6 7 8
captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
4/2/19 1:08 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Yeah, out the passenger side. Hoping I have enough tubing to make that happen. Budget is getting super tight at this point.

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
4/2/19 1:35 p.m.
captainawesome said:

[...]

Untitled by hatchethairy, on Flickr

I spy at least a little bit of exhaust tubing you can use. A few carefully placed cuts and you should be able to get a bend out of that top piece.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
4/2/19 1:38 p.m.

In reply to artur1808 :

Yeah I think it could work. I'll need to come up with some sort of bend on the cheap, so for now I'll just get the muffler and glass pack in place to see where the sound ends up.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
4/2/19 2:03 p.m.

It's simple maths. laugh

artur1808
artur1808 Reader
4/2/19 2:32 p.m.

AAZCD
AAZCD Reader
4/2/19 2:55 p.m.

Good stuff. I love the older BMWs. If I ever dig my way out of the VAG-pile I've made in the driveway, I'd love to get an E21. This gets me motivated to quit messing with my Gambler and get to work on the Challenge car.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
4/2/19 3:20 p.m.

Cut, bend, and weld could work as I just bought a couple new packs of cutting and flapper discs

In reply to AAZCD :

I'm ready to get started on the Gambler, so it's a fair trade I think. Once I feel the e21 is at a pause point for development, the Baja is going to get it's day in the sunlight.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
4/8/19 9:35 p.m.

I had to clean up the garage this afternoon, and managed to spend a few minutes putting the front bumper and grill stuff back on. I need to epoxy a couple brackets for extra bracing, but nothing too serious. The rear bumper stuff looks like a couple L brackets, and the sooner they are bolted in place, the sooner I'll stop trying to vomit looking at that funky e21 butt.

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
4/11/19 2:50 p.m.

I've hit a rut. A big one.

Last night I sold the rear fiberglass bumper to a local guy. It's the first of many parts I'm peddling to go a new direction.

Long story short, I'm tired. Projects ain't what they used to be for me. I'm just not having fun building stuff anymore at this level, especially for something with such a specific task.  I got to the same point when I used to tinker with older motorcycles, and with house remodels/projects. The romance is kinda over I think. I want to focus on just driving, it's way more fun.

Anyway, I'm selling all the loose parts for both the e21 and e30 that never got bolted on. The e21 will be sold at a slightly finished phase with just a little detail work left. The e30 will get all the good stuff removed and swapped out for stock parts. Plan B will be set in motion soon.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
4/11/19 3:35 p.m.

In reply to captainawesome :

Ugh DUDE. Should have sold the rear bumper to me! I'll buy the front one off you if you're willing to part with it.

More importantly - sorry to hear about your rut. I'm feeling that way with the Healey especially as the weather gets nicer. Keep on keepin' on. Car fun is coming your way, I can feel it!

captainawesome
captainawesome Reader
4/11/19 3:42 p.m.

In reply to AxeHealey :

Yeah, I was posting it all up and realized there are a couple guys that wanted most of the stuff. I'd consider selling the front bumper and originally planned to. Unfortunately my stock valence is pretty beat up, so to keep the car somewhat presentable it will stay on. I'm really trying to avoid shipping if possible, especially the big stuff.

I'm not done with car projects, just shifting my focus for a bit. I think there's a good chance I'll start another Challenge project before October rolls around, just a different plan of attack. Originally when I bought the car it was to part the thing out, and use those proceeds to build a Challenge car. I should have just stuck with my original plan.

AxeHealey
AxeHealey Reader
4/11/19 6:28 p.m.

Looking forward to that build man!

6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
426TuBfhk6kWjSpmQ5MD4EztdzXILF43dDTUmJ7rmnnODQAl9zKRPYv6Rx9GLg0d