maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
4/23/22 7:34 a.m.

I'm slow to pull my cruiser out this year too. My El Camino does 13-15 mpg. On highway road trips it will average just over 15. Vacuum carb will probably help, but mine also has highway gearing and a lame early 70s 350 with low lift and low compression. FWIW I've never hooked up a wideband to it.

dherr (Forum Supporter)
dherr (Forum Supporter) Dork
4/23/22 7:54 a.m.

Good to see this going out last  night, Spring is here and the Duster needs some love :-)

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/23/22 8:50 a.m.

Last night was fun. Car ran great, hanging out with dad was even better. 

It still cleans up nice. 

Amd it ran so good i really don't think im going to mess with it much. Cause it just works. 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/23/22 10:13 p.m.

Cool.

Plan to meetup tomorrow.

Will have a buddy with me hitching a ride back to VA.. another slant 6 nut.

He drove the lemons car from VA to CMP and we munched a 1/4 -20 nut into cylinders 1 and 6 today.  Also had diff and rear brake  issues.

Will be in touch via text!

Thanks a bunch!

Dusterbd13-michael
4/24/22 2:41 p.m.

Met slantsix and his friend for lunch. Good people if you get the chance to meet them. Nice to meet more non purist, non drag race mopar guys. 

Shame we couldn't hang out more, but Pittsburgh is a long way from albemarle at this time of day

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/24/22 3:33 p.m.

Db the Dstr is looking sweet !!! and that Dart ain't too shabby either ....right on about the non purist, non drag race Mopar guys. Hey what did Dad drive last night?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/24/22 4:20 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Dad broke out his 60 Corvette. First time since October he drove it. Took a bit to clear its throat, but once it did it didn't miss a beat.

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
4/24/22 4:27 p.m.

Are there pics of Dad's Vette in your posts?

Dusterbd13-michael
4/24/22 5:01 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Maybe somewhere. But none i can think of offhand 

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
4/24/22 10:26 p.m.

The Mopars look great together fellas!

Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos)
Brett_Murphy (Agent of Chaos) MegaDork
4/24/22 11:18 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

If he was late, it was my fault, there were gastro issues that kept me from getting on the road when I planned to.

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/25/22 8:11 a.m.

Thanks Micahel, Lou and I appreciated the hang out and meal. - Got home about 11:30PM..

Would have liked to hang out more =, but you know work n stuff.

I need to get you a line on that duster.

.. working on it..

Greg

Dusterbd13-michael
4/25/22 9:29 a.m.

In reply to slantsix :

It was good. Glad to hear you yot home safe yesterday. No hurry on the duster, but let me know. 

Brett: you made nobody late for anything. So no worries! How's the bmw wheels look?

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
ZOO (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/25/22 5:58 p.m.

What is your front lip made of?  I am looking to make something similar for our Mustang . . .

Dusterbd13-michael
4/25/22 6:02 p.m.

In reply to ZOO (Forum Supporter) :

It's actually an s10 (88ish) air dam 

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
4/25/22 6:06 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

It's actually an s10 (88ish) air dam 

Thanks!  I forgot they had them . . . I was thinking about repurposing something from an F150 or Silverado, but the S10 might be a better size.

Of course I haven't seen an S10 around here for years.

Dusterbd13-michael
4/25/22 6:10 p.m.

Years ago mine was $19 from Ebay. They're $35 now. Dang inflation... 

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
4/25/22 7:49 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Found one last month on summit for $11 i think? 

Summit S10 Front Air Dam

ZOO (Forum Supporter)
4/26/22 10:59 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

If you have a chance would you measure the height and length?  No real rush .  . .

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
7/16/22 10:26 p.m.

Bump

Dusterbd13-michael
7/16/22 10:37 p.m.

In reply to Norma66-Brent :

Ive just been enjoying the car. Its getting horrible fuel economy, but rund and drives fantastic. Been going to cruise nights with dad. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
7/16/22 11:14 p.m.

smiles per mile is acceptable form of mileage to consider

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
7/18/22 8:17 p.m.

I have to say the cuda took a minute and a few odd scope changes. However, its done and the owner is super happy. Im also REALLY impressed with the sniper stealth 4150 and holley's homework on this. So much better than all the other systems ive done. Way, way better than them. Way better than the fast and megasquirt ive used as well. Just a quality product.I have to say the I have to say the cuda took a minute and a few odd scope changes. However, its done and the owner is super happy. Im also REALLY impressed with the sniper stealth 4150 and holley's homework on this. So much better than all the other systems ive done. Way, way better than them. Way better than the fast and megasquirt ive used as well. Just a quality product.

Hey are cubic dollyars keepin' this outa the duster?!?!?!?!!!

Dusterbd13-michael
7/18/22 9:22 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Yes, pretty much. 

And complacency. It currently works well enough. So doing more iS lower on the list. 

Dusterbd13-michael
8/25/22 7:31 a.m.

Since my last day at my current job is Tuesday, and tomorrow is fun car Friday and the oakboro cruise night, i got the car washed, tire pressure set, and have been working on the carb linkage. ALMOST have full throttle again. Need to pull the gas pedal and rebend it. 

I also need to pull the brakes apart and regrease sliders (hey, it's only been 20 years), install the wideband and vacuum gauge, and start tweaking the tune. 

Probably should have it aligned at some point too, and fashion a grommet for the wiring in the firewall. Details. Its always details. 

But, i have faith in it for tomorrow's hundred mile run!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
i5J6tfPlV5ePvdZtStBWfAV2urMg4CDAyVGVEmDolJHxGGE12MkA3UY8Zoz60ZIZ