1 2 3 4 5
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/15/17 12:43 p.m.

I’m the 5th owner. The car racked up 116k miles by 1999 and made it to 141k since then.

In other news I don’t micromanage enough at work. Spotted this in the warehouse today

sleepyhead
sleepyhead HalfDork
11/15/17 5:56 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

I’m the 5th owner. The car racked up 116k miles by 1999 and made it to 141k since [1999].

on tires date coded to 1994!?  Or is there some suspicion that there was a second pair of wheels/tires at some point?

Then again, for the purchase price... there may not be an answer to those questions

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/15/17 6:05 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

I will assume on the dry rotted tires. There are no signs of modification on the entire car other than the exhaust.  

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/1/17 9:40 a.m.

Still have 6 more lights to hang before I start working on my car. My dungeon is getting a slight makeover. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/7/17 10:13 a.m.

Just need to get over this sickness then full speed ahead at tearing the heart of the RX7 out. Garage lighting was finished today, hopefully I can see what I’m working on now. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/7/17 10:30 a.m.

You know, you've totally got enough space for a lift there devil

sleepyhead
sleepyhead HalfDork
12/7/17 10:33 a.m.
Andy Neuman said:

Just need to get over this sickness then full speed ahead at tearing the heart of the RX7 out. Garage lighting was finished today, hopefully I can see what I’m working on now. 

please tell me you used the Qute for some of the lighting project haul?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/7/17 12:01 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

It is only 12’ to the beams with the lights. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/7/17 12:04 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

“Yes” I utilized the Ute for the lights. Or maybe it was a big brown truck that delivered them. Mainly I use my mustang for every parts hauling. Tires and wheels on the Ute were picked up in the mustang. People really think I’m a big Mustang person when I pick up mustang wheels for the challenge car in a Mustang. It is how I get good deals. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ UltraDork
12/7/17 12:04 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

There are plenty of options shorter than that!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/7/17 12:09 p.m.

Lots of room for a van in there

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/7/17 12:12 p.m.

In reply to ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ :

The guys at work think I should get one of these for the upper part of the garage so I take up less floor space.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/7/17 12:15 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That will just go upstairs till the engine is out. Easier use of the forklift to pull the van off the chassis. Going to go make a video tour of my garage. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/7/17 1:42 p.m.
Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/14/17 3:39 p.m.

Going to pick up the engine for the RX7 tomorrow. Moved the RX7 to the basement. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/14/17 4:00 p.m.

Is it bad that I almost asked what kind of deal could be made on the qute?  Then I remembered i need money and i value my life.

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/14/17 6:26 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I’d say that is rude but it’s so true. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
12/14/17 6:31 p.m.

I was going more for the Carli would murder me, but your angle is valid as well

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
12/14/17 7:36 p.m.

That's a really cool old building! I never realized you're the Iceman though?

Scooter
Scooter Dork
12/14/17 7:42 p.m.

What are those augers at the end of the video? 

Indy-Barely Functional-Guy
Indy-Barely Functional-Guy SuperDork
12/14/17 8:12 p.m.

Nice place.  The lights really help it out.  What's the plan with the Benz Wagon? Still Challenge bound with LSx motivation?

Stampie
Stampie UltraDork
12/14/17 9:01 p.m.

I've been there!!!  You didn't show me the dungeon but I do remember you letting me use a very questionable bathroom. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/14/17 10:19 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Even my wife won’t go in the basement. 

Someone put some nice LED lights in the bathroom, it actually makes me realize how bad it is every time. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/14/17 10:20 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Barely Functional-Guy :

I’m probably going to shift directions and bring the RX7 if I manage to finish it. This will probably be my last(only) serious effort. My wife would prefer if I spent more on travel and maybe buying a new home/farmette. Each farmette we have looked at has 1 or 2 large out buildings. Could actually be useful. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
12/14/17 10:22 p.m.

In reply to Scooter :

Screw conveyors for moving ice around. These are old ones they won’t let me throw away like we should. They all are plastic or stainless now for food safety. 

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
yairguRmtvdbE8rjQrLEXxtl03GTO84IxlVyPHQwQUoG16GYYq5p5e3CTn7Rl9tB