1 2
fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
3/30/16 9:11 p.m.
RiverCitySpeed wrote: 2000 Tomlynn St.

Holy E36 M3, you're like a mile from my dads shop (right next to the bowtie) if you're ever wrenching at night and need some company let me know.

drivendaily
drivendaily New Reader
4/1/16 7:05 a.m.

If you weren't so far from NH, I'd offer up a cam (I have a comp and b303 just ... sitting on a shelf) in exchange for a 6pack.

RiverCitySpeed
RiverCitySpeed New Reader
4/9/16 8:33 a.m.
patgizz wrote: got any more info on the 8.8 in your LS6 car? i'm expecting to blow up my r200 at some point. i have 26x10.5 slicks for rear of mine. this is my $2015/$2016 car, hope you get done as it'd be nice to see another s30 there.

I made the mounts for the 8.8 ('02 up explorer). Its the aluminum housing. I'm using T3 outer suspension parts (a plate that you can bolt Z32/Q45/240sx brakes to.) I'm using Z32TT hubs and brakes. Custom axles.

I'll get a pic up when I'm not posting from my phone.

RiverCitySpeed
4/9/16 8:38 a.m.
fiesta54 wrote:
RiverCitySpeed wrote: 2000 Tomlynn St.
Holy E36 M3, you're like a mile from my dads shop (right next to the bowtie) if you're ever wrenching at night and need some company let me know.

Who's your dad at Sportscar Workshops? I know a few of those guys. I've worked with Roy previously.

fiesta54
fiesta54 Reader
4/9/16 9:35 p.m.

In reply to RiverCitySpeed:

Mike, but not Roy's brother. Wasn't at Bradleys was it?

RiverCitySpeed
5/10/16 6:44 a.m.

No, it wasn't automotive related.

RiverCitySpeed
5/10/16 5:15 p.m.

Just picked up this 280Z parts car. The rear diff and a few other parts will be liberated from it.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
5/10/16 6:51 p.m.

blech. 2+2 deserves to be a parts car. could never get past the roof line.

want to recoup some of your budget? i could use the inside rearview mirror.

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
5/10/16 7:09 p.m.
patgizz wrote: blech. 2+2 deserves to be a parts car. could never get past the roof line. want to recoup some of your budget? i could use the inside rearview mirror.

Tell us how you really feel! (But yeah I tend to agree)

RiverCitySpeed
5/11/16 8:35 a.m.
patgizz wrote: blech. 2+2 deserves to be a parts car. could never get past the roof line. want to recoup some of your budget? i could use the inside rearview mirror.

That's pretty much my sentiment. They make great parts cars though! Call or text me on the mirror. 804-678-898two

The car will be completely parted out this weekend.

RiverCitySpeed
6/23/16 3:53 p.m.

Well, some progress has been made on the Z. It's a roller and the tiller is in. I think the stance is just about right! It'll drop a little bit I suspect, but not much. I'm not putting a hell of a lot in it.

Some rustolium in the engine bay.

added lightness.

Explorer GT40P motor mocked up before taking the heads off for port and polish work.

Experimental Holley 660 Center Squirter. Not really sure how this is going to work. Put it together with spare parts. Picked it up for $50 missing a bunch of parts. This type of carb was designed to be used as a pair on a tunnel ram for drag racing only. All the throttle blades open at once and the "squirt" comes in the center to all 4 barrels. It has a 850 base plate.

Roughed in port. GT40P ain't half bad for OEM stuff.

TheEnd
TheEnd New Reader
7/5/16 12:30 p.m.

Sub'd.

RiverCitySpeed
7/17/16 5:08 p.m.

Coudn't leave these Cal-Custom valve covers alone.

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
7/17/16 5:20 p.m.

Nice valve cover

crankwalk
crankwalk Dork
7/17/16 8:17 p.m.

Nice

Dusterbd13
Dusterbd13 PowerDork
7/17/16 10:22 p.m.

How did you do that to the valve cover?

RiverCitySpeed
7/18/16 6:17 a.m.

Thanks guys. I had these old Cal-Custom finned valve covers laying around. A friend gave them to me years ago because his garage had flooded and corrosion set in on the raw aluminum. I just recently sandblasted and painted them with VHT wrinkle black to hide the pitting from the corrosion. They can be seen in one or two of the above pictures of the engine.

I just milled off a bit of the fins and used 3M VHB tape to hold the Datsun emblem on and re-shot them with wrinkle black. I quickly wiped the paint fromt he letters. Since its a chrome plated plastic emblem (fender emblem from a 280Z, I think) I couldn't wait for it to dry like I would for the fins. I wanted the valve covers to look as OEM as possible. The old faded "chrome" on the emblem looks enough like polished aluminum. I think they turned out great. Took me a couple hours.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LE6PmzSixIqIlSB9VXTD5ieLTlusv04trTHtLAtCJPnw4TZqPJD2ZSsoEwt91pUg