Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
9/18/16 6:02 p.m.
ShawneeCreek wrote:

this goves me a funny feeling. like when I used to climb the rope in gym class.

java230
java230 Dork
9/18/16 8:36 p.m.

yes.....

klb67
klb67 Reader
9/18/16 9:09 p.m.

You need to line the bottom of the bumpers and side trim with whatever metal they use to make low riders throw showers of sparks and light up the auto x course.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/18/16 9:35 p.m.
klb67 wrote: You need to line the bottom of the bumpers and side trim with whatever metal they use to make low riders throw showers of sparks and light up the auto x course.

Titanium scraper blocks!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek Reader
9/19/16 4:18 p.m.

Alright, I've finally got time to do a real update. Mid-last week work scheduled a business trip before the Challenge. I was already pressed for time to finish and this trip was going to take away half of it. And there was no moving the trip. So the bat signal was lit and the call went out to my family for help. My dad and my father in law came over this past weekend to work on the van and Mrs ShawneeCreek did an amazing job making some wonderful food for us all weekend. We knocked item after item off of the to-do list. The front fenders were timed and mounted (front bumper still needed trimmed here)

The headlights and turn signals were wired and mounted. The hood and front bumpers were mounted and adjusted.

Fill panels were made and tacked into the rear to join the van and car.

The interior started going back in. We made the new "airbag" and fixed the dashboard where the passenger airbag was.

Many, many more things were accomplished. I can't thank my family enough for their help. There are just a few small things left to finish before loading it on the trailer and heading to Florida. Until next time.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla UltimaDork
9/19/16 4:23 p.m.

Dude.

Nothing else needs to be said at this point. Dude.

ssswitch
ssswitch Dork
9/19/16 4:50 p.m.

That thing looks super fresh. I can't believe how this has come together.

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/19/16 5:06 p.m.

Ok. You win. Game over.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/19/16 5:29 p.m.

I so want this van. I would be killed though.

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
9/19/16 6:24 p.m.

Can't wait to see this thing / compete against you . Great job!

vwcorvette
vwcorvette SuperDork
9/19/16 8:22 p.m.

Since I won't be there I want you to win. I like my van and where it's going, but yours, well DAY UM!!!!!

mndsm
mndsm MegaDork
9/19/16 8:50 p.m.
patgizz wrote: I so want this van. I would be killed though.

I somehow don't believe this van will be the worst thing you've ever done automotive wise to swmbo. Might cost you a dooney and bourke, but I imagine you could own it.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/19/16 9:37 p.m.
mndsm wrote:
patgizz wrote: I so want this van. I would be killed though.
I somehow don't believe this van will be the worst thing you've ever done automotive wise to swmbo. Might cost you a dooney and bourke, but I imagine you could own it.

come to the challenge and plead your case, she'll be there.

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
9/19/16 9:49 p.m.

Not driving it to FL? The guys can just follow with the trailer...just in case.

thestig99
thestig99 HalfDork
9/20/16 8:56 p.m.

Holy

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage Reader
9/20/16 10:06 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
BlueInGreen44 wrote: I'll admit I was trolling craigslist for Lumina vans today... I'm sure this thread had something to do with that. This project sure has been fun to watch!
theres a $500 90 APV on cleveland CL right now, 3.1 TBI iron head 3 speed auto fury machine.

Here's a fun piece of trivia. The 3.1 TBi computer and wiring harness will also fit on and run the Caddy 4.9 TBi. As a happy coincidence the transmission bolt pattern is also the same...

Acme Lab Rat
Acme Lab Rat Reader
9/21/16 10:37 a.m.

Finally got caught up on this, amazing work, man.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek Reader
9/24/16 11:52 a.m.

Hit the road this morning. See you all in Gainesville. 

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
9/24/16 12:01 p.m.

this morning? sheesh. see you thursday

pres589
pres589 UberDork
9/24/16 12:08 p.m.

The van looks mean just sitting on the trailer.

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek Reader
9/24/16 12:16 p.m.
patgizz said: this morning? sheesh. see you thursday

We're combining the trip to the challenge with a little sightseeing and visiting family, hence the early start. And definitely see you Thursday for the ghettocet build. Plus we have to detail the van.

Robbie
Robbie UltraDork
9/24/16 3:37 p.m.

my jaw is on the floor. Cheers to you!

I'm really gonna have to up my game...

NOHOME
NOHOME PowerDork
9/24/16 5:33 p.m.

Wait,...!! We never saw it move on its own!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek Reader
9/25/16 6:51 a.m.

True, you didn't see it move. Rest assured, it successfully made it up this incredibly long, shallow ramp setup onto the trailer under it's own power.

It was definitely a tight squeeze though. The van is maybe ¾" narrower than the width of the space on the trailer. Until next time.

petegossett
petegossett UltimaDork
9/25/16 8:50 a.m.

In reply to ShawneeCreek:

Did you have to climb out the rear hatch after it was loaded?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wQFwSWhVpmFXvXjzaFkF8pDnm7TN9slmk5wc1LkR3MtsOOHzuLZZwau1zp3Vpf5l