Looks great!

moparman76_69
moparman76_69 SuperDork
4/9/14 1:14 p.m.

That's awesome

Fobroader
Fobroader New Reader
4/9/14 1:38 p.m.

Awesome man!! MJ in this area fall under 2 categories: rusty as all hell and owners want stupid money for them still or semi clean and owners want really, stupid, ridiculous, out of this world money. Will be definitely keeping up with this thread, love the Comanche.

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
2/19/15 3:25 p.m.

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this thread. I’ve been driving the truck since the lift was installed but I haven’t gotten around to finishing the 4WD swap. I was hoping to get it done before winter but I’ve been using it to try and finish up some house projects before it snowed. With all the storms we’ve been getting the truck has been useless with 2wd and the open diff. Decided it’s time to start doing something about that. I found a front driveshaft and just bought boostwerks HD shifter linkage which will be a nice upgrade over the stock stuff which I don’t have anyway. Last piece I need is that actual shifter.

DaveEstey
DaveEstey PowerDork
2/19/15 3:30 p.m.

I have another friend who just finished doing a frame-off build of one of these:

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid PowerDork
2/19/15 3:35 p.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

That looks good!

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
2/20/15 9:27 a.m.

In reply to DaveEstey:

Looks great! I like the 97+ front end. I have all the parts plus interior and wiring to swap mine. Not sure if i'm going to do the interior since it would involve a lot of down time.

solfly
solfly Reader
2/20/15 10:02 a.m.

looks great man!

dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep

beans
beans Dork
2/24/15 1:02 a.m.
solfly wrote: dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep dont buy another jeep

This. So much this.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
2/26/15 9:41 a.m.

This truck looks TOUGH. With the 4wd, it should really be unstoppable.

84FSP
84FSP Reader
2/26/15 11:12 a.m.

So cool! Always loved these and almost never see them anymore...

PseudoSport
PseudoSport Dork
4/20/15 3:17 p.m.

I’ve been daily driving the Comanche more since my other car was hit twice in 2 weeks and is now in the body shop. It’s been about a year since I’ve had a valid state inspection sticker so I thought maybe it would be a good idea to get it inspected and try to have it legal since I’ll be driving it more. Everything checked out except for the drivers floor. I failed due to a rust hole and I remember there being a small hole when I bought the truck but I pulled up the carpet and…wow! Yeah, that’s a lot worse then I remember. Probably wouldn’t have noticed unless I failed inspection. Oh well, ordered up some new floor pans that I’ll try to install in a few weeks.

For now I’ve been referring to the truck as the MJ-R

Since I don’t have many other pictures of the truck here is one from Saturday

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tErdHFVJjgoAEVxPZrKgNkLRyMNOcavfPWlYYXBbCjuCL27KDQ3AAGGIUympQEoR