6 7 8 9 10
Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
9/22/11 2:16 p.m.

It may or may not get more graphics. Keep in mind that for the $20xx challenge, there's no shortage of required stickers, and we don't have much real estate to deal with. Heck, I had to trim the number plates down to size on the Fiero just to get them to fit the door and the N600 is way smaller. I really like the white, so we may leave it as is. Either way, we don't need to make that decision for a couple of weeks when we sticker it up in Florida.

Bryce

imirk
imirk Reader
9/22/11 2:30 p.m.
Nashco wrote: There's still more to do when it gets to Florida, but that's it for now! Bryce

HOT. DAMN.

I think I am in lust. oh the dirty things I would do to you.

Great job guys, you started with a vision and executed brilliantly. All the luck in the world down in FL.

SnowMongoose
SnowMongoose New Reader
9/22/11 4:55 p.m.

Jesus, not only is it rad, but it makes my starlet look small. Brilliant!

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury SuperDork
9/23/11 12:21 p.m.

spydrb8
spydrb8 New Reader
9/23/11 1:03 p.m.

I would flog this soo hard, and speaking of... Do you think traction rolling will be an issue with such a narrow trackwidth?

Outstanding work though, I love seeing a project come together.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/4/11 2:59 p.m.

In theory, the N600 will be off the car hauler and back in GRM-friendly hands tomorrow afternoon. It can't come a moment too soon!!! Tucker (dyintorace) has been a huuuuuuuge help trying to smooth out the debacle that this carhauler business has become, huge kudos to him. Everybody keep your fingers crossed and hope that it arrives safe and sound!

Bryce

oldtin
oldtin Dork
10/4/11 3:13 p.m.

Another awe inspiring build - congrats so far!

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
10/4/11 3:13 p.m.
Nashco wrote: In theory, the N600 will be off the car hauler and back in GRM-friendly hands tomorrow afternoon. It can't come a moment too soon!!!

This is very good to hear. I can't wait to see it!

Nashco wrote: Tucker (dyintorace) has been a huuuuuuuge help trying to smooth out the debacle that this carhauler business has become, huge kudos to him.

He is an awfully nice guy, isn't he?

dyintorace
dyintorace SuperDork
10/4/11 7:36 p.m.

Honored (truly) to help. And I promise to keep the hooning to a minimum!

admc58
admc58 Reader
10/4/11 7:58 p.m.

Don't know if you are planning on using a "Pro Driver" but I would love to take a couple of laps in this. It looks like a blast to drive and just about as beautiful as a car could be.

Alan

Sonic
Sonic Dork
10/4/11 8:48 p.m.

Let Alan drive the car. In two of my trips to the challenge, he has ripped some unbelievable runs in the cars I was there with, faster than we could do.

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/4/11 9:38 p.m.

Alan, be careful what you wish for! It could do good at the drags though...

turboswede
turboswede SuperDork
10/4/11 10:11 p.m.
fastclown wrote: Alan, be careful what you wish for! It could do good at the drags though...

Shouldn't you be waxing Uranus or something?

SVreX
SVreX SuperDork
10/4/11 10:14 p.m.

Alan is a great driver. I hear he is bringing an empty trailer to the Challenge, so his motives might be suspect.

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/5/11 8:02 a.m.

Waxing? That's old school.... We just finished the Uranus Air Damn N600. It's designed to keep little cars from getting stuck under/inside Uranus.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/5/11 10:19 a.m.
admc58 wrote: Don't know if you are planning on using a "Pro Driver" but I would love to take a couple of laps in this. It looks like a blast to drive and just about as beautiful as a car could be. Alan

Alan,

We definitely plan on using a "pro" for the autocross and we'd be happy to have you! Matter of fact, I haven't even done a proper alignment on it yet; if you are staying at the host hotel and have a few minutes tomorrow (Thursday) night, maybe you can take it for a test drive and give us some feedback on how you think it ought to be adjusted. We're a little out of our league when it comes to rapid suspension tuning on a handbuilt monster!

Bryce

fastclown
fastclown Reader
10/5/11 10:24 a.m.

Like I said..... he he he....

red5_02
red5_02 Reader
10/5/11 12:59 p.m.

Every time I see a build where someone puts a FWD drivetrain in the back of something I have the same question. How'd you fab up the shift linkage?

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
10/5/11 1:14 p.m.

Good question...our solution is simple in concept, but was difficult in reality due to packaging constraints. Between the shifter assembly (stock Civic) and the universal joint at the trans (stock Civic) it's just a piece of tube (stock civic x 2), same as the Civic uses. In order to connect the two points, we had to get pretty crafty. The rod basically looks like a candy cane...there's a 180° bend immediately behind the transmission that loops the shift rod underneath the engine and forward towards the shifter assembly under the floor. That's the tricky part, as the packaging didn't allow a straight shot, so we have a few slight bends in the shift rod as it routes under the engine, past the engine cradle, under the floorpan, between the cooling tubes, and finally to the shifter assembly.

On the stock Civic, there's a shift rod and a support bracket that allows the shifter to mount solidly to the tranmission and be isolated from the vehicle. Since our powertrain is all solid mounted, there is no longer a need for the support.

A picture would really help here, but unfortunately I can't seem to find a picture of it right now.

Bryce

red5_02
red5_02 Reader
10/5/11 1:43 p.m.

In reply to Nashco:

Being that I've spent a considerable about of time under a D16Z6 I understand your explanation pretty clearly. In fact I would have done it in the same manner you did. My biggest hangup was the support rod but you engineered that out the equation. Thanks for making me feel smart for the day!

ArthurDent
ArthurDent Reader
10/5/11 2:23 p.m.

What a fantastic build. Looks amazing never mind the budget constraints. Best of luck at the Challenge.

red5_02
red5_02 Reader
10/5/11 2:49 p.m.

This would be a great livery...

jpnovak
jpnovak New Reader
10/7/11 8:20 p.m.

Bryce's car is incredible. It placed high in the conourse.

It also goes quick around the AX course. With Permission here is the footage I grabbed on my VholdR camera stuck to the side.

I am highly impressed with this build.

Vigo
Vigo Dork
10/7/11 10:47 p.m.

cant see vid.. plz try again.

jesssutton
jesssutton New Reader
10/7/11 11:31 p.m.

You say they placed high, do you know how high? Place?

6 7 8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
fMBd6Ly64s3ulWzxdbXIofDAMGt9rAtSAtKMM4Mzoaw23GBbvQRzbx30wxcChN0k