1 2 3
BLRB
BLRB New Reader
8/12/19 6:42 a.m.

Cool,  glad to see more of these floating around here.  That's a bummer about cyl #5.  It's the first thing I checked when I got it home.

It will be primarily for DD duty since I do a lot of road trips.  I'm looking for something more track friendly for my 2nd car which will consume most of the fun parts budget.

Vigo
Vigo MegaDork
8/13/19 1:17 p.m.

I really love that you are keeping up with all the little unexciting needs that keep a car nice. Little things that never bothered me when i was younger bother me now and i do all sorts of goofy stuff that i feel like most car enthusiasts wouldn't appreciate just dealing with little peeves around the car. They're not 'upgrades' per se but when they upgrade how you feel about the car, they're upgrades damnit!

Fueled by Caffeine
Fueled by Caffeine MegaDork
8/15/19 12:27 p.m.

I don't love my daily..  This would be a good subsitute...  

BLRB
BLRB New Reader
12/9/19 7:06 a.m.

More regular maintenance after another 5K miles.

• Oil Change:  Didn't burn/lose any oil over 5K OCI
  • Rotate Tires
  • Check torque on spark plugs:  #4 and #6 loosened a bit.  Usually #5 is the culprit
  • Had some random metal bits between the pad and rotor on the front passenger side that gouged the rotor.  Cleaned that off.
  • It looks like the RMS is starting to weep.  Found a little bit of oil under the inspection cover, but nothing noticeable off the dipstick.  I'll replace it if I ever have to do the clutch.
BLRB
BLRB New Reader
7/1/20 11:19 a.m.

I've put 16,000 uneventful miles on this car and it's still running well.  Lot's of highway or country road miles.

Maintenance lately is fixing more oil leaks.  I just changed the oil after an OCI of 3,500 miles and the weeping RMS does not seem to impact the dipstick reading between oil changes.

I found some oil around the PCV valve.  The PCV valve was still good, so I replaced the o-rings.

Also, it looked like there was a leak on the front valve cover gaskets.  I replaced the gaskets when I first got the car with cheap aftermarket ones.  I used Honda OEM this time.

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
sFbHVCbzH2bK6KOtDQ70fcHDr210nabXtaqlsENUekiNXbWXsom3TBMQzPotBoKF