el_doober
el_doober
5/18/18 9:29 a.m.

MazDeuce congrats on that remarkable accomplishment for her, truly outstanding.  I know she will go far.

Justjim75
Justjim75 Reader
5/18/18 7:16 p.m.

Congrats on your daughters accomplishment, but now my son Alex (you made us stickers) wants to move to Texas.  Mind naming the program?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
5/20/18 11:57 a.m.

In reply to Justjim75 :

In an effort to maintain a bit of anonymity for kid#1, send me a message and I'll tell you all about it. It's a very cool program. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
6/26/18 6:43 p.m.

I know this hasn't had the blessing of your presence ...cuz yur busy 'coping' wink

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/17/18 8:03 p.m.

BUMP

mazdeuce - Seth
8/17/18 9:22 p.m.

Back to school, then back to work. It'll happen. 

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
8/17/18 10:13 p.m.

I had actually forgotten about this build!

Pete

Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
8/18/18 11:30 a.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I have not forgotten this build. Despite having recently found the pickup truck I should buy (and did), I still have a saved medium duty CL search.

https://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/d/ford-flatbed-truck/6654114861.html

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
9/5/18 12:23 p.m.

Leaving a picture from some random place on the internet so it may haunt your thoughts as it haunts mine:

edizzle89
edizzle89 Dork
9/5/18 12:34 p.m.
oldopelguy said:

Leaving a picture from some random place on the internet so it may haunt your thoughts as it haunts mine:

I want to not like that but i cant bring myself to hate it...

oldopelguy
oldopelguy UberDork
9/5/18 1:17 p.m.

In reply to edizzle89 :

I'm the same way.  It's ridiculous,  and impractical,  but it would also be easy and on a dually pickup chassis it would solve a lot of issues.  It could register with a regular plate based on the chassis,  a dually rear would easily handle the weight of the cab plus any bumper pull trailer,  and would be wide enough to fill the fenders. It could be a short chassis for turning and still handle the biggest engine or engines easily.....

mazdeuce - Seth
9/5/18 2:20 p.m.

I fully admit I'm looking out the window at Ferdinand right now thinking "that's not a terrible idea........"

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UltraDork
9/5/18 3:41 p.m.
NOHOME said:

When everyone goes high, I gotta go low...You all want to raise this thing sky-high on big tires. I am thinking a FWD like out of an Eldorado or some such and drop the rear deck WAY down low with some trickery so that you can just drive on. That would give you more torque and HP than you have now and still make for decent Hwy driving.

Wait...just had another beer and another vision!

Looking at this piece of demento artwork:

So, keeping the Eldorado FWD under the cab, you could build, not a car "Hauler" but a car "Pusher" where the trailer deck is in front of the Cab!

Hang on...this beer is almost empty also...be right back....

Quoting this from page 2 of this thread, because Oldopelguy made me think about it again..... Maybe mix the two?

Cadman5
Cadman5 New Reader
11/14/18 11:14 p.m.
Ransom
Ransom PowerDork
11/16/18 7:35 p.m.

In reply to Cadman5 :

Those are so cool... But I've become inclined to listen when the seller says "for scrap."

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
11/30/18 7:32 p.m.

It's cooler now, the trak cord is almost sorted....the kitchen is??? ......so why not this???

mazdeuce - Seth
11/30/18 9:14 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Because I'm in Colorado picking up Rufus of course. 

I have been looking at Ferdinand with increasing motivation lately. Not enough to actually do anything, but the thoughts are stronger. 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
12/2/18 4:12 p.m.

You are so prolific with your threads it's kinda a logistical mind meld trying to be timely with your comings and goings.....If you are in fact at your house as I type this all I can say is WOOF. Kiss the wife, hug the chillrenz , take a hot shower and go to bed!!!

NOHOME
NOHOME UltimaDork
12/2/18 4:29 p.m.

I worry that Ferdinand is going to become another Fergus..  And then there is the Airstream.

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
12/2/18 6:45 p.m.

yes, let us not forget the 'Stream' 

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
2/15/19 8:04 p.m.

I hope the motivation eventually picks up to wanting to do something.

I have read this thread as well as the one on the R63 AMG and I'm really impressed!

I finally had to stop lurking and join wink

Crackers
Crackers Dork
2/15/19 8:28 p.m.
NOHOME said:

I worry that Ferdinand is going to become another Fergus....

I got dibs!

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
2/15/19 8:54 p.m.

Sorry to hijack....but always good to hear/see from you 'crackers'

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
2/15/19 9:26 p.m.
Lug_Nuts_23 said:

I finally had to stop lurking and join wink

Welcome to the insane asylum. You'll enjoy your stay yes

Lug_Nuts_23
Lug_Nuts_23 New Reader
2/16/19 11:55 a.m.
Indy-Guy said:

Welcome to the insane asylum. You'll enjoy your stay yes

Thanks! I'm sure I will!

But I'll probably only go clinically insane if Ferdinand doesn't get finished cheeky

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
p3ZRwcowur9HXh8MHj8grngHHb51t7vRCtLk812Xy2O199NsNg7sy1tekveHPKlY