4 5 6 7
Wally
Wally MegaDork
7/10/15 11:19 a.m.

Now it's starting to sound like the camping trips I remember going on. It's all fun and games until you have to help dad change a power steering pump in Middle of Nowhere, West Virginia.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/10/15 11:28 a.m.

Just rolled into Sault Ste Marie. That might be the end of internet coverage for a while.

If you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, call out the mounties.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/12/15 1:17 p.m.

Waterfall hunting.

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
7/12/15 2:14 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: Just rolled into Sault Ste Marie. That might be the end of internet coverage for a while. If you don't hear from me in a couple of weeks, call out the mounties.

And how many people on this board are going to know what a Mountie is???

BTW where you are going it would be the OPP.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/12/15 3:05 p.m.
NGTD wrote: And how many people on this board are going to know what a Mountie is??? BTW where you are going it would be the OPP.

Unless he has a few bales of weed on him, then it would be the mounties.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
7/12/15 3:36 p.m.

Everybody knows who the Mounties are! They might not know what they do, but people know who they are.

Kinda like that Alamo thing that went down in Texas. Everyone knows that we're supposed to remember the Alamo, but those of us who didn't grow up in the US don't know why

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog SuperDork
7/12/15 6:25 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: Everybody knows who the Mounties are! They might not know what they do, but people know who they are. Kinda like that Alamo thing that went down in Texas. Everyone knows that we're supposed to remember the Alamo, but those of us who didn't grow up in the US don't know why

Most of the people who grew up in the US don't know why either.

Trans_Maro
Trans_Maro UberDork
7/12/15 6:41 p.m.

Alamo rents cars, right?

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/12/15 9:27 p.m.

Found a few water falls. Most of the pictures are on my cameras. You'll have to wait till I get home to see them.

The high today was about 60. It's 53 now and getting colder. After the temps we have had at home this is glorious.

Beautiful country, but the bugs are unreal. They must feed the mosquitos super foods. They are huge and voracious.

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/13/15 7:25 a.m.

In reply to Toyman01:

It's been a banner year for mosquitos. It's been HOT here in Temiscaming and North Bay. T Bay is supposed to still be hot. Glad to see you're still connected to teh internets. Any Tim Hortons or McDonalds has free wifi. So does Home Depot.You may be able to dip into them from the parking lot. I know the signal at the HD in Sudbury is STRONG. May be the same in T Bay and it's close to the road going to Mission Island Marsh. Lots of birds and rabbits and deer to see there. There's a nice little beach there too.

ValuePack
ValuePack SuperDork
7/13/15 11:25 a.m.

Mounties, right?

Hungary Bill
Hungary Bill SuperDork
7/13/15 7:06 p.m.
ValuePack wrote: Mounties, right?

I've had that song stuck in my head for a week, and I don't even know why

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mcTTRsSfzk

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/14/15 6:31 a.m.

As of yesterday, the camper is parked and we are staying with my parents on their boat. We will be making our way from Rossport, ON, to Thunder Bay, On.

There we will rent a car and go get the truck.

This morning, the sun is out and it's a beautiful day. This is the Nipigon River between Red Rock and Nipigon.

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk UltraDork
7/14/15 7:26 a.m.

<<<< Mounties?.....we're talking about mounties?

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
7/14/15 10:23 a.m.

Boat pics please.

Woody
Woody MegaDork
7/14/15 10:28 a.m.
NOHOME wrote: Boat pics please.

I think there's a thread for that...

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/jet-boat-something-different-cheap-and-fun/90477/page1/

NGTD
NGTD UltraDork
7/14/15 2:08 p.m.

I hope you are not doing a one-way rental out of Thunder Bay!!!

If you are - lube up now! It's gonna hurt when they tell you how much!

akamcfly
akamcfly Dork
7/14/15 4:50 p.m.
Toyman01 wrote: As of yesterday, the camper is parked and we are staying with my parents on their boat. We will be making our way from Rossport, ON, to Thunder Bay, On. There we will rent a car and go get the truck. This morning, the sun is out and it's a beautiful day. This is the Nipigon River between Red Rock and Nipigon.

Staying at Rainbow Falls? Rossport is the prettiest little spot along that stretch IMO. Uninteresting bit of trivia - I worked at the paper mill in Red Rock from 2001-2006.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
7/14/15 6:14 p.m.
Woody wrote:
I think there's a thread for that... https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/jet-boat-something-different-cheap-and-fun/90477/page1/

I is impressed that the whole family is spending week on the jet boat!

petegossett
petegossett PowerDork
7/14/15 6:45 p.m.
NOHOME wrote:
Woody wrote:
I think there's a thread for that... https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/build-projects-and-project-cars/jet-boat-something-different-cheap-and-fun/90477/page1/
I is impressed that the whole family is spending week on the jet boat!

They're a very close family...

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/15/15 3:22 p.m.

We are coming into Thunder Bay now. I think the marina has wifi. If so I'll try to upload some pictures.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/16/15 7:58 a.m.

The wifi is too far away from the boat. Y'all will have to wait till I get home. I will leave you with some boat pictures.

This is a 42' Symbol trawler. My parents have put abou 16000 miles on it cruising the Great Loop.

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/22/15 6:26 p.m.

3700=- miles done.

The only notable truck problems were turn signals that quit in Lansing, MI, and a heater core that puked between Sault Ste Marie, ON and White River, ON. Other than that, the tools stayed in the boxes. Amazingly enough, it only used one quart of oil.

The camper worked perfectly except for the refrigerator. It will be getting replaced. More to come on that.

I've got some pretty good pictures I'll try to get uploaded over the next few days.

Over all it was a pretty good trip.

NOHOME
NOHOME UberDork
7/22/15 6:29 p.m.

I seriously envy you that boat trip. What exactly is the "Great loop"?

Toyman01
Toyman01 MegaDork
7/22/15 7:58 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME:

http://www.greatloop.org/

By the time the boat gets back home, they will have done it twice.

4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
NoAhWJLUhiyVDSLm57xbHho8Iub5j517150vnc80jPLMAB3T3Z2m6vGmRk6Rb0r6