1 2 3
Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/4/17 3:28 p.m.

That's right boys, I went stupid and bought only the finest of mullet mobiles. It's still at the previous owners house, I didn't think to grab any pics. I'll update this when I go pick it up tomorrow.

Ricky Spanish
Ricky Spanish Reader
8/4/17 3:59 p.m.

One of my fave cars. In for pics.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/4/17 4:13 p.m.

I still want a third generation iroc convertible. Id give up the miata for pne.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/4/17 4:15 p.m.

Here's the best picture of it taken from the ad.

I gather this is an old picture but it looks largely the same, just more dusty now.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/4/17 4:19 p.m.

The clone to this car is sitting in the church parking lot right now. Apparently broken. The want is strong.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/4/17 4:35 p.m.

Car is currently a roller but it comes with the original dead 700R4 (I luckily have a spare 700R4 with an f-body tail housing). The L98 comes with it too. I was told by the seller that he did some porting on the heads, put flat top pistons in and an old Comp EFI cam. At one time the engine had ported SLP runners on the TPI intake. He sold the TPI stuff already. I'll have to consider my options on what I want to do there. Pretty sure I want EFI but I'm not sure TPI is the way to do it.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/4/17 4:40 p.m.

Proform mpfi intake with 19lb injectors and stock 7730 ecm.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 UltimaDork
8/4/17 4:54 p.m.
SEADave
SEADave HalfDork
8/4/17 5:04 p.m.

Supercool. Definitely the 3rd gen to get right there. I guarantee the rest of us will be standing around in 10 years or so asking why we didn't get one when they were cheap. Digi or analog dash?

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/4/17 5:15 p.m.

In reply to SEADave:

Digital. Going to have to wait to find out if any of it works.

Agent98
Agent98 New Reader
8/4/17 5:18 p.m.

+++++++++ !!!!

3rd gens rock. (spoken as a 4th gen owner)

see what it can be...mega buck mullet battle cruiser

BrokenYugo
BrokenYugo MegaDork
8/4/17 5:41 p.m.

The PO has an actual house?

conesare2seconds
conesare2seconds Dork
8/4/17 5:41 p.m.

Love some third gen. Party on.

06HHR
06HHR HalfDork
8/4/17 5:52 p.m.

That's mighty purdy right there. And a slicktop too. I'm gonna need a minute, I'll be in my bunk..

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
8/4/17 6:36 p.m.
Dusterbd13 wrote: I still want a third generation iroc convertible. Id give up the miata for pne.

Teacher at my middle school had a new one. '92 IIRC electric blue RS with a white top and interior. It looked awesome.

Nothing wrong with a burgundy on burgundy third gen. FACT.

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
8/5/17 4:40 p.m.

They aren't cheap, but Hawks makes a set of GTA repro wheels that look the same but are big enough to put good rubber on.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/5/17 8:43 p.m.

It was dark by the time I got home with it. I'll get pics in the morning.

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/6/17 12:52 p.m.

It's home. My phone's camera seems to be a bit iffy after a bath in ATF +4, but I'll deal with that later. The hood didn't come with it as it got damaged and tossed a long time ago, I had a spare '84 Trans Am hood left over so it's on there as a cover right now. It won't be staying because it's full of rust, I'm going to try to find the right hood for it, at the very least a normal flat hood. No cowls or ram air sillyness etc.

Well now I need to hurry up and get the shop cleaned up so this one can move inside.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
8/6/17 9:44 p.m.

Does it have the digital gauges? For the love of god does it have the digital gauges?!?!

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/6/17 10:22 p.m.

In reply to N7Prime:

Bro, I already said it has the digital gauges.

A 401 CJ
A 401 CJ HalfDork
8/7/17 7:24 a.m.

MULLET fits on a plate. I'm going to my state's website now to see if it's available. That would be awesome.

N7Prime
N7Prime Reader
8/7/17 6:08 p.m.

In reply to Chadeux:

sorry

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
8/7/17 9:41 p.m.
Chadeux wrote: a normal flat hood. No cowls or ram air sillyness etc.

Yes. This. I've finally managed to find a clean flat hood for my Camaro. I hate the fake vents it came with...

Chadeux
Chadeux Dork
8/7/17 10:23 p.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage:

I like the vents on the Trans Am hood, of course they are way more subtle than your Camaro's vents.

I don't mind the "power bulge" hood I have on it now but it works better without the Trans Am ground effects. In a perfect world I would have rather gotten a Formula but I'm definitely not complaining about what I got.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve MegaDork
8/8/17 8:38 a.m.

So this is not the V6 Turbo? IIRC, it was faster than the Regal and the V8 version.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
3fQcnzvmCrkPSNhfB4jqrBX1LqxmEqrLD1hYzZ6qHmzd1XZjoCHlHHgBNARQmykv