16 17 18
JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
7/26/18 10:53 p.m.

Back in Virginia for now, but I only have 3 weeks to wrap things up before moving to Colorado.  Packing is underway, but I'd really like to get the TR6 running so that it can be moved around under it's own power.  This mainly involves coming up with a fuel tank, making some lines, and hooking up the fuel rail along with some wiring.

I finally received the fuel pressure regulator and in-tank pump assembly I'd been waiting for.  The pump assembly is too wide to fit on the top of the TR6 tank.  More on that later.  Here's how the fuel rail is looking.

I'm thinking that fuel should enter at the front, pass through the regulator, and return along the passenger side frame rail.  The hose above is laid along this route.  I'd like to put the regulator on the firewall, but there's just not enough room between the tags on the firewall and the hood latch.  So maybe on top of the foot well as above.  I can run a hard line from the bottom of the regulator to the hard return line on the frame.  A short flex line would connect to the fuel rail.  I'd also need a supply hose and hard line to connect to the front of the fuel rail.  A 90 degree fitting to a hard line over the water pump and down the side of the block (like the stock routing) with a hose to the hard supply line on the driver side frame rail should do the job.

An oil catch can needs to fit in there somewhere too.  Richard Good puts it in front of the hood latch so that the drain can go into the stock fuel pump location.  This could work with careful hose routing.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
9/3/18 10:04 a.m.

The good news is that I'm now living in Colorado and slowly getting a house set up.  The garage is littered with furniture refinishing projects and more.  Once everything is in place, there should be enough room left for the car project.  Unfortunately (or maybe it's a good thing), the Triumph stuff and most tools are still in Virginia.  The project TR6 still isn't running, so it will be trailered behind a box truck full of tools and parts sometime in October.  I'm not looking forward to that drive.  The other TR6 will either be driven, shipped, or sold.

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
9/3/18 7:03 p.m.

I hadn't been in this thread for a while so I just went back to the start and read every post.  Man, you do nice work!  I look forward to following along as you complete it.

16 17 18
Our Preferred Partners
34OMgcSOMKpGKY2VkuAFQmF19L16XLvCWWRa7BoksFcQYDZWO2E6op3CHWDMW3Qn