CameronAsbury
CameronAsbury
11/28/21 12:23 p.m.

I Fully understand just how ridiculous this is, and its not for something to be competitive but just something to snap necks and have a laugh about in the end. I bought a 1996 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham S&S Hearse. Finding any information is pretty difficult, it's definitely a Cadillac commercial Chassis. I'm looking into replacing the blown out suspension, and I'm being told that there's a large range of years 77-96 B-Body stuff should fit but I'm unsure if that will be the case on the rear since GM stuffed a 14 bolt 9.5 inch Rearend on it. In the end though any and all information is appreciated. Goals are a stupid burnout machine I can use to tow my racecar as well as participate in Autocross and TNIA as a joke sometimes.

CameronAsbury
CameronAsbury New Reader
11/28/21 12:25 p.m.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
11/28/21 12:30 p.m.

Hi friend! smiley  here's a shot of mine coming down pikes peak a few years ago.

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
11/28/21 12:44 p.m.

Mine is a 95, commercial chassis, commercial glass masterpiece.

Be aware that all of these cars are custom one off builds, so there are no "standard options".  Also, don't trust the rpo codes because things were often changed at the coach builders.  I always try to put my eyes on the parts currently on the car before ordering new parts.  For example, my car has the HD suspension and brakes (basically 3/4 ton hardware) and even though it has the HD brake rotors it has the standard calipers and pads.  Speaking of pads, check them often if you try to drive this thing like a normal car, I got less than 5k from the last set of front pads.

CameronAsbury
CameronAsbury New Reader
11/28/21 12:58 p.m.

In reply to Dead_Sled :

I guess about the only thing I've confirmed with my eyes is the 14 Bolt rearend. Shocks all appear to be leaking oil and definitely will need replaced. I also think I found a new RPO sheet that S&S put in the car themselves as it looks placed in after the fact and doesn't look like any RPO sticker I've seen GM use. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1Xdg2wMO5wWpMP8yNnefh8QQsa9rAcR0N8zqpSOBucsgVafYjeS2Lf0RYtj8ObRm