1 2 3
Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
8/1/17 6:12 p.m.

In reply to Billy_Bottle_Caps:

Thank you my good sir! If things go as planned it should start getting interesting in the next 2-3 weeks

AClockworkGarage
AClockworkGarage HalfDork
8/3/17 2:32 p.m.

Oooooh. Nice LeSabre.

Gearheadotaku
Gearheadotaku PowerDork
8/3/17 9:01 p.m.

I had a '97 SC2 for years, 200,000 trouble free miles. Good cars. This is going to be an interesting project. I've never seen anyone motorswap one before.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
8/4/17 7:21 a.m.

In reply to AClockworkGarage:

Ya the lesabre has been a good car except for a few transmission failures. It's right at 300k and a couple months ago I put a series 3 in it with 98k so it should be good for another 200k

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
8/4/17 7:24 a.m.

In reply to Gearheadotaku:

There was 1 in a issue of gmr a while back I believe it was in the 201x challenge but there weren't really any details. There's also a Saturn on YouTube with a ls4 So I know there's room . Going to get the sw2 tomorrow so excited!

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
8/5/17 5:08 p.m.

Sadly the sw2 deal fell through the guy sold the car out from under me

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
10/6/17 10:01 p.m.

I haven't worked on the Saturn much recently as I bought a 1999 F150 and have been modifying it to get better fuel mileage but I do have a small update to share

Test fit!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy SuperDork
10/6/17 10:43 p.m.

In reply to Saturnguy :

Pic is a bit fuzzy, but it looks like you got it to fit. Sweet!

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
12/14/17 12:22 p.m.

Not too much progress lately but going to build the motor mounts after Christmas when more funds are available. I was having trouble getting the motor in the way I wanted but a sawzall fixed that by notching the passenger side frame rail and the subframe on both sides. My wife let me pick my own Christmas gift and zzp was having a black Friday sale so I got zzp short tube headers, hv3 insert for the upper intake and a throttle body adapter so I can use a series 3 intake instead of the stock plastic one. Currently the manifolds are on the motor the transmission is bolted up and there both sitting in the car waiting for mounts to be made. Seems like a good solution for all the shifter problems I was having with the old setup... lol

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
12/14/17 12:30 p.m.

My future plans include a turbonetics t3/t4 ball bearing turbo, larger intercooler, 80# injectors and e85

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
12/15/17 9:33 a.m.
AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair UltimaDork
12/15/17 10:02 a.m.

Overkill is really just kill.  I dig this project. Thanks for sharing.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
12/16/17 12:25 p.m.
AngryCorvair said:

Overkill is really just kill.  I dig this project. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the kind words I've been planning this build since I was 19 when i had my last Saturn and it's amazing to finally see everything coming together just the way I've been planning 

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
12/22/17 2:06 p.m.
Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
1/16/18 5:03 p.m.

Had the day off work and the wife had to work so I decided to get a little done on the Saturn 

This is the a.c. bracket and the motor mount that's taking its place. The welds ain't perfect but it should be more than strong enough. 

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
5/4/18 2:17 a.m.

Image host fail going to try imgur 

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
5/4/18 2:21 a.m.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
5/4/18 2:32 a.m.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
5/4/18 2:35 a.m.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
5/4/18 2:43 a.m.

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
5/4/18 6:58 a.m.

In reply to Saturnguy :

YES! More progress.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
5/5/18 2:15 a.m.

I haven't made any progress in a while been trying to keep my nightmare of a truck running. Right now it has codes for running rich on both banks and high idle about 2000 rpm going to replace both 02 sensors and iac hopefully that will fix it and I can get back to working on the saturn 

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
6/20/18 8:45 p.m.

Updates coming soon finally got my hands on a welder and got a bunch of parts ordered 

Mezzanine
Mezzanine Dork
6/21/18 10:51 a.m.

This is a great project - I'd never considered that a 3800 might fit in there! My mom had an SC1 and I really liked the car.

Saturnguy
Saturnguy New Reader
7/22/18 3:04 p.m.

In reply to Mezzanine :

Fits not really the passenger side frame needed to be cut out a bit and the subframe needs to be notched in a couple places and all the mounts are custom made out of 1/4 steel

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
Lh8JCnPevZJSYpywy6vrBpoIcxpY7UMMpxGOkTlgpmWZjzKRrSSSI4NeuCI5K0vJ