GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
9/30/16 5:52 p.m.

I've just been told by my neighbor of 15 year's He has a 60 model bugeye in the barn. he parked it because a brake cylinder was leaking. other than that it's been sitting for 20-25 years. so he will sell it and I need to know what value it has, what is a high and low number. he say's it is in good shape but I haven't seen it yet.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
9/30/16 6:21 p.m.

Depends a lot on the rust level.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
9/30/16 7:16 p.m.

I knew that, matter of fact,not having seen it,I would expect to spend as much or more than A new one to restore it plus another 5 grand for Stuff, then Paint (it's yellow). what's a good number as in what would one in running condition be worth.

MDJeepGuy
MDJeepGuy New Reader
9/30/16 7:29 p.m.

They sell for $1,500 to $20,000. A good driver is between 5-10.

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo UltimaDork
9/30/16 8:50 p.m.

I think the cheapest I ever saw was $800 a few years ago, but that was a rusty tub (edit: with bad spring boxes), beat up hood, and the rest of the "complete car" in boxes.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/1/16 4:09 p.m.

DAYMN, I bought a 59 back in 68 for about 100 bucks,and drove it. well I have to go in cheap, If I can't make a deal I'll Post it here.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
10/1/16 4:42 p.m.

A full blown restoration will cost you 20k if you do it yourself.

The deal breaker with these cars is the spring boxes. They need to be immaculate if you are going to restore one of these.

The other item to consider is the bonnet. If it is solid and it fits well, then all is good. Fixing a rotten one that does not fit is a holiday in hell.

You can build an entire shell from parts. I know because I did.

Good driver Bugeyes are in the 10k range. Really good ones are 15k.

Most are converted to 1275 engines and rib-case gearboxes and front disc brakes. All good stuff if that is what you want.

The tach driven off the back of the generator is a E36 M3-show. Just convert to an alternator and be done with it. I think MOSS even warns you ahead that the voltage regulator is going to fail and you are going to set fire to the car and your house and the surrounding area if you buy their E36 M3ty original parts.

The gearbox that runs off the back of the generator that drives the tack comes from MOSS pre-failed; no need to wait anymore.

Be aware that a comprehensive front suspension rebuild on a bugeye is over $1000.

I built one by holding the key where it belonged and build an entire car around it. Parts added up to 17k. And 10 years of free time. I don't recommend this path.

GTXVette
GTXVette Reader
10/1/16 8:59 p.m.

LOL, I Was kinda afraid of that, I work for a couple Guys that do restored american muscle cars and Beautifuly done HotRods so yea I figured at least 10-15 grand before Paint. I'll take a look this next week.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
q1NDIVM9imSYYLsHGkUxkssTGEyUUEFeO71WnFvSuogVZSYLOFhJHeSwE9o4AZrX