1 2
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/6/23 9:53 a.m.

when you said "remove the supercharger" i was like NOOOOOOOOOOO!  but then you reinstalled it and i was like AW YEAH.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/6/23 8:08 p.m.
Keith Tanner said:

Enjoy the blue smoke the first time that header wrap comes up to temp. It can be dramatic :)

I have already caught a whiff of the smoke from test drive around the block. I thought what did I get oil on?? But read the manufacture web page and all was good.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas Reader
2/11/23 9:04 p.m.

I have the parts Miata with a white front bumper on it that does not have a area of paint removed from a fender bender. It is all loose from removing the fenders. I could not use that bumper it is missing alot of the mounting tabs to hold it in place.  I had to use the one on the car. It has all the mounting tabs. I drove to HF and bought a hood stand for $20. Those work good for holding a Miata bumper for sanding and priming white.  I should have taken pictures during the process. 

This is the best before picture I could come up with. This is why the right front fender mount needed to be straightened. 

This picture gives away what my plans are for this Miata. As you can see things needed to be removed to take on this adventure. The doors needed to be torn down (handles, mirrors and   window trim removed) during this job I found out that this little chip was more than that

There was three like this on the trunk lid. I ended up doing this to the lid.

It is amazing what packaging tape can do.

I did have to sand a few spots off the edges and one stubborn spot in the corner. But it all peeled off.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
3/20/23 10:43 p.m.

Here are some pictures of the Miata through out the wrapping process. I should have taken more 

Before

After

Not too easy to wrap a hardtop. I could not avoid a seam at the space between the chrome brackets.

I think the stripes add a little to it.

Why not add a Mazdaspeed decal on the front and rear bumper?!

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
3/21/23 9:42 a.m.

What size piece(s) of vinyl did you need for the hard top?

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
3/21/23 9:12 p.m.

I needed to measure it again. But I used a 6'x6' piece. And I still had to do some stretching of material to get it all covered. 

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
3/22/23 9:21 a.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

Bummer. I was hoping the 5ft wide stuff I have in the basement would do it. 

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
3/25/23 9:37 p.m.

Is it for a race car? You could split it down the middle

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
3/26/23 9:06 p.m.

I have rims and tires on the Miata. The tires are old. The rims are aftermarket. They do not self centering. And to me are ugly.

So I have a set of BBS Miata rims laying around. I think that these will look alot better on this Miata than the ones on it now.

I wanted Toyo Proxies on those rims. But they do not make them in the size I chose 205/50r14. Or at all in R14 size :0(  

So I bought 185/60R14 Kumo's. They should do the job they need to do. As you can see from the picture they are all mounted and balanced.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
3/26/23 9:43 p.m.

In reply to MyMiatas :

Fair point. I may give that a shot.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
3/26/23 11:28 p.m.

Which Kumhos did you use?

Those aftermarket wheels are indeed self-centering - the tapered lug nut seats center the wheel. Nothing wrong with that at all, the hubcentering is purely a convenience for mounting. But I agree with your aesthetic evaluation. They're like ARE tried to copy a Penta but couldn't get the proportions right.

MyMiatas
MyMiatas HalfDork
3/27/23 11:03 p.m.

The tires are Solus TA51a. 

I had them off the car and reinstalled them. The non centering rims can be picky about the install.  The BBS will be easier to install when needed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Dfc4neW2gvQ5NsF3kaPAlHOcCKvyjNVy1AMqknHuDTqq1u5Dc2y6TIPTrGYKi5CH