2 3 4
KonaBoss
KonaBoss New Reader
6/25/18 11:41 p.m.

All, time to bring this thread back from the dead! Sorry for the lapse in updates, needed to take a break from the car for a bit. Since the last update, the following has occurred:

1. Buildup and install of front coilovers (Tokico D-specs with 375lb springs)

2. Install of maximum motorsports caster/camber plates

3. Install of maximum motorsports front forward offset lower control arms

4. Install of maximum motorsports torque arm rear springs (the softer of the 2 rates)

5. Re-centering of panhard bar after lowering

6. Set ride height and put on a good alignment (2.25 camber, 6.5 caster, 0.1 toe)

I am happy to report that these changes made a huge difference on the overall handling, ride, and feel of this car! Totally changed the attitude. Does not feel like it wants to fall apart every time it goes around a corner anymore. The only thing remaining to do is fix the leak at the fuel tank... I checked and it is not the filler neck seal (put a new one in for good measure). It is actually coming out of the top of the pump area. I’m debating whether I want to try and troubleshoot the leak, or just put a new tank and pump assembly in the car... 

Also, after thinking it over further, I think I’ll be putting this car up for sale towards the end of the summer. Life priorities change, so if you are looking for a track capable mustang with a ton of work done and top quality parts, you know where to find me!

akylekoz
akylekoz Dork
6/26/18 8:15 a.m.

My most recent tank leak was the rollover valve grommet on top of the tank.  That one almost cost me a track day.

KonaBoss
KonaBoss New Reader
7/27/18 2:13 p.m.

Hey all, finally got back around to working on this again. Dropped the tank last night to troubleshoot the fuel tank leak. Turns out one of the PO's installed the fuel pump locking ring wrong. They missed one of the tabs that comes off the fuel tank, and the bottom of the top plate of the pump assembly was just sitting on top of it.. Hence fuel puking out of that opening... Put a new seal on the fuel pump and fixed the locking ring, and all is sealed now! 

Also had a minor front end clunk, turns out the sway bar end links werent tightened all the way down. Tightened them up, and all is well. Time to hit up an autox and/or track day and give the ol' girl a proper thrashing before I sell it at the end of the summer. Price will be 5k for GRM'ers when I post it up, so if you are interested hit me up and we can start talking. 

KonaBoss
KonaBoss New Reader
8/23/18 7:24 a.m.

Car is officially up for sale!

Robbie
Robbie PowerDork
8/23/18 10:18 p.m.

Dang already for sale? Why are you selling?

KonaBoss
KonaBoss New Reader
8/24/18 1:00 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Priorities changed a bit. Don't really have space for a dedicated track car anymore

2 3 4
Our Preferred Partners
Z2r59knSnNknzx698tOTKhak9I6lM7WqiMKecWODAk60ywMCi4Mc9efYMXMN1nyc