1 2
Woody
Woody MegaDork
4/1/19 6:57 p.m.

UPDATE!

It’s been about five years since I put this bike together, and probably about three since I’ve ridden it. Pretty much a combination of too much to do and crappy winters. 

I started looking for another old Cannondale to use as a dirt road beater around the neighborhood. Not finding any good options on Craigslist or Facebook, I wandered down to the basement to take a closer look at the Delta V. After a few rides in the snow and mud, it was no longer as showroom fresh as it was when I got it from my friend. I decided that this bike would be the Easy Button. 

I’ve ordered a normal set of tires to replace the crazy expensive Scandinavian Studs, a pair of clipless pedals, and a seatpost, as the bike seems to have lost its post to another project. Total cost of the new parts was about $70. Hopefully, everything will be here by the weekend. The rear rack and fender will probably stay, mostly because I really like the way it looks, but I suspect that the front fender will make a lot of noise and drive me crazy, so that will probably come off for now. 

I’m looking forward to ripping around the dirt roads on this bike over the next few months. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
4/2/19 5:31 a.m.

In reply to Woody :

Nice! I too have been trying to get out on the bike more. I’ve already ridden about 2x as much/far as last year, but I’ve only been out a couple times. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kYFzGsZSx7OU72rS2nP8PKlfgc6fkoSr7u5lppONwvQ3rWWowKzukLrGO9esJHUP