1 2 3 4 5
surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 11:27 a.m.
akylekoz said:

Perfect, out of my garage and into something useful.  At $250 at steal I might add surprise

I couldnt beat 75 bucks thats for sure. especially to have a good set of mechanical gauges to help monitor my my motor which will be heavily abused lol.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 11:30 a.m.
akylekoz said:

These are the wheels you are looking for, with NT01s or RE71s.  Probably not in the budget @ $400.

I actually have 2 17x10.5" concave 10th anniversary cobra wheels for the rear i paid 60 bucks for, and i already had 2 17x10.5 with tires on them. the parts car i got had 2 17x10.5 saleens with tires so i am trading those for the 2 i had in my garage and then adding the 60$ i paid for the extra 2 onto the budget. when the fender flares come in i will start test fitting the front wheels as i need all the clearance i can get to fit 315 tires on the front of a foxbody lol. its going to be extremely wide lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
7/31/19 8:26 a.m.

Well after finding out about the self trade ordeal im happy to be able to use my old roh wheels. Id live to use the rpf1 but im not sure they will fit. i have had them for a while but maybe if i can trade all 6 wheels i got with my project car i can do it.  

As for the amount of wheels i have. I have a problem... 2 stacks not shown in pic lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/31/19 8:39 a.m.

Got the seats ready to go into the car. Just made minor touches to go along with the fighter jet theme. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/3/19 7:04 p.m.

Episode 3 ofnthe build for those interested. 

https://youtu.be/51cPAJb7yY0

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/13/19 9:00 a.m.

video of the wifes challenge car for those interested. 

https://youtu.be/k1afvZInFJk

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/13/19 7:29 p.m.

Finally put on the wheels ill be using for the competition. Some old school roh wheels. 17x9.5 with 275/40 square set up. I like how they look and fit i just dont like how much they weigh. A small price to pay. 

Pimpin aint easy. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/19/19 9:18 p.m.

Well i finally got both seats in the car, and i also finished up my hood louver mod. $19 ac return vent at home depot lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/24/19 3:08 p.m.

So build update. 

Suspension is done minus cc plates and subframe connectors.

Nitrous bottle brackets are going to get mounted this week and i can finally test the nitrous system out. If it is successful then i am going to the track! Car will be painted very soon and then i will start applying decals i have for it!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/25/19 9:39 p.m.

well finally got the car painted. need to even out a few areas but i took it to a car meet today and everyone thought it was either sanded down to the metal or that it was cleared metal etc. point is i got what i wanted, the brushed metal look with silver paint and the process of antiqing. 

it is finally coming together and starting to look a little more "raw" which is exactly what i wanted.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
8/26/19 11:08 a.m.

Also for those following along, here is a video of my wifes car at the track. found out about a couple of issues. 

https://youtu.be/a4tI-sd8zHI

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
9/27/19 8:02 a.m.

i have fallen behind on both car progress and pics/videos. here is an update. 

A month ago i got the flu and i have still beeen recovering. i have also got my other fox back and since i actively compete with that car it has been hard to split time between working on them both. FL2K is coming up and i have a few things to button up on the race car. However i am carving out time the next few weeks and after fl2k to finish up the challenge car. 

Above is a table of parts i need to install not including the subframe connectors and cc plates. i still need to weld up my exhaust as well as apply a bunch of decals and spray paint using stencils to finish the cars theme. The parts on the table include: rear tubular control arms i got for $40, a 130 amp single alternator with upgraded cable used out of another fox for $50, 3.73 rear end gears out of an explorer, a taylor vertex battery box i bought new because i could not for the life of me find a used one. 89.99, nitrous bottle and brackets which i covered in a previous post, autozone distributor which i am not sure i will need yet but if i do it was $73, and an msd 6al ignition box $45.

hoping after this weekend all of this stuff will be installed and i will have the nitrous hooked up so i can go make some test passes next wednesday. I still am on the hunt for 4 decent shape autocross tires and i need to replace the brakes and flusha  few fluids. 

bonylad
bonylad New Reader
9/27/19 12:37 p.m.

Wish I could scoop them door panels from you off the 95. Silver/black?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
9/27/19 1:46 p.m.

In reply to bonylad :

the parts car 95 doesnt have any, at least it didnt when i got it. my wifes 95 does though, they are solid black. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
9/29/19 8:40 p.m.

So today was a great productive day. The wife helped me out on the stuff in the rear of the car and i got a lot of stuff knocked out. First i installed the 140 amp 1 wire alternator. now i shouldnt have any more voltage issues with the electric fans etc. I installed a new distributor as i think the PIP sensor was causing the fuel pump to shut off intermittently once the car was warmed up. In the rear we dropped the tank so we could mount the nitrous bottle brackets and get the bottle hooked up, as well as mount the battery box.

Not bad for a good 5 hours worth of work and we got footage for a new episode of the build. Next i will install my tubular control arms in the rear, the msd 6al box, and the battery disconnect for the rear mounted battery. as i have heard, it isnt a budget build if it isnt crunch time. 

Also added a little touch to the theme and painted in the mustang letters with nail polish for that patriotic tough. Murica!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
9/30/19 7:08 p.m.

Tonight i finished up the rear suspension with the tubular control arms. Last thing to do in the rear end is the gears. Happy with the progress ive made this week and im hoping to make a test pass at the track friday if all goes well. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/1/19 7:40 a.m.

https://youtu.be/gtIZoqbQeN4

episode 4 of the build is live!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/1/19 6:11 p.m.

Thank god for self trade rules. I have some enjei rpf1s i was unsure about fitment and i decided to give it a shot. Well with a 1inch spacer in the rear they work! So i traded the 6 wheels i got with the parts car for them. A set of 03/04 cobra wheels and a pair of 17x10.5 saleens. Originally traded for the roh that where on the car but i didnt love them and they were heavy. This on the other hand... this will do.

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/1/19 7:40 p.m.

I take it you are running this in the CAM class.  Looking forward to battling it out.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/1/19 10:21 p.m.

In reply to pimpm3 :

yes sir! currently shopping 200TW tires now. its gonna be fun times. your car make more power than mine N/A im hoping my weight will compensate for lack of power. but i do have 150 shot for the track. need to test this week to ensure its all working. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/3/19 10:22 p.m.

Got the battery disconnect installed. Ive had this thing sitting in a box for 2 years. Recently i Never thought i would use it but i finally got to! Will wire it all up tomorrow!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/4/19 10:48 a.m.

so the pin up girl decals came in. Waiting to use my buddies lift at his exhaust shop so i can weld up my exhaust. This car looks cooler to me every day but when running for 15 minutes it still cuts in and out. Fuel pump relay is sporadically energizing and idk if its because the ecu is bad or i have a bad ground or a fuseable link is causing loss of power to ecu. Ughhhh talk about frustrating. 

pres589 (djronnebaum)
pres589 (djronnebaum) PowerDork
10/4/19 11:11 a.m.

Loooove RFP1's and they look great on your car.  Wheel/tire/stance combination looks on point from here.

Sounds like time to start ringing out some wiring, running a new ground, etc.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/4/19 3:40 p.m.

In reply to pres589 (djronnebaum) :

Yea im going to try this other a9l my buddy has and see if that fixes it. If not. Will bypass ecu all together and run the pump off a switch.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/4/19 3:44 p.m.

hellcat swap! Well mufflers at least. Buddy tyler had factory hellcat mufflers on hand and welded it all up for 80 bucks total. Sounds really good too!

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X6NOiQvDQgkv9oTuEzcLLLm3AEUoUz89HQNZBbyNNhUwdhrIIycuiYCjdA5uCHkv