8 9 10
SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid UberDork
5/18/13 7:13 a.m.

This is what the Sec of State website says:

Expanded-Use Antique License Plates have a staggered expiration and are annual plates. To qualify for Expanded-Use Antique Plates, motor vehicles, including motorcycles, must be more than 25 years old. Firefighting vehicles must be at least 20 years old. Vehicles displaying these plates during the months of January-March and November-December may only be driven to and from an antique auto show or exhibition, service station or demonstration. Vehicles displaying these plates during the months of April-October may be driven on the highways without being subject to the restrictions of a standard antique vehicle plate. The mechanical and physical condition of the vehicle, including brakes, lights, glass and appearance, must be the same or as safe as originally equipped. An antique vehicle may be a "bona fide replica" - an exact copy of the original in design, frame and mechanical operation. "Facsimiles" - close, but not exact, reproductions of the original -do not qualify for Expanded-Use Antique Vehicle plates.
DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade UltraDork
5/18/13 12:50 p.m.

Another reason I love my state. When I get an Antique tag for the Nissan in 4 years, I can still drive it 50+ miles a day. We have great kit-car rules too. Amazing.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
6/1/13 2:34 p.m.

Quick update:

I snagged a couple of brake line tees from Advance for $2.15 each after tax. I now have brakes at both ends and it stops on a dime!...comparatively.

I also tested the car side of the unused power seat harness, looking for a power and a ground. I found one of each then put on some spade connectors and connected those wires to the lumbar control plug on underside of the driver's side GT seat. Now it has adjustable lumbar support!

New total = $991 (rounded up)

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
6/2/13 9:40 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: My lifting partner has some cooper discoverererererererererererer tires in 245/75R16 that he said I could have since the name is so clunky. I think I might try to squeeze a pair onto the rear, they should clear. And you thought it looked stupid with 235/70's!

I've been thinking a lot about tires for this car. There is a certain bent appeal in putting big truck tires on it but I don't want to deal with the clearance issues and, as awesome as they may look on other cars, I don't plan to put flares on it.

I think I'll just snag some used 225/60R16's and be done with it.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
6/2/13 9:41 a.m.

Now to find a spot for those gauges...

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/12/13 12:56 p.m.

Just stopped by the local used tire joint and snagged some 235/70's for the rear.

$90 mounted and balanced.

New total = $1081

I stuck with the truck/suv size for the ground clearance. It's nice being able to change the oil without having to put a vehicle on ramps.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/15/13 4:05 p.m.

Ground clearance.

235/70's all around.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/15/13 7:11 p.m.

They rub on the front?

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/15/13 7:13 p.m.

Yeah, but not too much.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/15/13 7:17 p.m.

Right now it has both the front and rear brakes plumbed directly to the master cylinder, the proportioning valve has been eliminated. Under VERY forceful braking the rears lock up just before the fronts. I don't mind it at all right now, rain or shine.

If it sees snow again that may be a different story...

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/27/13 5:34 p.m.

I just put this one up for sale. I over priced it rather aggressively to create some wiggle room.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
7/27/13 6:09 p.m.

What are you looking at getting now?

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
7/27/13 9:29 p.m.

I haven't looked for a replacement. I'm going to turn my attention to the Scoob. It's been neglected for a while.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
2/3/14 6:09 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
2/3/14 6:11 p.m.

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
2/3/14 6:17 p.m.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
2/3/14 6:29 p.m.

I couldn't hotlink on the MarkVII club so I had to showcase my hackery here.

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
2/3/14 7:12 p.m.

Oh for some reason I thought there was an underhood fire. LOL

Carry on then.

The_Jed
The_Jed SuperDork
2/4/14 5:15 a.m.

LOL!

Nope, it just looks like E36 M3!

crankwalk
crankwalk HalfDork
2/4/14 7:52 a.m.
The_Jed wrote: LOL! Nope, it just looks like E36 M3!

Meh simple green and a pressure washer could fix it.

Adrian_Thompson
Adrian_Thompson PowerDork
2/4/14 10:10 a.m.
crankwalk wrote:
The_Jed wrote: LOL! Nope, it just looks like E36 M3!
Meh simple green and a pressure washer could fix it.

No point until winter is over. It will look like E36 M3 again in 10 miles with salt and snow.

The_Jed
The_Jed UltraDork
7/2/14 2:27 p.m.

Sold to BlueinGreen44.

8 9 10

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
HjjpZDIps7Zm4xgiLYDy76kKjl8LtM7AzBrqMrgCF5euHeh6ilrUKgCiUFZW3WhV