5 6 7 8 9
bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
8/10/21 7:57 a.m.

In reply to sleepyhead the buffalo :

Happended only when fully loaded on the suspension and a light lift to tranistion weight to the front wheels to make it over the crest. sitting in the parking lot at Arbys I could fit 3 fingers under it loaded with tires/tools/cooler and junk

spacecadet (Forum Supporter)
spacecadet (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
8/13/21 8:22 p.m.

These ones from False grid before the wet session all came from me..

the one through T7 up the hill is from ethan layton

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/17/21 3:45 p.m.

I just want to say I still love this little turd.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/18/21 7:43 p.m.

Oh I am trying some new LED bulbs for the projector low beams. They got little fans in them. I guess they make a lot of heat? $40 for a pair worth trying. The stock h11b bulbs are terrible

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
9/18/21 7:58 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

Duct the air from them into the intake for "twin electric turbos"?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/20/21 1:30 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

Oh hell no.  I just reinstalled the intake to get IAT's under control. These things make heat and I don't want any more of that

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
9/25/21 10:45 p.m.

Today was productive. Oil changed, brakes flushed (again). Checked over suspension, stole the led bulbs to put in the wife's car. Wait... why is she getting all My good parts? Anyway car is ready for Road America in 2 weeks. 

tried polishing the headlights but there's so many little scratches or mini fractures I dunno. They are smooth in the outside at least. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/7/21 7:23 a.m.

Prepped for Road America last night. cranked the shocks up, checked suspension bolts/brakes and checked alignment. Driving on crappy Indiana roads is a little unpleasant. 

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/7/21 7:35 a.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

The roads wont get any better through Chicago and on to Wisc.  Do you drive the Rio to the track or trailer the Rio?

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/7/21 7:39 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

this weekend its getting trailered because the wife is coming and we are bringing the 65lb puppy. So we needed chairs, canopy, crate, food, water clothes tires etc and that little hatch ain't big enough. I normally drive it and shocks turned down are actually comfortable for 90 of it. Frost heaves still suck but they sucked on the stock suspension so.... 

Fronts adjust quickly and fairly painlessly. Rears are a bi of a pita. Either pull the tire and reach in or crawl under it. Either way you are jacking it up.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/8/21 7:16 a.m.

first time it's ever been on a trailer. I'm about 8 hours we will be Wisconsin bound. I'm gunning for sone jag v12 lap times n

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/10/21 10:06 a.m.

Road America is fun and beautiful. Not DFL so I'm happy. Dropped 4 seconds on the second session. 3.10 hitting a top speed at just shy of 107. Wet the carousel is hilarious 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/10/21 10:07 a.m.

wife is ok pup is having a ball. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/13/21 7:32 a.m.

Coming hone last night I finally got to see my new lights in action. I had put in new LED yellow fog lights to replace the old crusty yellow tinted bulbs sone PO had use, replaced the projector low beams with led and the yellow tinted high beams for standard bulbs. One Lap gets dark playing in the area of the field we do. 

Results: 

just fog/parking lights:

low beam/fog (fog are wired to be on at all times any light is on):

and all 3 on high:

the fogs are really low and don't reach out far but cut through the fog this morning well. The lows had a fairly harsh projector cutoff. I may raise them just a hair. The highs really reach out and add light everywhere. 

so far seems to be a good $100 investment. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/18/21 12:56 p.m.

Couple new photos from road America. 

CarKid1989
CarKid1989 SuperDork
10/19/21 4:05 a.m.

What yellow fog light bulbs are you using)

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/19/21 7:26 a.m.

The original were some cheapo tinted halogens a PO put in. They were dim. THESE are what I replaced them with. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/1/21 7:31 a.m.

Long weekend that went by too fast. Ordered a bunch of things for next year and to swap back to stock suspension for winter. New wheels, maintenance parts, rear bar, torsion mount bushings and an axle back. Nice people at Evilla Motorsports that took the time to answer questions on a Sunday. They earned a spot on the car for a couple stickers for sure. 

SPOON STYLE WHEELS 15X7.5, FOR CIVIC, INTEGRA MIATA SCION XB  4X100 WHITE

sounds of the new axle back

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/21 7:03 a.m.

Ignore the filh and grime. no car washes beween home and rossville.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/8/21 11:42 a.m.

cleaned-ish

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/15/21 7:27 a.m.

And...... winter is here. 

and finally I have something to brag on the back of the car. 

Mr. Peabody
Mr. Peabody UltimaDork
11/15/21 12:58 p.m.

I thought I read it in here but when I went through I didn't see it.

Aside from the big wheels, what are the functional differences between the SX and the lower models?  I may be looking at one today

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/15/21 1:12 p.m.

In reply to Mr. Peabody :

Manual cars, the SX gets larger front brakes, , different springs and struts, push button start, nav and bluetooth. LX cars with manual do not have cruise, BT, power windows and smaller fron rotors.

EDIT: all SX's got larger wheels, brakes, suspension, BT, cruise, power accessories etc

nocones
nocones UberDork
11/15/21 2:24 p.m.

Everytime this thread comes up it makes me want something like this to just beat on at the track and do Gridlife events.   

If I got one I would be sure to find a red one...  Just because.  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
11/15/21 3:04 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

The gearing sucks so bad, but the brakes are so good. y'all realize I ran 6 tracks on street pads and onl once at RA did I ever start to question my decision getting stuck behind an over-braker for 2 laps.Once past and could brake once and no 3 times per major corner I was good.

5 6 7 8 9

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BtN8JXJEnuRKGo5ILAb1SMYsVgLfKhU5zTsLjx9dP30YfeV1lmRD7IEgp0dlrI96