1 2 3 4
Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
11/21/14 6:02 p.m.

In reply to 2002maniac: sorry, apparently I can't spell. I fixed it. Thanks for letting me know!

G_Body_Man
G_Body_Man Reader
11/21/14 7:00 p.m.

This build is like watching the 1987 Crystal Light National Aerobics Championship - It just gets better and better!

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
11/23/14 8:55 p.m.

www.itsbenmodified.blogspot.com

Steering Column and Starter/Generator are mostly in

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
11/27/14 9:20 p.m.

petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
11/28/14 10:05 a.m.

In reply to Ben_Modified:

That's 100% pure awesome.

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
11/29/14 2:41 p.m.

www.ItsBenModified.blogspot.com

Rebuilding the rusted out inner fender and battery box

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
12/17/14 6:23 p.m.

www.BenModified.com

Pedals are in and cylinders are bled. Used a VW Bug Brake Master Cylinder and an Isuzu NPR medium duty truck Clutch Master Cylinder

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
12/31/14 6:12 p.m.

An oops moment!

I have sat in the Daihatsu on numerous occasions but did not shut the door until today. Turns out that I do not fit. My legs are too long and there is not enough room between the door and the steering wheel for my knee to pass to get my foot on the clutch! Luckily, it was just a matter of modifying the steering column mount. A couple of cuts and welds and the column has moved to the right by two inches

www.BenModified.com

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
1/8/15 2:34 p.m.

The 400hp ZZ5 crate motor showed up today! Time to pull out the 307 mule

My Build Blog

www.BenModified.com

hobiercr
hobiercr Dork
1/8/15 3:41 p.m.

golfduke
golfduke Reader
1/9/15 9:01 a.m.

Dear God. I honestly have no words.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet UltraDork
1/9/15 12:53 p.m.

How did I not see this deathtrap until now? I love it!

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
1/9/15 3:13 p.m.

XLR99
XLR99 Reader
1/9/15 3:57 p.m.

I love this thread - it's like a full size Hot Wheels car. "Well, uh, I don't fit in the car, so here's a bigger engine.."

84FSP
84FSP Reader
1/10/15 9:20 a.m.

More win! Any pics of the new motor mocked up?

DEATHTRAP
DEATHTRAP New Reader
1/12/15 9:32 a.m.

I love this build! It is so completely absurd and over the top, that it is so sweet. With each cut it adds tons of more awesome! I am looking forward to the finish product so bad that I can't stand it! Party on Wayne! !..!,

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
1/12/15 6:56 p.m.

Thanks for all the comments! I started putting together a wiring harness for the truck today. This is the last piece needed before I can take it around the block. The plan is to run a tank of gas thru the freshly fabricated Aluminum Gas Tank to get any remaining grit into the filter then swap in a new filter and swap out the motor.

My Build Site

petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
1/12/15 7:21 p.m.

In reply to Ben_Modified:

Wow, your site looks nice too!

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
2/10/15 5:51 p.m.

Been waiting on some fuse panels for quite a while, finally got them. Did some basic wiring and turned the engine over. Hopefully I can put some gas in it tomorrow and fire it up!

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
2/11/15 10:08 p.m.
bluej
bluej SuperDork
2/12/15 3:50 p.m.

holy looney tunes!

about halfway through the first page, this song started running in my head and I couldn't stop imagining you doing the build to it in double speed. unctrolled giggling ensued. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-cHB3Rbz1OI

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
3/1/15 9:21 p.m.

The Isuzu NPR clutch master cylinder was pushing too much fluid. Replaced it with a 5/8" bore wilwood cylinder and adaptor plate.

Hope to take it around the block this week

My Build Blog

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
3/2/15 6:06 p.m.

Installed. With clutch lock for extended idling or tuning

Bubs
Bubs New Reader
3/2/15 9:17 p.m.

Man I love this project. I see it as the four-wheel version of the BMW Isetta "Whattadrag". Absolutely fantastic!

Ben_Modified
Ben_Modified New Reader
3/4/15 12:14 p.m.

Completed all of the wiring from the cab back. Bed will go on tomorrow and with any luck I will get it to a car show on Friday.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
A5YlX9BCIl5uvHgECdcuJo8cJwCdfXCkXfzjaau8HTZwsJtfsRA7l1eKwq4eVSk5