WhiteZombie
WhiteZombie None
7/28/12 12:53 p.m.

Hey everybody! Since GRM always warms my heart, I thought I'd get on the board and do some stuff, share and find ideas, etc.

Here is a little build thread I did to appease a few friends on their board.

http://slamburglars.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=2092&hl=

I've owned the car 7 or 8 years now. Never would have imagined I thought it would end up some kind of ridiculous corner carving machine, but strange things happen when people doubt your creative spirit. I guess I took it as a challenge!

I've got a bunch more stuff in the works, so stay tuned!

Thanks for checking it out!

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps HalfDork
7/28/12 1:59 p.m.

In reply to WhiteZombie:

Very cool..

patgizz
patgizz UltraDork
7/28/12 3:05 p.m.

cool. stuff like this makes me want to put a t56 in my SS.

WhiteZombie
WhiteZombie New Reader
7/28/12 5:33 p.m.
patgizz wrote: cool. stuff like this makes me want to put a t56 in my SS.

BEST MOD EVER, hands down, IMO! Way more fun and engaging to drive, even every day commuting. Not to mention the low highway rpms in 6th, even with 3.73's out back. Quieter in the car, and MUCH better MPGs on the freeway too. Love it. I doubt you would regret it!

patgizz
patgizz UltraDork
7/28/12 7:34 p.m.

i dunno, it's hard to beat the LS engine swap for best mod ever. never driven an LT1 car though.

my buddy has a t56 swapped wagon.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
7/29/12 11:47 a.m.

So... awesome. I really need to build a six speed V8 boat someday.

WhiteZombie
WhiteZombie New Reader
3/5/17 3:28 p.m.

In reply to patgizz: LSx is rad, but I'd still rather row gears behind a stock LT1, than sit behind a slush box LS swap, waiting for the car to figure out what gear to be in. I still think for the time and cost involved in an LS swap, you can build a pretty potent LT based motor that would be on par with a mild to medium LS. I don't think there's one right answer to the fun equation, however.

WhiteZombie
WhiteZombie New Reader
3/5/17 3:30 p.m.

In reply to ValuePack: The boats are cheap, and the T56s should be getting cheaper too! Pretty much plug n play outside of some really simple wiring and cutting two smallish holes

Left Ventricle
Left Ventricle New Reader
3/5/17 5:25 p.m.
Slam Burglars wrote: Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.

I'm not averse to signing up for forums, but it's necessary to do so even just to read thread over there? Or is the thread no longer available?

WhiteZombie
WhiteZombie New Reader
3/13/17 10:12 p.m.

In reply to Left Ventricle: HUH! Let me see what's up with that. It was a friends blog/forum/club.

In the meantime, here's some track videos from the last few seasons:

Because Race Car

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X6BGl13iMayCiRoT3c0DZzCAWRbuufdpHvltTUFHI13dCnYI2wlqwRta8pfAkMsI