Gimp (Forum Supporter)
Gimp (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
5/31/22 11:51 a.m.

Here is a video of my fastest run at the event this weekend.  A longer video is coming, but instead of covering two events, I think it's going to cover this event and a clutch inspection/replacement.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/31/22 12:01 p.m.

OMG so much rear tire.  what size are those monsters?

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
5/31/22 12:04 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

They are a Hoosier radial slick.  28.0 x 14.5R-16.  14.5 inches in mm is 368.3, for those playing along at home.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/31/22 12:13 p.m.

Gimpy's. We Have The Meats

759NRNG
759NRNG UberDork
5/31/22 9:29 p.m.

My apologies for my T top comment buried way back in this ....E36M3 bro !!!! this mother berker HONKS dude!!! What gear are you starting out in(2nd).....uh it sounds that you're in it all the way around....Way Well Done!!!!

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
5/31/22 9:39 p.m.
759NRNG said:

My apologies for my T top comment buried way back in this ....E36M3 bro !!!! this mother berker HONKS dude!!! What gear are you starting out in(2nd).....uh it sounds that you're in it all the way around....Way Well Done!!!!

I don't recall the comment so no sweat! wink

Thanks for the compliment. The car is stupid fun.  I launch in first gear and shift to second around the 10 mark in the video. I stay in second for the rest of the run. 

81cpcamaro
81cpcamaro SuperDork
6/1/22 11:14 a.m.

Needs more tire. cheeky

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
7/14/22 5:27 p.m.

It's definitely been a little while since I've had an update. Discovered a problem after the last race back in May, but life and other obligations have gotten in the way. Starting to make what is my final push towards nationals.

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 HalfDork
7/15/22 8:02 p.m.

Great video, band sounds awesome. The EV charger was hilarious.

I use to rock the Wild Willy 2 back in the day. 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
7/15/22 8:05 p.m.
OjaiM5 said:

Great video, band sounds awesome. The EV charger was hilarious.

I use to rock the Wild Willy 2 back in the day. 

I love this bar. 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
7/26/22 12:01 p.m.

Mikey snapped a cool shot of the underside of the car when we were working on the clutch.  The back of the car is at the top of the photo.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
7/26/22 2:13 p.m.

I'm hopeful to get to Nationals early enough Wed to see this in person and maybe get a picture of it next to the 360.   This has been one of the forum builds I've really enjoyed following and watching you press on through any and all issues.  Hope it goes well this year.  

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
7/26/22 2:29 p.m.
nocones said:

I'm hopeful to get to Nationals early enough Wed to see this in person and maybe get a picture of it next to the 360.   This has been one of the forum builds I've really enjoyed following and watching you press on through any and all issues.  Hope it goes well this year.  

I insist on making that picture happen.  I've been dying to see the 360 up close!  Right back at cha with the favorite builds!

jh36
jh36 Dork
7/26/22 10:53 p.m.

As an innocent bystander, I would certainly like to see that too. 

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
8/8/22 12:24 p.m.

So Mikey (Mike Moran) will be co-driving the Camaro with me at Nationals this year, and until yesterday he had never driven the car.  He beat me, but he is a National Champion, so it was a bit expected.  The good news is the data shows that I may be closer to him (at the moment) than I thought.

Unfortunately, I didn't get video of my run, but I did get data.  In this video he's the orange data line, and I'm the green.

A little bit of a work and a few more events and then Nats will be here before we know it.

JoeTR6
JoeTR6 Dork
8/8/22 12:40 p.m.

I hope to see both of you in the trophies this year.  Good luck beating Mike.  He always inspired me to go faster.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
8/8/22 2:36 p.m.

I did manage to capture my last run.  It isn't my fastest, but it's not far off.  You can see how much we were fighting the back of the car.  Going to try a few things next time in order to settle it down a little.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
9/14/22 9:48 a.m.

Here is my 2022 SCCA Solo Nationals recap video.  It was a hell of a trip for sure.  It was cool seeing some of you again and meeting some of you for the first time.

I'm excited for the next phase of the car, but don't worry, I'll take you along with me.

sleepyhead the buffalo
sleepyhead the buffalo PowerDork
9/14/22 10:25 a.m.

I don't know CP cars all that well... but I've been staring at a lot of other data over the last couple years... and LatG's maxing at 1.2-1.3 (I think I saw one instantaneous 1.4g in there) seems a little low for "high grip hoosiers" on "high grip asphalt"... I'd think I'd see 1.6-1.7LatG's?

Did a quick look and found the C-Mod champions runs?  Looks like the winner was more comfortably around that range, with some transients closer to 2.0?  Not that that display is particularly "accurate" to derive numbers from.

edit:
In case the above seems "ciritical"... it's just my nature to focus in on an area that seems to 'bear fruit', and the LatG's kind of stand out to me.

Never-the-less, it's good to see update.  And I'm chuffed to hear you and the car are still improving.  I look forward to see that trend continuing.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
9/14/22 10:27 a.m.
sleepyhead the buffalo said:

I don't know CP cars all that well... but I've been staring at a lot of other data over the last couple years... and LatG's maxing at 1.2-1.3 (I think I saw one instantaneous 1.4g in there) seems a little low for "high grip hoosiers" on "high grip asphalt"... I'd think I'd see 1.6-1.7LatG's?

Did a quick look and found the C-Mod champions runs?  Looks like the winner was more comfortably around that range, with some transients closer to 2.0?  Not that that display is particularly "accurate" to derive numbers from.

You're 100% correct here.  We are going to be reevaluating the entire setup to try to get closer to those bigger numbers.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
10/3/22 3:57 p.m.

Just a quick update as the off-season gets underway.

nocones
nocones PowerDork
10/3/22 4:12 p.m.

Oooh another OnlyFans episode.   

That is a massive difference between the fans.  

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
10/3/22 4:15 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

I knew they would be better, but I was frankly "blown away."

I'm sorry.  I'll show myself out.

Gimp (Forum Supporter)
10/17/22 9:14 a.m.

A simple job, bleeding the brakes, has snowballed. I guess I should skip leg day. 

Video with the carnage and the upgrade path is in the works. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/17/22 9:43 a.m.

When your calves are as big as a professional wrestler's thighs, you may need a stronger pushrod 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bBFdqvbXOXn3sKs8hvUgPsWjZS0I7Zvl6Hdj3hI052YXMnfFCkdIDiLSmpxE5BuT