10 11 12
dr_strangeland
dr_strangeland Reader
12/17/21 6:34 p.m.

This thread makes me want to get an old Z and go back to school. Legitimately inspired.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing SuperDork
12/17/21 10:43 p.m.

I put my 280z on hold for a long time. I went back to school and got my MBA, met a woman, moved, got married and fixed up an old house. Now I'm buying parts and getting ready to jump into completing the 280z after a long slumber.

Scotty Con Queso
Scotty Con Queso SuperDork
12/18/21 8:12 a.m.

Congrats Jay.

crankwalk (Forum Supporter)
crankwalk (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/21/22 8:26 p.m.
Scotty Con Queso said:

Congrats Jay.

Thanks sir!

Props to Evasive Motorsports in California for getting me the SSR caps I needed (68.3 mm) and at a great price. Several merchants wanted $40-$50 more for the caps and $100 to ship them.....for a flat rate box that is $10. I swear people refuse to believe we have USPS here and will not discuss it when contacted. 

Also I hope to throw in an actual radiator overflow tank instead of the Corona can I've used for a few years.

The plan is to pop in for the Mitty then I immediately fly out 2 days later for the rest of my vacation. I may not get to having an exhaust completed beforehand so it's looking like another visit with this thing being insanely loud. I can put up with it for the 50 miles that will get added to the odometer. 

5/1/22 8:05 p.m.

Welp.. I'm wrapping this one up after 9 years. I have been debated keeping the Z but after all this time doing the long distance thing, I decided it was time to have a car at home in AK. I didn't want to take this one since it was all memories and it's time to make new ones. Getting a few days of seat time a year is hard after a while but no regrets!

Off in the sunset she goes.

In order to fund the next big project I've been wanting, the proceeds from the Z would cut my saving time by a couple years so I decided to go for it. I'm spending a few more weeks traveling and looking at a couple other options for the next project and if I find right one to ship up, Ill probably make a build thread on here. 

See y'all later-

Jay

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/2/22 7:14 p.m.

Just got this pic from an old friend–spotted heading north on I-75 today. 

5/3/22 6:45 a.m.

^ I felt like I was advertising for GRM sometimes because I got questions about those stickers alllll the time. laugh Hopefully it caused a few new subscribers over the years.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
5/4/22 2:27 p.m.

In reply to crankwalk (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you for representing (and being part of the community, t00). The panels without any numbers just look so cool. 

10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
otTlzUNnG1uQQfSsKbo34JVCk5UZIzg6xRgXlXi8Qq2BnFMSmpa9UrAqApOMRYBL