1 2
lnlogauge
lnlogauge New Reader
2/19/13 9:47 a.m.

I really like the comfortable daily driver idea. Stock driver you're getting the most bang for your buck, since people pay rediculous money for mint hondas. I just like the idea of taking an older car, and making it more comfortable. With all the junkyard honda's, you could probably get most of your upgrades on the cheaper side. Before you get too set on the roof a different color, it's definitely worth a photoshop to see. I personally like the cleanliness of one color.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
2/19/13 3:30 p.m.

This.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/20/13 10:21 a.m.

That's nice, but maybe a little too ricey-JDMish for me. I'm not into the body kit kind of stuff. I do like the stance and color.

Fletch1
Fletch1 HalfDork
2/20/13 10:34 a.m.

It sure wouldn't hurt my feelings seeing it put back original

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/20/13 12:02 p.m.

I'll be sure to add "don't hurt Fletch's feelings" to the list of things I need to do on this car..

J308
J308 Reader
2/20/13 4:08 p.m.

In reply to Fletch1:

This, agreed. JDM is definitely best with this car IMO.

And good call, bravenrace. You should always strive to not hurt someone's feelings.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/20/13 4:11 p.m.

This without goofy-colored wheels?

gamby
gamby UltimaDork
2/20/13 6:10 p.m.
bravenrace wrote: That's nice, but maybe a little too ricey-JDMish for me. I'm not into the body kit kind of stuff. I do like the stance and color.

I'm not a bodykit fan, either, but that one looks REALLY nice. Classic.

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 Reader
2/20/13 6:52 p.m.

I actually love the way it looks in the first picture. I say restore it, keep those wheels, put some good suspension on it, and have a nice daily/weekend warrior. An engine swap would be cool, but not required.

oldsaw
oldsaw PowerDork
2/20/13 11:44 p.m.
Fletch1 wrote: This.

I don't see a body kit on this car. I do see what appears to be a Mugen-type hatch spoiler, a front lip and some bottle caps.

All in all, it's just great EF sweetness.

geckowraps
geckowraps New Reader
2/21/13 1:49 a.m.

Well don't have much knowledge about this, but if you repaint your engine than it can be helpful for you.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/21/13 6:33 a.m.

In reply to oldsaw:

I may have used the term loosely, but I did say "body kit kind of stuff". Hey, it's had both bumpers replaced, a rear spoiler added, and while it's hard to see in the picture, I believe side skirts. I'm not sure what the definition of a body kit is, but in any case I have no problem with the factory bodywork, so I won't be replacing it. I would have a really hard time finding anything like this anyway, as they've all but stopped producing any parts like these for EF's.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/25/13 7:34 a.m.
Swank Force One wrote: This without goofy-colored wheels?

Do you know where to get that front lip/spoiler/air dam? I've wanted one of those for my CRX also, but can't find anything.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/25/13 8:30 a.m.
bravenrace wrote:
Swank Force One wrote: This without goofy-colored wheels?
Do you know where to get that front lip/spoiler/air dam? I've wanted one of those for my CRX also, but can't find anything.

I don't.... but i can probably find out. My guess is that it's some JDM-tyte y0 OEM part. Give me a day or two, i know a couple people who would know.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
2/25/13 2:13 p.m.

In reply to Swank Force One:

That would be great! It doesn't have to be that exact one, but something like it.

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
2/25/13 2:27 p.m.

Ok, that's a JDM front end with a Chargespeed (or replica) front lip.

I've also found references to a "JDM sh!t" lip, but can't tell if that was tongue in cheek or not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/88-89-90-91-Honda-Civic-EF-5DR-5D-Wagon-CS-Front-Bumper-PU-Lip-URETHANE-Body-Kit-/350683828870?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Year%3A1991|Model%3ACivic&hash=item51a6629286&vxp=mtr

bravenrace
bravenrace MegaDork
8/22/16 2:43 p.m.

FOR SALE

After sitting for a few years, I've decided I'm never going to be able to make this car a priority, so I'm going to sell it. It's a complete car that is partially disassembled. You can see most of it in the pictures. It does need rocker panels, and they are included with the car. The interior is pretty nice, the engine is fine, the transaxle is fine. The car didn't need taken apart. It was just a project that I started to make the car exceptional, with good intentions, and then life got in the way. The only thing that I believe is missing are the front shock absorbers. I have Koni yellows for the rear.
I'm not sure what to ask for this car. I could easily part it out for a lot more than I can get for it whole, but I want to see it put back together. If I can find someone that can convince me that they are going to do just that, we'll work out the price. Shoot me a PM if you are interested.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
U6w21VM2bgEbOz6mXwHPDVLfYDp4AaR269LXn5f7OzHyLo8N5hkPeQ7u9oJ3iAQS