1 2 3 4 5
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
11/30/16 1:06 p.m.
Buyer wrote: I am very excited! I have been reliving my love affair with my Q45 for about a year now. I still have my 1990, but it was vandalized with parts being stolen. I have bought a parts car to rebuild it . I already have a name for this one. Q SHIP

When he was here he told me someone stole the intake manifold and accessories lines underneath it. He stated he kept his 1990 in his garage in Florida during the winters and that it had always been garage kept, not sure how, when or where the parts were stolen.

I'm always glad to see something go to a new home. Amazed that it ended up going to someone who loves Q45's, I thought that John and I were the only ones. I had to show him my other Q45 before he hit the road, he was surprised when I said that I had another one.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
1/13/17 12:13 p.m.

Trying to decide how to make these wheels fit under some type of fender. I still have a few leftover flares from my $2015 Lexus. Finally finished stripping the rear of the interior, getting closer to being ready to cut the top off for the Infinitruck. I'm going to be trying to spend as little as possible going forward, just using parts that I have laying around.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
1/19/17 5:46 p.m.

My goal right now is to accomplish a little bit every Thursday since it seems to be the only day I have any free time. Today I switched the springs out for the free ones I received at the $2016 Challenge from TB. I also removed the inner fenders and mudflaps in preparation to cut out the fenders for the fender flares. I really need to find a cheap battery for this car soon.

If you notice the fluid on the floor it seems the Power steering fluid found its way out of the system.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/19/17 6:01 p.m.

The higher you cut the bigger the tire you can fit under it.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
1/19/17 6:46 p.m.

In reply to Stampie:

The suspension only travels so much. I could use wider wheels if you wanted to buy me a set.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
1/19/17 8:01 p.m.

This is the first I have seen that the Infini-truck is actually happening. I am very happy!

The Q ute
The Q camino
The Q chero
The Q 150
The Q10
The Pick Qup

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/19/17 10:15 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman:

I might have a few laying around that can be had for a slight donation to the Team Stampie recovery fund.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
1/20/17 11:28 a.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Unfortunately the Andrew Neuman recovery fund needs to happen first. Lots of planned expenses not car related this year, first 6k left this week.

In reply to John:

Those are some good ideas.

eastsidemav
eastsidemav SuperDork
1/20/17 12:51 p.m.

Qute45

Stampie
Stampie Dork
1/20/17 12:57 p.m.

In reply to eastsidemav:

That would go along with his pretty Q45 past.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
2/7/17 8:47 a.m.

In other news it looks like I am going to be getting married two weeks before the event but I'm still going to the Challenge so I've got that going for me.

Stampie
Stampie Dork
2/7/17 10:10 a.m.

Congrats. Are they aware of your lifestyle?

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
2/7/17 10:26 a.m.
Stampie wrote: Congrats. Are they aware of your lifestyle?

"Hey baby my name's Andy, I'm bi"

"What?!?!?!"

"Yeah I bi broke ass luxury cars constantly"

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy Dork
2/7/17 10:32 a.m.

Congratulations!

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 MegaDork
2/7/17 10:54 a.m.

Two weeks before.
That means there will be no time to put toward the build from the time of the wedding to the event. Will there be a honeymoon right after the wedding? Is The Challenge the honeymoon?

Congrats but it will be a tight schedule.

Here is my number one piece of advise for heading into a wedding:
Have an opinion; give an answer.

You will be asked many times and on many things your opinion. Example: do you think the colors of the wedding should be wisteria and grey or chartreuse and pink?

Your (my) immediate instinct is to answer something like, "whichever you prefer, dear."
That is the wrong answer.
You must provide an answer/choice.
But, remember that even though you have to provide and answer, your answer/choice will not really matter. So, when you say, "I like the purple and grey better" don't be surprised if you then get and answer back such as, "how could you like that, the grey is so depressing", etc.
Then see things her way and agree the the chartreuse is better yeilding you the result of what she likes best.

If you go right to the "whatever you prefer, dear" you will be accused of not being involved and not really seeing this as important and meaningful...

Marriage: It's a wonderful institution, if your looking to be institutionalized!

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
2/7/17 3:59 p.m.

Does that mean good times racing will be a two person team this year?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
2/7/17 8:56 p.m.
patgizz wrote:
Stampie wrote: Congrats. Are they aware of your lifestyle?
"Hey baby my name's Andy, I'm bi" "What?!?!?!" "Yeah I bi broke ass luxury cars constantly"

I was just going to hand out car titles as groomsmen gifts.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
2/7/17 8:56 p.m.

In reply to JohnRW1621:

I'm well aware of this already.

A lot of do you like this one or that one? Then I'll pick one of those and be asked what about this totally other one. It's a never ending cycle.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman HalfDork
3/4/17 11:54 a.m.

Update, my life on weekends

pimpm3
pimpm3 Dork
3/4/17 12:04 p.m.

Hahaha

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/4/17 12:05 p.m.

Ah yes, it is wedding show season!
Or, is this a trip to shopping for fake flowers?

My wife did all fake flowers for her and the bridesmaids. It was not done for cost savings but rather done for proper execution. She could have all the bouquet done well in advance and be assured that they were right.

What are the wedding colors?

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
3/4/17 12:56 p.m.

Here's another tip...

We pulled away from the church in my Miata and the top down. A friend at the wedding immediately commented to me that this was genius.

He had a perfect and pristine RX7 FD at the time of his wedding. As soon as he was married she wanted it gone.

His comment of genius to me was having used the Miata in the wedding, she'll never make you sell it. If the topic ever does come up claim the sentimental angle of "... from the wedding" just like she will keep that dress that she'll never wear again.

It will have been 14 years since the wedding.
I still have the Miata.

patgizz
patgizz UltimaDork
3/4/17 4:00 p.m.

I drove away in the Belair and Gimp(aka the best man) drove our Chevelle. I don't recommend an Infinimino getaway car though

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
5/31/17 7:38 a.m.

Finally got the Lexus inspected so it is legal to drive in the great state of PA. My only potential challenge car ever with a valid inspection sticker. Wouldn't be the only one I've driven to the challenge.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
6/3/17 7:48 a.m.

Battery died but by the looks of the date on it it should still be covered under warranty.

Since I will probably end up bringing the LS400 this year because of personal time restraints and my need for my car to be a little bit ridiculous looking. The choice comes down to which style spoiler/wing to make/use. Opinions welcome?

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WcCuunvlpGq13xhQfYC5qUNRO6EM8BSJiA3QgTSN2LaGbD7Noj8zk5Azgh3RyrKy