1 2 3
mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
3/16/18 11:41 a.m.

barefootskater
barefootskater Reader
3/16/18 11:49 a.m.

Is this a new project? Camping themed Subaru?

Ian F
Ian F MegaDork
3/16/18 11:57 a.m.

These days it's a millennial thing to do.

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/16/18 12:10 p.m.

The forestry forrester!!!!

Papabishop
Papabishop New Reader
3/16/18 12:22 p.m.

The Fozzy!! 

tuna55
tuna55 MegaDork
3/16/18 1:01 p.m.

Are you kicking your daughter out of the house?

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
3/16/18 1:22 p.m.

in for updates... good to know the dog has a new mobile house cheeky

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/18 1:30 p.m.
tuna55 said:

Giving your teenage daughter a car that fits a mattress in the back seems like a colossaly bad idea. 

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 MegaDork
3/16/18 1:59 p.m.

Didn't you join team bad idea?

Regardless, that would be a be a monumentally bad idea.

SaltyDog
SaltyDog Reader
3/16/18 2:05 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:
tuna55 said:

Giving your teenage daughter a car that fits a mattress in the back seems like a colossaly bad idea. 

That's EXACTLY what I told my son and daughter in law when they bought my granddaughter a Ford Edge or Escape or whatever it is.

I'm way too young to be a Great Grandpa! Hell, I'm too young to be a Grandpa! At least in  my mind. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau Dork
3/16/18 3:04 p.m.

Thought you were getting rid of wagons!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/16/18 3:21 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Well, he could buy 133 $451 foresters for the price he had the V listed for, so I support this decision 

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/18 3:26 p.m.

Mrs. Deuce fully supported me buying the V wagon. She mostly supported me buying the R63. She looked at me a little funny over Fergus, but she flat told me buying this was dumb. She also said to go buy it if it was going to make me happy. 

Will it make me happy? I'm not sure. I know that Deucekid#2 is interested enough that he said he'll get up at 5:30 on spring break to come get it with me and that makes me happy. I know it's the best base I've had to build a Challenge car in a while and attending the Challenge made me happy. I know I was happy when bombing about in slammo's Subaru on the Gambler 500. I know that manual wagons make me happy and I was dangerously close to being without one, this will be my fourth. 

I guess we'll have to see how this one plays out. Heading off to grab a trailer from U-haul. 

Crackers
Crackers Dork
3/16/18 3:50 p.m.
Patrick said:
maschinenbau said:

Well, he could buy 133 $451 foresters for the price he had the V listed for, so I support this decision 

So he should be good on challenge cars until 2151?

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
3/16/18 4:39 p.m.

cough.... cough....

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/18 4:52 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I'm pretty sure a 277k mile flat four doesn't need any help trying to die. Not yet anyway. 

Papabishop
Papabishop New Reader
3/16/18 4:58 p.m.

I know it's easy for me to say.. but it is very much solid car for the money. Yes has many dings, scratches and dents, but it is just part of its story so far. I've longed fought getting rid of this car, but have realized it's time for someone else to enjoy this before my lazy butt just lets it turn to scrap. And how hard is it to deny a kid happiness!! Plus a Dueceling! And now the car will move on to begin its new journey, and who not better telling the story of its future transition. Going out to start it up and move it out on street to be ready to go in AM. As many cars I've sold, that feeling seeing car drive away is always something... 

Papabishop
Papabishop New Reader
3/16/18 4:59 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

If it helps I was wrong on mileage, it has 272xxx miles!

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
3/16/18 7:32 p.m.
mazdeuce - Seth said:

In reply to sleepyhead :

I'm pretty sure a 277k mile flat four doesn't need any help trying to die. Not yet anyway. 

with a lift and an engine hoist... zero timing it should be the work of a momen... er, week.

Papabishop
Papabishop New Reader
3/16/18 7:33 p.m.

Well went to start car 

Well crap.

Quick grm fix! And berk battery is caput. 

And 10 mins later... Berkeley nothing ,  don't forget to bring battery with you Seth. And finally stole battery from other car and now we have 

And on the street waiting for its new owner! 

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/18 8:22 p.m.

Yes! Bargaining chips just came out of the oven! Be prepared to haggle! 

Papabishop
Papabishop New Reader
3/16/18 8:30 p.m.

In reply to mazdeuce - Seth :

Caution I'll fight back with coffee!

Crackers
Crackers Dork
3/16/18 8:35 p.m.

So what's your present count for unexpected motor removals in the last year? 

mazdeuce - Seth
3/16/18 8:40 p.m.

In reply to Crackers :

Three. R63, Ferdinand, and the Miata. I feel like you're trying to say something...........

NGTD
NGTD UberDork
3/16/18 9:09 p.m.

98 will be the DOHC Ej25D. I had one in an Outback that had 412k kms on it when I sold it. As long s the HG`s were done right, they can last a long time.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hxu8DVjOoErUM5AfhOnrPxKfRNY8XSPrV55DFR9S1U6SEdiHTVtVQxH2UOwb4ieK