of the nieces live there. I'll be headed to Canton in about 10 days for a wedding. I'll have to grab another GRMer from Canton and stop by for a look.

Can you buy the complete 2007 assembly and pick off what you need and sell it back off to get your parts for free?

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
4/27/15 6:05 p.m.
VWguyBruce wrote: Watching here... Funning thing about Ball Ground is my former brother in law and some of the nieces live there. I'll be headed to Canton in about 10 days for a wedding. I'll have to grab another GRMer from Canton and stop by for a look. Can you buy the complete 2007 assembly and pick off what you need and sell it back off to get your parts for free?

I am the "other" guy from Canton. I apologize for not seeing this sooner; I just don't comb the board as much as I used to. I have a little free time for the next month or so (haven't scheduled anything, and plan to race this summer instead of work), so if you need a hand, tools, or ??? I am local. It looks like you have been having a ball with this car. My name is Les and I am (actually) in Holly Springs. 770-778-7368. Please let me know if I can come and help!

-Les

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
4/29/15 11:08 a.m.

Yo' Bruce, Thanks for the turn on to your bud Les, Cool dude, Could you just Imagine A bunch of Psycho Moms running around In 12 sec. Mini Vans. so about the 2007 Cradle will it Bolt in?

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
5/1/15 5:36 a.m.

In reply to GTXVette: Any Vette Forum guy's around.I will post this question over there since they are Specific to that car. Unless you Know. Les, Answer the Phone.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
5/21/15 8:04 a.m.

I Have the Cobra together and all but Finished , So It will be at the Painter's For a week and I can work on My Vette some.They Are Filming A Tom Cruse Movie in Town this Week, Like Two Doors Down, May Run Away for a day or So. In Hunting Info I came upon this Red Kirkham Cobra, High End Stuff, The Blue Is The One I'm Building.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
5/22/15 5:45 a.m.

so the 07/c6 frame cradle won't work for me but the rotors and calipers do, I called Dale Griffith, in Hanover Pa. Dales Corvette Parts 717 965 4477 for a buck and a half it took 2 day's to receive and about 30 min. to install the brackets. any need for a 2007 vette front end, cradle, arms spindles, just NO brakes. ?

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
6/26/15 4:19 p.m.

In reply to GTXVette: NEWS UPDATE... anyone else out there around 64 years old?. I hurt all over some time and in most places the rest of the time. Even My Wife can't believe I Have Started Another project. traded off the 06 front end stuff for some interior parts from a 1964 C2,(The Dash and stuff) that should look cool in the C4. I moved the whole Firewall Back a Smidge over 12" and that will allow for some engine setback.going to use an old PowerGlide Tranny which is really short but the drive shaft from an old dirt car I had will fit. I would offer up some pics but this W.E. I will have some photo worthy work done, Ya'll Come on Down.

VWguyBruce
VWguyBruce Dork
6/26/15 9:47 p.m.

Keep at it, I know what you mean. At 45, I only just hurt in some places on bad days and a few places most days.

Looking forward to the pics.

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
6/27/15 6:47 a.m.

In reply to VWguyBruce: I want to thank you again for sending Leslie over, we had a problem with Old style/new style Floor Shifter mounting bracket, with his help it is better and stronger than Original and looks Manufactured not cobbled together. Very talented dude.

tuffnuff
tuffnuff
6/28/15 12:39 p.m.

Thanks for sending me the emails, it's very much appreciated and I didn't hesitate to join this site for a moment. It's clearly evident that you have a number of cool projects on the go, including your Vette mods that appear to be coming along nicely. I, as you, also sorely mis the old and now defunct Chevy High Performance forum.,. we had a great time bull$h!tt!ng our gearhead thoughts and ideas. It seem to me now, that when one door closes, another one opens and again, this is a pleasant surprise for me. I do hope you're doing well, as I am.,. so keep plugging away old bud. :)

GTXVette
GTXVette New Reader
6/28/15 7:14 p.m.

In reply to tuffnuff: I Now Have an Ear to Ear Grin. Hey Man.!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
5JNG82N5yWB2SzIUZgQhyCB707kdda41Qbrs19ICxazR1MGmqbIU77wXwYvxJbmR