1 2 3
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
1/26/22 2:30 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

It will get horrible mileage in comparison but you will have fun driving it.  IMO, Imprezas are grandma cars until you start pushing them hard, then they become fun.  Push one hard on dirt, and it becomes it's own special thing.  

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/26/22 7:51 a.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress :

The WrX would be a better mountain cruiser than the prius hands down.  With a roof rack and in wagon form it should handle the home depot trips.

The car is on shake down to figure it out. It starts consistently and is fun to drive..

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/26/22 7:56 a.m.

Kiddo took the WrX to a get together last night. She may have found a free replacement front drivers seat. The original one has a burn hole in it.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
1/26/22 8:05 a.m.

Drivers front is inconsistently noisy.  Sounds like somethings loose. 

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/5/22 10:25 p.m.

Fixed the windshield banner today. 

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/5/22 10:35 p.m.

Did some youtube research on headlight restoration.  Project Farms testing put the Sylvia kit on top. I was surprised they turned out so well.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/5/22 10:51 p.m.

I usually wet sand and buff. This kit had 2000 grit as the finish sandpaper and buffing compound.  The difference was the last step uv sealant. It was amazing.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/5/22 11:08 p.m.

Same headlight before and after. My daughter did the lights while I worked in the trunk on the fuel sending units. Apparently rodents like chewing wires..

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
2/5/22 11:12 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

I used that one on my RS, results are in my build thread.  It made a huge difference.  I did it for a night rallycross.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/5/22 11:29 p.m.

The Wrx is off to Caffeine and Octane tomorrow in Dunwoody Georgia.  The headlights needed 5 hours to cure properly. Anthony I will check your build.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/5/22 11:55 p.m.

Wheel lock lug nuts are stuck on the car. I had the six spline tool slip while trying to remove the nuts. I managed to remove two and put on new nuts. I always put some motor oil on the threads during installation.  I hit all of them with wd40 to help removal. 

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
2/6/22 9:36 a.m.

Man those headlights turned out fantastic!

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
2/6/22 10:12 a.m.

Those literally look new. I need to try that kit. My go-to has always been the 3m one, but it doesn't have a sealant included.

I think the GT Wreck Racing kids went to C&O today too. I need to drag the Rice Rod to more shows this year. Let me know next time you're up here for one, and we can get more GRMers together.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/6/22 1:22 p.m.

Can do on the C&O. 

Next fun is to get the wheels off. I'm going to drill each lug nut, and spray pb blaster in them. After a good soaking. I'll hit them with a torch for heat and spray them with oil and wait days. When I try to take them off I will heat the lugs, freeze the spline tool to close the tolerations. If that does't work, time to break out the welder. Fun

Any other ideas on how to remove these lug nuts??. Here are pictures of the type of tool and lug nut:

maj75 (Forum Supporter)
maj75 (Forum Supporter) Dork
2/6/22 5:16 p.m.

Weld a steel lug nut on the end?

smokeysevin
smokeysevin New Reader
2/6/22 5:32 p.m.

Be careful on those lugs, the tip section is is REALLY thin, I have twisted the splined  upper section off before which makes the lower section almost impossible to remove.

Sean

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
2/6/22 10:18 p.m.

I will be careful,  welding nuts on is before I use the cutting torch....Wrx is now in a different strip retail space. I'm probably getting to use a production space with a cyclorama or infinity wall to photograph in. Could be cool!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/7/22 9:51 a.m.

I hate locking lug bolts/nuts.  They're the first thing I remove and throw in the trash.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/7/22 5:45 p.m.

In reply to docwyte :

They're not locking, they're spline drive ones for wheels with little holes.  I hate them almost as much as locking ones though, but put up with them when needed.  

bonylad
bonylad HalfDork
2/8/22 8:46 a.m.

Subie bro!

docwyte
docwyte PowerDork
2/8/22 9:17 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

To me they're the same.  Anything that doesn't use a normal socket is some type of "locking" lug nut/bolt.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/16/22 11:21 p.m.

Went cruising in between  the rains after work. I got some holes drilled in lug nuts and wd40 to start the soak.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/18/22 11:04 a.m.

Sold the Bmw that is pictured with the Wrx.. Replacing it with this:

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/18/22 12:55 p.m.

Rad

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/18/22 8:12 p.m.

130km on the odometer,  made the trip from Greenville SC no problems, so far...

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4FbSr4t2g4qaZcLA6hawhFrALaEOvskCgwIhqYv8gIz8T63HoT9lymzcgcuMSQql