MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
9/30/22 5:40 p.m.

Hello! I just bought a WRX at 14! It needs shifter bushings, motor mounts, and exhaust work.

yupididit
yupididit PowerDork
9/30/22 5:50 p.m.

Congrats! You have some very cool parents! 

Are those LED "fog lights" on the front bumper? 

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
9/30/22 6:56 p.m.

In reply to yupididit :

Yea, also the interior dome and reading lights are leds

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy MegaDork
9/30/22 7:48 p.m.

My friend tried to talk his dad into letting him buy an old Chevrolet truck to fix up at 14 YO to have a decent truck at age 16.  He even had a job to pay his way.  

His dad knew temptation to drive it as an unlicensed driver would be strong and he shot it down.   

This was back in 1977 - his dad was probably right.  

Good luck with your build - No late night test drives.

Lil_Stampie
Lil_Stampie New Reader
10/1/22 2:34 a.m.

i always loved the 90s and early 2000s wrx wagons

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) SuperDork
10/1/22 7:55 a.m.

Good start.

Polish those headlights and make it reliable.

While this forum is the best on the internet, NASIOC is probably the best for your specific needs.

Please don't go for Bro speed yet, just make it a decent car.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
11/29/22 10:53 a.m.

I don't know if I mentioned it yet, but my dad has a red 06' Limited wagon 5MT. It blew a head gasket! 114K Mi, rusty.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltimaDork
11/29/22 10:55 a.m.

Pull the interior out of the back and check the rear strut towers- they like to rust out on those.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
3/17/23 12:42 p.m.

Haven't done much with the car lately as I've been at school, But I did install a stereo. Still plan to keep the car for a number of years, because It's a great car! One more problem that showed up is the speedometer and odometer don't work.

automotiveflux
automotiveflux New Reader
3/17/23 3:33 p.m.

Very nice! I had one of these wagons as my first car also! Although it was a 2003 bugeye non-wrx.

MrStickShift
MrStickShift Reader
4/5/23 2:29 p.m.

I'm in the process of teaching someone how to drive stick on it! It's actually a great car to do it on, and you can hear it easily. The clutch is a little hard though. The list of things it needs are tires, the speedometer and odometer don't work, and the misfire, and an exhaust. It's gonna be my "First" Car!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Zn0DCo5Z4JvVSZofmDjJf8Rl5ElKGi2INlNCz1HTf0nUnXv99plODYzvKWTucqye