1 2 3 4
bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/1/19 2:50 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair :

Lol it came that way, but yeah that was sorta one of the reasons.  Thanks!

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/4/19 7:18 a.m.

Picked up some headers. 

Going to be swapping the wheels to these possibly.  Talking to a gentleman.  

Staggered Jegs 15x4 and 15x8.  Always loved that look. 

EGR block off.  Not what I wanted to do but sorta ended up there as the po deleted the pipe and the new headers are FOX body style without EGR.  

Overall the car is waiting on parts from paint so I can bolt it back up.  Can't bolt the header panel in till I get the fenders and can't bolt the headlights in till that's secured and so in.

Life took a turn which has eaten up some cash.  Son left the faucet on upstairs and flooded out several rooms.  I came home to a mess.  Bout 13k to fix it all.  After this we are moving cause this house is cursed.  

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/4/19 7:44 a.m.

Holy crapballs! $13k? Does homeowners insuranace not cover children related repairs? 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/4/19 10:28 a.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

They did but after all that we need out of pocket and the deductible it's tight.  Modding a car that's in the garage is still happening just not so important atm ........smh.  Updates coming soon!

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/4/19 10:31 a.m.

Sample. Now the flooring is all gone except the tiles.  We're waking on a concrete foundation and two of rhe three baths (both with showers) are gutted. Kitchen is destroyed with crap all over the place.

EDIT - Getting cabinets now........smh

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/10/19 10:38 a.m.

Also am installing the headers. Only issue so far is the bolts I need to replace. I could fight the ones I have but figure I'll upgrade to some grade 8 cal bolts so I can actually tighten them. Also having a hard time gettin bolts in the rear two cylinders. Idk why. 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/18/19 6:59 a.m.

Got her all running. 

Got her running.

ebonyandivory
ebonyandivory PowerDork
11/18/19 8:40 a.m.
bonylad said:

Also having a hard time gettin bolts in the rear two cylinders. Idk why. 

... because they're the rear two cylinders. The rest are too easily accessible to give you trouble. Murphy's Law and all that.

Love the car and what you've done with it.

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/18/19 11:06 a.m.

In reply to ebonyandivory :

Thank you.  As it turned out the build quality of MAC headers wasn't the best and made the front two holes slightly bigger to allow movement to fit.  Works great.  Also since the wires were so close to the headers, I put these on.  

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/24/19 9:24 a.m.

Wasn't too happy with the steering wheel. As cruise had been deleted I removed the buttons but it looked like crap. So. Scored this. 13 inch grant with adapter for 60 bucks! 

Also my h pipe came in. Not sure what I'm gonna do with that smog connection. But. Either way. 

After all that. I figured why keep the steering wheel in the car?  Pulled it out. Along with the front wheel speed sensors as this car doesn't have ABS anymore. Pile of crap. 

Goal for the car still is a fun cruiser. I want to at least keel up with modern traffic lol. I always loved the look of skinnies in the front. So it may look the look but for now it's just that. Going with a quiet but authoritative exhaust. 

More to come. 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/27/19 1:18 p.m.

Had the air pipe pinched off and the o2 bungs brazed for a better fit. Apparently summit decided to use riv nut o2 bungs. Seemed fine but got them brazed in. 

We then ran a thread chaser through to make sure it was good. 

So got them home and wrapped the pipes.   Bought to take a shower cause fiberglass whatever despite taking measures is eating me up. 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
11/30/19 12:31 p.m.

Installed. 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
12/10/19 10:11 a.m.

So I pulled the headers off. Stuck collector stud. Poor fitment and horrid quality. Slapped stock ones back on. Fits so much better and finally slapped the Summit H pipe on. Fully wrapped for no real reason other than I think it looks cool. Here's a vid. Please note she's running rough due to no oxygen sensors and just firing it off after reconnecting the battery. 

https://youtu.be/DB_7RVjDEs0

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
12/10/19 10:19 a.m.

Grant wheel looks pretty good there. 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
12/10/19 10:38 a.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Why thank you!  Found the wheel and adapter for 60  which is less than the wheel or adaptor go for each.  That block off plate really ties it together imo  

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
12/27/19 6:18 p.m.

Fenders are back. Got them on and all adjusted. Found a guy with SVT wheels. Idk. May trade him. Thoughts?

Also pulled the trunk as I'm gonna shave it the spoiler holes and ford badge. Past that I have am exhaust lined up. Gonna paint it black and wrap the tips in heat wrap for that rod look. Bassani side exit.  

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
12/29/19 6:08 a.m.

Took the rear bumper off to remove some tabs. Took the time to repaint the trunk gutters and the back. No rust or damage but a sprucing up.  

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
1/1/20 3:10 p.m.

Met the gentleman.  Nice guy. I asked if he may have any GT40 stuff. He's not sure but hope so. Either way. Picked up the exhaust. Not a true Bassani but for the deal he gave me I am certainly not complaining. Started painting and wrapping it. Ate up with fiberglass and people are coming over. Maybe I can finally get that TV hung........mmmmm?

Ordered different headlights as I didn't like the one piece. As soon as they come in I will fit the bumper and she should be good to drive. Stay tuned!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
1/3/20 12:18 a.m.

I have iron GT40 3 bar heads, a set of Alex's valve springs, 1.7 crane rockers and two cans I need out of my garage.  They are GRM sourced and will be priced accordingly.  One cam is the E cam and the other is a Jeg's cooy of the TFS stage 1.  

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
1/3/20 12:18 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

And I have the Ford Racing aluminum DS too.

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
1/3/20 7:12 a.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

More information on this? email me please if possible. cdixon@parkergm.com

Thanks!

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
1/3/20 8:42 a.m.

In reply to bonylad :

Will do later on today.  

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
1/3/20 5:36 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS :

Thanks. Or text 252-342-3562. 

AnthonyGS
AnthonyGS Dork
1/3/20 8:29 p.m.

In reply to bonylad :

watch for my g mail.  I included my number too.

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
1/4/20 8:52 a.m.

In typical GRM fashion, Anthony did as he said. The prices he offered are very good and much appreciated. Problem is on my end. I hadnt planned on buying anything like that and if I did so, I dont feel the wife would appreciate it.  So I saved his information and will regroup later on.  Thanks Anthony for following up and doing what you did. Much appreicated and hope to deal with you soon!

Update later today: Finally installing the exhaust. Its all done.  Also some pics of the BBK UD pullies installed with the correct belt!  I will try to post up a sound clip!

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MGzgCq8z6Z11qrDKKGQR5vfXRUrCrfImJM1nVUxBCMKHlrQaYiulfP0IDpZHLpaQ