1 2
crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
10/11/18 10:30 p.m.

I pulled the relays and I guess I didn't realize they were both the same. Both are old (old enough to be from West Germany) and didn't have the best connections. 

I tested for voltage on the black plug and I was getting 12v for pin 30 and that relay was clicking.

The white plug I tested it for voltage with the key on at pin 30 and it was only showing .35v and the relay wasn't clicking. I'm not quite sure if that's normal or not with just the key in the on position for that white plug.

Regardless, I'll buy new non crusty relays since they are cheap enough and I kind of destroyed one pulling it out anyway. 

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
11/21/18 6:13 p.m.

I ended up replacing the relays with new Bosch ones and it's still the same. Key on, relay clicks, starter engage and no fuel pumps or spark. Does anybody know of anywhere I can send my ECU and Fuel injection unit to to test and/or repair? I don't have any 240 folks I know locally that we could swap to see what happens.

Scottah
Scottah Dork
11/22/18 7:39 a.m.

Every time I see this thread bumped I’m optimistic you’ve achieved running car status. Keep up the good fight, Jay. 

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
11/22/18 9:18 a.m.
Scottah said:

Every time I see this thread bumped I’m optimistic you’ve achieved running car status. Keep up the good fight, Jay. 

I appreciate it and happy Thanksgiving to you.  I'm trying to do it with <$500 in it so with that takes time and patience, meh.  

Every time I see the 5.0 swapped Volvos pop to the top of the page I think "Why am I messing with the stock engine again?" smiley

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
8/13/19 6:27 p.m.

C’mon, Jay. We need an update. 

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
8/14/19 9:00 a.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

C’mon, Jay. We need an update. 

A funny thing happened this summer. I ended up trading it for a new $1000 snowblower and a mig welder. I couldn’t pass up the offer since I had so little money in the car plus after last winters heavy snow, I was buying a nice snow blower anyway.

So the little Swedish meatball is done but I’ll be replacing her with some other little ice beater soon.

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
8/14/19 9:04 a.m.

In reply to crankwalk :

$1,000 snowblower must be pretty fancy, will it go ice racing?

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
8/14/19 4:47 p.m.
artur1808 said:

In reply to crankwalk :

$1,000 snowblower must be pretty fancy, will it go ice racing?

It won't go ice racing but it will save me way more time and money in the winter. I get several hundred inches of snow per year so it's more useful to me than a broke down Volvo right now.

I'm still on the lookout for a cheap running project that I can go wheel to wheel with but I'm not willing to spend much to do it. I'll find something else easily enough.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso Dork
8/14/19 7:16 p.m.

I ain’t even mad. As another transplanted southerner to the frozen north, I’d trade my project car for a $1,000 snow blower in January. 

You need another 4g63 powered ride. 

crankwalk
crankwalk SuperDork
8/14/19 7:22 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

I ain’t even mad. As another transplanted southerner to the frozen north, I’d trade my project car for a $1,000 snow blower in January. 

You need another 4g63 powered ride. 

There is a 4g swapped Conquest that needs to be wired up by me for $2500 but once again I can't kick out my wife's car and all my motorcycles for the winter to do it. Something happened where I just have been on my bike kick lately because I can store them all in a heated garage and that makes life so much easier for me. I still contemplate shipping my 240z here but I still don't have enough room for it to be inside.

My next project should realistically be expanding the garage.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HG9piFy8s1egnLnQuFxXfTtQh70i5Us4F4u1nnIteVDP8c53SCpVyKaGhAY1cCGC