9 10 11 12
Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
2/7/23 9:27 p.m.

Fair enough!

I have a high end 90s spec sony cd player here if you want to go period correct 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/7/23 9:38 p.m.

I'm either going to go with the single din bluetooth kenwood from the Z32 and make a blockoff or get a 2 din with carplay that will fit right in and hook up to my phone

XLR99 (Forum Supporter)
XLR99 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/8/23 8:31 p.m.

I have a single din cubby thing from Olivia's car if you want.

Also if you lean toward a double din for carplay, I put an Atoto in her car - I made a thread about it a couple weeks ago. Its like $200 with wireless ACP/AA from Amazon but I also saw some open box on ebay for less$

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
2/12/23 11:53 a.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

Fair enough!

I have a high end 90s spec sony cd player here if you want to go period correct 

Not to thread hijack but do you still have this? The Q45 has a fancy ATOTO with carplay and all that but I would consider tearing it all out for sweet sweet virtual internet points for being period correct.

Dusterbd13-michael
2/12/23 11:54 a.m.

In reply to ExcessKuma :

Yup. In a box somewhere. Ill see if i can find it....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/5/23 4:37 p.m.

smoothed out the inlet plumbing and painted it textured black. Stuck camera in turbo inlets, look healthy no signs of housing rubbing compressor wheels. 

have pieced together a stereo, will see how that goes. Want to make a bracket for next to the battery to hold my new main fuse, a distribution block, and amp fuse. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/5/23 7:00 p.m.

Before

after

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/9/23 9:37 p.m.

added some protection and moved the distribution block, put a new 0 gauge copper cable in place of the OP's copper clad aluminum audio cable battery cable, and have fuse holder ready for an amp wire. Also ran new battery cable to starter 

Dusterbd13-michael
3/9/23 9:39 p.m.

I love the clear timing belt cover. So rad.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/10/23 9:54 p.m.

much cleaner. Cleaned the pcv valve while I was at it and tidying up things as I see them

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
3/11/23 2:25 p.m.
Patrick said:

much cleaner. Cleaned the pcv valve while I was at it and tidying up things as I see them

Just gotta help you source a matching coil cover now

Dusterbd13-michael
3/11/23 2:54 p.m.

Are those filters the ones with the internal velocity stack?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/11/23 4:21 p.m.

Yes

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/5/23 10:41 p.m.

David S. Wallens
David S. Wallens Editorial Director
4/6/23 12:54 p.m.

Very happy to see you enjoying the Skyline. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/6/23 4:43 p.m.

In reply to David S. Wallens :

am enjoying the snot out of it

ExcessKuma
ExcessKuma Reader
4/6/23 7:35 p.m.
Patrick said:

Clean audio setups make me very happy.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/7/23 2:12 p.m.

apparently enjoyed myself a little too much. Got a verbal warning for rapid acceleration and was initially pulled due to suspected road rage. The corolla driver in front of me was leaning out his window losing it taking pics and waving, officer 4 cars back thought that was road rage until I explained we were smiling and having fun and that it happens every time I drive it

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
4/7/23 2:22 p.m.

BTW a buddy recently tested the MaxSpeedingRods double DIN stereo with AA/ACP, specifically for the line out balance and voltage as well as the effectiveness of its built in equalizer. Apparently it is a lot better on the RCA side than even a lot of premium head units.

759NRNG
759NRNG PowerDork
4/7/23 3:57 p.m.
Patrick said:

apparently enjoyed myself a little too much. Got a verbal warning for rapid acceleration and was initially pulled due to suspected road rage. The corolla driver in front of me was leaning out his window losing it taking pics and waving, officer 4 cars back thought that was road rage until I explained we were smiling and having fun and that it happens every time I drive it

I would like my T in a XL please and thank you.....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/9/23 1:18 p.m.

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/20/23 7:02 p.m.

HooooooooooooOOOOOOOMG

(Pete rode in the Skyline)

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
5/21/23 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Pete. (l33t FS) :

I think you giggled a little

Pete. (l33t FS)
Pete. (l33t FS) MegaDork
5/21/23 5:13 p.m.

Probably.  It is a certifiable giggle factory.

Edit:

It is not that it is fast, although it certainly is that.  It is not so much that it is one of the JDM Heros that we drooled over in issues of Sport Compact Car and played with in Gran Turismo.

A lot is the sound.  It isn't very loud at all, most of what I could hear was turbo and intake and mechanical engine sounds, which are what really make me smile.  (And another reason why timing belts are superior to chains)

And it is really, really smooth, almost electric.

And, and this cannot be stressed enough, it is a nice car.  It isn't a rattletrap with poorly fitting exhaust hitting the body, or overly stiff engine and subframe mounting buzzing you constantly, or interior panels creaking and popping, and the spring and damping rates felt exactly perfect to feel sporty without being punishing...

I am also jelly that you have 5.14 gears and no horrible driveshaft resonances I could even remotely detect.  That is HARD to achieve.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey SuperDork
5/22/23 10:01 a.m.
Pete. (l33t FS) said:

And it is really, really smooth, almost electric.

So. Smooooooooooooooth. 

(Andrew rode in it the day after Pete did)

9 10 11 12

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
F4IULt3gpwHdnGttEzy6c10vuQuRDwrSplZoTFlbwvuoNpNIKiad1sNACZqLkmFD