1 2 3
clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
3/18/22 8:16 p.m.

Now onto operation remove wheels on the Wrx...

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/18/22 1:04 p.m.

Operation broken nuts worked. For weeks I have been hitting the lug nuts with wd-40. Heated them up with a propane torch once. The ones that slipped in the tool came off this time. Small victory... I can put on newer tires, and rear brake rotors (14$ for pair) now.

The car is driven weekly and has a nice dry spot inside.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/18/22 1:12 p.m.
Patrick said:

Happy it's getting some love, will be sending out the receipt folder next time i mail something 

Did you ever get that receipt folder bundled up? Its nice to have a history on the car. I can paypal you the postage. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
4/18/22 3:54 p.m.

Yep i found it again yesterday.  I'm sending something out this week so i'll pack it up also, have your address 

AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter)
AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/19/22 7:59 p.m.

In reply to clownkiller :

Awesome!  Love seeing this one getting better.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/20/22 11:01 p.m.

Old tires went onto extra Outback wheels. New tires went on Motegi wheels. Ride is much smoother with new tires.

The Outback wheels make the car look like an Impala.  They will end up gold.

Motegi wheels are on now and look proper.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/22/22 4:53 p.m.

Is a 2006 Impreza and the 2002 WRX the exact same rear subframe, control arms, brakes?  02-07 have common parts, just not sure how much.

2006 pullapart car

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/22/22 6:06 p.m.

Pullapart Impreza was clean. SC car in Georgia, motor was in the trunk. Heads looked good, motor was disassembled.  Here is a picture of one of the heads....

4/22/22 9:06 p.m.

They are compatible, but the 06-07 cars actually have better brakes.  I know the STIs for 05-07 have 5x114 wheel spacing too and the 02-04 WRXs and 04 STI is 5x100.  You might need to check that as well.  I think the WRXs stayed 5x100 until 2008, but I'm not positive on that. 

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/22/22 10:00 p.m.

I was looking to do an assembly replacement when I put in the rear coilovers on. The backing plates on the brakes are shot. The lower locating arm is suspicious and looks like the best plan is to replace everything bolted on including the hub. The 06 Impreza, not a wrx,  looks in good shape. I was amazed by how clean the heads are..

4/23/22 5:38 p.m.

Do it.  You will want to keep your WRX diff though.  

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/23/22 5:47 p.m.

In reply to AnthonyGS (Forum Supporter) :

Posi, matched gearing. Ok

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
4/24/22 4:08 p.m.

Ended up at 130$ all in. They called it a fwd rear assembly complete. I took the r160 out. Included was every bracket that is bolted on underneath. Also included a U frame for the front. I cleaned and painted it already...

4/25/22 12:19 a.m.

Nice work!  

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/7/23 11:58 p.m.

Still have the WRX in rotation. I got the ss exhaust put on. I also replaced the clutch.  

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/8/23 12:06 a.m.

Kiddo took some mountain road pictures the other night.

clownkiller
clownkiller Dork
10/8/23 4:33 p.m.

Did the cracked mirror.  Paid 20$ for the whole mirror. I found I could buy it for 22$ for just the glass from the dealer. Glue mastic has no chance against a heat gun!

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
E5YbNHK1MMx02l18MMqddzNe5od8JN5uGOzsJQ22ofYtlmwKnRWGR4PFogXhqZ9g