38 39 40
JoeTR6
JoeTR6 SuperDork
5/29/24 8:03 a.m.

It's been two years since I "finished" this project.  So what's up, you might ask.  First, it has a new home.

This was before all of the stuff was moved from the old house.  We now have a storage issue that might be solved by thinning out the used parts supply.  I might get around to setting up this garage properly by the end of summer.  Or the end of the year.

The car is still running great.  Also, it's still marking territory.

Sigh.  That's mostly from the overdrive unit.  At least it doesn't stink like diff oil.

Indy - Guy
Indy - Guy UltimaDork
5/29/24 8:52 a.m.

In reply to JoeTR6 :

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 SuperDork
5/29/24 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Indy - Guy :

LOL, yes.  When I order the 4-post lift which this will be stored on, I suppose drip trays should be included.  Otherwise, my Miata will get pretty messy.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/24 11:51 a.m.
JoeTR6 said:

you probably have a list of people who want this car when you decide to move on. Please add my name to the top of that list.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 SuperDork
5/29/24 2:18 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Sorry, I'm taking it with me in a Viking funeral.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/29/24 7:29 p.m.

In reply to JoeTR6 :

Well, I hope that's a loooooong ways out.

twentyover
twentyover Dork
5/30/24 2:08 p.m.

Interesting story on drip trays ( or at least it was to me)

Started work on my wife's MGA Coupe. Moved it from storage under my brother's extended lean-to into my shinny new shed. It's an OLD English car, so I stop into  the local NAPA to pick up a coupla drip trays. Kid at the counter DOES NOT KNOW what a drip tray was. He pulled out a couple variations of plastic oil drain pans, and I'm like "No it's like a big cookie sheet for baking." Finally another (older) counterman goes back and pulls out the two trays they have in stock.

Thirty, thirty five years ago manufacturer's started investing in good quality gasketing materials, and cars stopped making their territory. Youngster was too young, or had never been exposed to, older cars that weren't completely sealed. On our old English stuff, if It ain't leakin', it ain't got oil

I still like the phrase "That's not an oil leak. It's sweating horsepower."

oppositelocksmith
oppositelocksmith Reader
5/31/24 6:44 p.m.

I don't think I know of a running British car that doesn't have a drip tray under it....

38 39 40

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sXZEvnG5Km2OiPI701I4X0yXfExjr7RIBgnwoBrbPWGqdF8QXFsycSakxk3hRRR2