cdowd (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/2/22 4:58 p.m.

In reply to 06HHR (Forum Supporter) :

Are those bbs rk?

06HHR (Forum Supporter)
06HHR (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/2/22 5:03 p.m.

In reply to cdowd (Forum Supporter) :

No, i wish.  They are knock off no-name chineisum alloys that I picked up used over 12 years ago.  They do look nice though.  

EDIT: Found the center cap when I got home, they are RS Limited Ikari 17 x 7.  They actually aren't on the car right now. I went down to a 205/50-15 from a 205/40-17 so I could get some ride quality back.  She's rocking some 94 Altima 5 spoke alloys with no center caps right now.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/5/22 12:41 p.m.

Two 1990 nissans. One of my friends has an Autech Stelvio Zagato, it's the nissan leopard platform with a vg30det bodied in Italy.

Chris_B5
Chris_B5 New Reader
11/7/22 7:49 p.m.
Patrick said:

Two 1990 nissans. One of my friends has an Autech Stelvio Zagato, it's the nissan leopard platform with a vg30det bodied in Italy.

Both of your cars are too cool! Was this picture taken in the parking lot at Boston Mills/CVNP? Looks really familiar!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/7/22 10:26 p.m.

In reply to Chris_B5 :

Yep on Friday mornings we get together there at the visitor center before people go to work

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/8/22 8:33 a.m.

PG were the GT-R 's ever AWD?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/8/22 10:26 a.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

All the 89+ ones. I am happy I ended up with a RWD car that had the gtr stuff added because it's a blast to slide around

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/8/22 11:33 a.m.
Patrick said:

In reply to 759NRNG :

All the 89+ ones. I am happy I ended up with a RWD car that had the gtr stuff added because it's a blast to slide around

and yur bullett is the Bad Boy from the  GT-R?

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
11/8/22 4:34 p.m.

AWD GT-R is heavier but a fuse pull away from RWD.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/11/22 12:24 p.m.

Took kids to park yesterday morning then 5 gals of fresh 93 with stabil, washed, dried, battery tender hooked up, and covered for winter

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Dork
11/11/22 3:31 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I didn't make it out before winter. Shame on me. 

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/11/22 4:30 p.m.
Patrick said:

Took kids to park yesterday morning then 5 gals of fresh 93 with stabil, washed, dried, battery tender hooked up, and covered for winter

Except for those three times when it hasn't snowed in awhile, the roads are DRY, and the sun is shinning.....you'll be pavement pounding in nuttin' flat

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/11/22 5:45 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Unless it has rained at least three or four times since the last time the roads were salted, probably not wise.

What a dry sunny day in NE Ohio looks like (car was washed the previous day)

That was all just from driving on dry salty roads.  There was a haze of salt hanging over the Interstate.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
11/11/22 6:46 p.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

Roads ARe DRY after no snow uh i used to live there bro 

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
11/11/22 7:02 p.m.

In reply to 759NRNG :

Dry doesn't mean no salt.  It's the salt that kills cars, not the water.  That is why you see 50 year old Toyotas and Datsuns in the PNW when they dissolved before they were paid off here.

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
11/11/22 7:08 p.m.

Yeah the brine is NASTY stuff...  i made the mistake of taking a moto ride during one of those 'dry' days in Feb once; I think I spent half a day and 500 gallons of hot water to get it out of everywhere.  Like Pete says it's like an aerosolized fog over the highways until it gets flushed away.

Pat, I just discovered this Centerra place on Smith Rd. has 90 octane ethanol-free gas.

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma New Reader
11/12/22 11:28 a.m.

Patiently waiting for Pat to put the skyline on a lift so it can be researched more and uncover any more goodies

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/12/22 12:45 p.m.

In reply to XLR99 (Forum Supporter) :

Yeah I went there for diesel a couple weeks ago and noticed the non ethanol 90. I'll be getting a jug for my chainsaws this week, but the skyline is on a 93 tune so I just put enough stabil in with the last fill to not worry about it, and made sure I ran it enough so the whole system has stabilized fuel in it

buzzboy
buzzboy SuperDork
11/12/22 1:43 p.m.

Sad to see it go away for winter. Glad I spend my winters in salt-free-california. Love the photo with Stelvia!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
1/30/23 12:37 p.m.

it's cold, wintery, and sucks outside. Skyline is still on the battery tender awaiting spring. Updates: I have a new stereo for it. The 300ZX I bought for parts has a brand new Pioneer bluetooth head unit and speakers all around, all the wiring, and I have a new Pioneer amp and JBL 10" sub that I kept from a flip vehicle. I'll order the install kit when I get some stuff together. going from a 2 din to a 1 din will give me room to mount the new gReddy profec b spec 2 boost controller and gReddy turbo timer that also came with the Z32. 

If anyone is interested in reading the full story behind the why a Skyline and the chase check it out, it's the first article/story on my new website.

https://carsandkink.com/2023/01/chasing-my-unicorn/

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
1/30/23 1:20 p.m.

I was worried when this thread bubbled to the top.

It is still salty outside, Skyline, go back to sleep

trumant
trumant Reader
1/30/23 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That article! Such raw emotion and a hell of a story.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/7/23 9:10 p.m.

Today found out why it would dribble gas if I filled it all the way. Also, manufacturers who make fuel pump access panels are the best. berkeley you, GM

o-ring way too big, not in it's slot. 

verified car was upgraded to GTR pump. Piecing together a stereo. Some place makes plates to put a 6" round speaker in the doors so I can surely do that for $0. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/7/23 9:16 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I have A LOT of spare gear here. What do you need?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/7/23 9:19 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Nothing. I have so much stuff I just have to decide what goes where. The 300zx came with a brand new Bluetooth head unit and 6" 3 way pioneers. Have 4 different new subs and 2 amps to pick from. I feel like I should sell the JL audio ones because they're almost new and are $350 each new

8 9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sCL2LYawkm6XoMIz1OQK0FvLdcoUCqga9kvWXn4tuwcoGz2d1YVSy7HkFufneGfz