jfryjfry
jfryjfry HalfDork
8/16/18 10:02 a.m.

Well, I was going to start this a little later but I need a few things and thought it might be a little rude to just ask without at least a few pics...

so before I ask, I’ll introduce my lovely wife who, until about a year ago, was not interested in cars much and certainly not not old ones. 

She floored me when she announced that she might like to do a little project together and I immediately had visions of a cute little Miata we could resurrect and take autocrossing together. 

“No, I was thinking an old Bronco.”   

Great, only one of the most expensive, most desirable old vehicles on the planet.

well, I found the perfect candidate about 10 hours away.  The top pic is me about to do a u-turn and head 700 miles or so south. 

Many blanks to fill in, but was wondering if anyone had a cheap set of horns that either look nice or could be cleaned pretty easily???

we aren’t quite to that point but I hope to be soon and would like to have everything I need at hand!

Woody
Woody MegaDork
8/16/18 10:31 a.m.

Please stop getting cooler and cooler by the day. 

ultraclyde
ultraclyde PowerDork
8/16/18 10:33 a.m.

My wife loves these and wants one. I told her there was no way it was going to happen given their current pricing. Good on you, but if my wife ever sees these I'm a dead man.

collinskl1
collinskl1 Reader
8/16/18 1:50 p.m.

You married one of the good ones. I've wanted an early Bronco since I was a kid, but the time was never right. Now they're quite spendy, so it's on my list of "maybe one day" projects.

RossD
RossD MegaDork
8/16/18 2:08 p.m.

You got off easy. My wife likes Land Rovers.  wink

Nice truck!

EastCoastMojo
EastCoastMojo Mod Squad
8/16/18 3:01 p.m.

I was so sad when Chuck decided to sell his '73 Bronco. I was torn up inside but there was no talking him out of it, I tried. Someday when I win the lottery I'll get another one.

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago SuperDork
8/16/18 4:04 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Horns like toot-toot or horns like moo? 

759NRNG
759NRNG SuperDork
8/16/18 4:21 p.m.

From the look on her face she was just waiting to set the HOOK!!!! I know you just got it , but is there a hardtop in the future??

APEowner
APEowner Dork
8/16/18 4:27 p.m.

When I read the title I thought " A 1972 Bronco for the wife.  That's a pretty good deal."  Now I've read the post and see that you have a wife that actually wants a '72 Bronco as opposed to finding someone who'll take her for a trade on a Bronco I'm now thinking "That's a great deal!"  I hope the three of you spend many happy hours together.

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
8/16/18 5:39 p.m.

Man, the amount I miss my '67 is just crazy.   Yours is in the same color too.  I'll be watching and contributing as much a I can here.

Can't wait to see you start tearing into it.    

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy UltimaDork
8/16/18 5:59 p.m.

Ten years ago my boss had an old Bronco and he lived in Denver.  It had multicolored panels as it was a beater although no rust at all.  His son-in-law said it was scary coming down mountains as the brakes were awful.  He had a garage of parts too.   

He offered it to me for $3500 and I thought he was nuts.  

Turns out I was nuts.

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
8/16/18 6:21 p.m.

That smile says it all!!!!  Best of luck on your new project, should be fun.

T.J.
T.J. MegaDork
8/16/18 6:38 p.m.

Nice project! I've always liked those. 

irish44j
irish44j UltimaDork
8/16/18 7:00 p.m.

My wife's CX-9 was at the dealer today getting warranty work and she send me a text at work proclaiming that she liked her loaner car way better than the CX-9. A freaking Grand Caravan.

Your wife is cooler than mine. 

hhaase
hhaase HalfDork
8/16/18 8:33 p.m.

Yeah.   The pre-75 brakes are rough.   Non-power drums all around.   Highly recommended upgrade.   That and 76-77 steering if you aren’t doing serious off-roading.   The bump steer is fierce in the earlier trucks.

spandak
spandak Reader
8/17/18 5:04 p.m.

This is great, looks like fun!

My wife wants an E-type... ha

Our Preferred Partners
iRVJ9gMotCoFesqYYZaJdqAjJYxCF5a27DsVFqmKqRUVgoybiQqi5tOIQEf6GefR