solfly
solfly New Reader
5/11/13 8:04 p.m.

solfly
solfly New Reader
5/11/13 8:04 p.m.

i realized i havent been labeling the pics for a while

heres a quick rundown of the mods ive done, that i remember

converted from cable actuated clutch to hydraulic actuated clutch installed 2 aluminum racing seats updgraded from 9.5" front brakes to 10.3" with integra type r calipers and hawk pads "tucked" all the brake lines and relocated the proportioning valve to under the dash removed stock seatbelts and installed 4 and 5 pont harnesses removed everything under the hood and repainted it removed all the front suspension and repainted it went from 15x6.5 wheels to 15x9 front and 15x8 rear removed weight

still lots more to come

going from a D16A6 to a D16Z6 ebay cold air intake (marginal performance improvement over the stock air box but lighter) going from stock open cable trans to lsd hydro trans

some more stuff thats still a secret/pending

solfly
solfly New Reader
5/11/13 8:05 p.m.

firewall holes plugged drivers side harness ready to be attacked

deloomed

separated

ground block depinned

harness "tucked"

solfly
solfly New Reader

tires mounted

sneak peak

solfly
solfly New Reader

solfly
solfly New Reader
5/11/13 8:06 p.m.

solfly
solfly New Reader
5/11/13 8:08 p.m.

so that pretty much brings us up to date as to where the car is at now

had a very limited season in 2012 and didnt make many changes for 2013, had 1 event so far and won my class

accordionfolder
accordionfolder HalfDork
5/7/14 5:49 p.m.

Nice! Any plans for HPDE or trackdays? I've looked through this before, but this thread has been quiet for too long! ;)

Any more in action pics? I can't get enough of civics with bulging wheel wells (how dirty...).

Vigo
Vigo PowerDork
5/9/14 8:50 p.m.

Some really nice work went into that thing. Good job!

Timeormoney
Timeormoney Reader
5/9/14 10:06 p.m.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/3/14 3:24 p.m.
accordionfolder wrote: Nice! Any plans for HPDE or trackdays? I've looked through this before, but this thread has been quiet for too long! ;) Any more in action pics? I can't get enough of civics with bulging wheel wells (how dirty...).

completely missed that there were replies to this. i did do one track day with it back a few years ago before the gutting/lsd/engine swap etc. itching to do another for sure.

will post action pics

solfly
solfly Reader
6/3/14 3:24 p.m.
Vigo wrote: Some really nice work went into that thing. Good job!

thanks, much appreciated

solfly
solfly Reader
6/3/14 3:26 p.m.

In reply to Timeormoney:

ha ha, nice! looks like my moms cat

solfly
solfly Reader
6/3/14 3:32 p.m.

pic by maine's finest http://mainesfinest.org/gallery-3/

f6sk
f6sk New Reader
6/3/14 9:29 p.m.

Those wheels are drool worthy.

Opti
Opti Reader
6/3/14 10:48 p.m.

So Jelly!!!

Is that a D series!?! I am not a Honda guy at all, but I realy really want to pick up a cheap Honda with any 1.6 D series, slap some vitaras and an ebay turbo, throw some drag radials on it, and make it quiet and go troll people.

Im not even talking build it right or anything. I want to do it cheap and blow E36 M3 up constantly, racing anyone who will bite.

And it appears you're building a d series right and its making me sooo jelly!!!!

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Dork
6/4/14 12:18 a.m.

I hope it's raspberry jelly...that's my favorite.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/4/14 4:09 a.m.
f6sk wrote: Those wheels are drool worthy.

15x9 TRMotorsports up front 15x8 Kosei KR4 in the rear couldn't get a matching set in the sizes I wanted without spending a fortune.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/4/14 4:11 a.m.
Opti wrote: So Jelly!!! Is that a D series!?! I am not a Honda guy at all, but I realy really want to pick up a cheap Honda with any 1.6 D series, slap some vitaras and an ebay turbo, throw some drag radials on it, and make it quiet and go troll people. Im not even talking build it right or anything. I want to do it cheap and blow E36 M3 up constantly, racing anyone who will bite. And it appears you're building a d series right and its making me sooo jelly!!!!

Itsthe D16Z6 which is the 92-95 EX/Si engine

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 Dork
6/4/14 8:41 a.m.

Is it sad that the thread title always makes me wonder if civics are passed on via intercouse? All I can see is sexually transmitted diseases instead of standard which is what std means in thos case.

Build is looking great. Making me miss my old crx.

solfly
solfly Reader
6/4/14 10:41 a.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13:

i always make sure to say STD

thanks!

DustoffDave
DustoffDave HalfDork
6/6/14 12:30 p.m.

This is a great build. A bit of a benchmark for my current build (thanks for the advice on that, by the way).

solfly
solfly Reader
6/6/14 2:42 p.m.

No problem. Glad to help. Hit me up with any specific questions.

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
6tFA1aYKCJ5ThFyEMZkuunBXjvQ5sc8Zv9jUxx2puj81bN0JiZrZsHCBFixfZLeU