1 2
docwyte
docwyte UltraDork
6/13/19 8:04 a.m.

I had issues with the knock off grills staying in place, they're cheap for a reason.  I actually just bought a set of OEM ones, the fitment was SO much better!

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
6/14/19 7:36 a.m.
MTechnically said:

If this is your first BMW, RealOEM (https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/select) is a fantastic resource for you to use when looking for parts. Without it I would be absolutely lost at keeping my fleet on the road.

If you are looking for a OEM quality replacement you can find it at ECS/FCP Euro/Pelican/whatever your vendor of choice is. This is what I got with a quick search of the part number.

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-bmw-parts/kidney-grille-right/51138195152/

Thank you! 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
11/4/19 9:40 p.m.
DirtyBird222 said:

So I've got an update to the seats, headliner, and steering wheel. 

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
11/4/19 9:45 p.m.

Also to note redlinegoods alacantar shift and e-brake boots don't like the Florida sun. I bought these seat covers from Lseat and had a local upholstery shop do the work for me. They also re did the headliner and wrapped the steering wheel. I'm going to have them re-do the door panels, e-brake boot, shift boot, and arm rest cover next. 

Clearcoat and paint are also up next 

Slippery
Slippery UltraDork
11/5/19 7:02 a.m.

Seats look fantastic!

I wish I still had my dove vaders. I gave them away like an idiot. They are 70# each!!

Turbine
Turbine Reader
11/5/19 7:52 a.m.

Those seats look awesome! I wish I'd known about Lseat when I had my black Vaders redone. I'm not too thrilled with the way mine turned out

OjaiM5
OjaiM5 Reader
11/5/19 8:24 a.m.

Oh wow, you saved the seats. Impressive! What a fun car to own.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
11/5/19 8:41 a.m.
Turbine said:

Those seats look awesome! I wish I'd known about Lseat when I had my black Vaders redone. I'm not too thrilled with the way mine turned out

A lot of the E30 crowd use Lseat and turned me their way. The upholstery shop was very hesitant about them and tried selling me on another brand that was 3x as much or having them re-do the Vaders themselves. They are a little off color; however, they still look and feel great. The shop also did an excellent job re-wrapping the steering wheel and the headliner. They used purple stitching in the steering wheel that matches the techno pretty well and it's a nice subtle touch. 

Harvey
Harvey SuperDork
11/5/19 3:30 p.m.

My favorite interior on the E36 M3 is Magma, but I do love that Technoviolet exterior and those seats turned out looking really nice.

CLNSC3
CLNSC3 HalfDork
11/6/19 4:35 a.m.

Any e36 owners interested in restored oem panels send me a message. i have gotten good at working these panels.

Dove interior is beautiful, once it is really really thoroughly cleaned. I actually usr purple power for the initial scrub, then dawn, then move to interior cleaner and protestant products. Much easier to pull every psbel and tackle them out of the car. I'm in the middle of doing exactly that on my latest find.

DirtyBird222
DirtyBird222 UberDork
11/7/19 4:03 p.m.
CLNSC3 said:

Any e36 owners interested in restored oem panels send me a message. i have gotten good at working these panels.

Dove interior is beautiful, once it is really really thoroughly cleaned. I actually usr purple power for the initial scrub, then dawn, then move to interior cleaner and protestant products. Much easier to pull every psbel and tackle them out of the car. I'm in the middle of doing exactly that on my latest find.

Yea I'm going to try and clean the door panels when I put new window motors/regulators in and replace some of the brittle plastic sill pieces with some metal ones. The rear seats are minty fresh for being 20 years old so those are staying as it. I did have to clean the E36 M3 out of the carpet. It appeared there were a lot of soda stains and possibly love stains.

Spray bottle of degreaser - let it sit on the carpet for about 15-20 minutes. Then I hit the carpet with a solution of hot water and clear laundry detergent and a stiff bristle scrub brush. Did a pat dry of the carpet with lots of towels to pick up all the dirt, another scrub with just hot water to get the soap out, then a wet vac to pull all the water out. It made the carpets look brand new. 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
zuLR9xzVgB3WWbuhYXfnIzBfwSrPGfqYB8UkfVSYI5GFRTYDJhGjpno7G9JYrEs1