LT
LT New Reader
8/19/18 12:32 p.m.

My husband and I purchased this 1994 Chevy S10 new from the dealership. We are the original owners. All work has been done by Chevy except small things we did ourselves. Problem: The ABS light is on constantly. Took it to the Chevy dealer. They didn't have a code reader (you can do it with a paperclip), didn't have the Service Manuals (bought the whole set for $100 off ebay), etc. Since they did not have a code reader I said I would get the codes, I did that and called them back. They said they were the wrong code numbers I do not know what they were looking at, we have the proper codes. SERIOUSLY now have the picture they are not interested. Seems we need to replace the BPMV. I called Chevy headquarters to get the OEM part number, 12477670. (((I think this is a Kelsey Hayes 4WAL))) The OEM 12477670 is not made anymore. Spent two days on the internet searching for the part (discontinued) or a rebuilt/remanufactured part. As near as I can tell you need to get lucky with one from a junk yard or have the original worked on. I wonder if anyone could help me find someone that could rebuild this BPMV? I would appreciate any advice you could give me. You will be my hero forever.

Thanks

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
8/19/18 9:30 p.m.

Are the brakes still working ok? If so I would just pull the bulb and call it a day. You could also try car-part.com. also found a new one but $800

https://www.stockwiseauto.com/acdelco-12477670-abs-modulator?Year=1994&Make=Chevrolet&Model=S10%20Blazer

LT
LT New Reader
8/20/18 9:40 a.m.

In reply to Saturnguy :

The temptation to just pull the light is great. We live in a high altitude usually snowy area (drought this year). Driving on the highway or even around town in winter it is helpful to have the ABS. I was not quite sure about the stockwiseauto remanufactured listing and have sent them a message to be sure I understand what is offered. All of the codes point to replacing the unit with the exception of one code 67 Pump Motor circuit, open circuit in the connection between the pump motor and the EHCU. 

Thank you for your help. At this point I just want to be smarter and more willing than Chevy. They may want to sell me a new truck and this one meets our 4wd needs. You are a great help to me. I reallly appreciate it!!!!

LT
LT New Reader
9/27/18 10:59 p.m.

Thank you again for your help. I did buy a used BPVM from Midwest Recyclers, very nice guy on the phone, shipped right away. Then I discovered that I could buy just the electronics part OEM 8888026. I found a new one on eBay. Finally installed it today and it work perfectly. At least for now. It bothers me that issues like this make the car a disposable item. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
9/28/18 7:19 a.m.

Gm is notorious for things like this. Main reason i wont buy a new gm.

In the future, reach out to the forum. If we cant find the parts, we can figure out a work around. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
rJzCDWK3McP342DOVzAAsc9jE2TfxxokW6kBKW0vt7ipz4JOrMA8dCX3u5iTirKF