1 2 3 4 5
Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/2/18 1:41 p.m.

I woulda paid to watch that. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/2/18 2:30 p.m.

If you pull this off i’m done making fun of you for being bolt on guy.  Dangerously close at this point, i’m impressed

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/2/18 2:34 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

I'll really be amazed if the swap engine mounts actually bolt back in. Currently just a bolt out guy, always have been, bolts are worth more separated from the car.

In reply to Stamps:

You would have been bored out of your mind. 

The farther I get along in this project the more I see what I’m leaving on the table. Starting with a cheaper RX7 shell and a cheaper engine/transmission combo would leave a lot of room in the budget. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/2/18 4:05 p.m.

In reply to Andy Neuman :

It's amazing how much a whiskey in my hand would unbore me. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/3/18 3:03 p.m.

Thanks to The0retical, Tim, the car is now engineless and at $0 to the budget. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/6/18 8:46 a.m.

Ordered a few Tools to keep me safer. Going to wait for the engine lift plate to put the engine on the stand. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/7/18 9:36 a.m.

Picked up two sets of R7, 225/45-15 and 245/50-15 used one weekend $25 each. Now just need the 27x10-15 drag tires. 

Also had one of my truck windshields shot up last night. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/7/18 10:35 a.m.

See what happens when you don't pay the protection money?

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/7/18 10:36 a.m.

Shooting up the ice man seems like a dangerous game. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead Dork
11/7/18 10:38 a.m.

good thing you went with the bulletproof glass option

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/10/18 11:40 a.m.

Ordered a fuel pump and fuel filter.

Today is Friendsgiving. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/13/18 1:13 p.m.

Saying good bye to the Q”Ute” crying 

Managed to hit one trailer fender loading up the car. Upset with myself, but one project is out of the way. Also the fender has been reshaped. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/13/18 1:35 p.m.

Where’s it going?  If you say scrap i’m going to be slightly upset

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/13/18 1:41 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

No comment is available at this time. I could build another Q45, similar with a roof. The actual safety of the Q45 led me to scrap it. I spent less time removing the nitrous, suspension and wheels than it took my cousin to fix the trailer fender. 

Still looking at options to pay for getting the harness turned into a standalone. This would make LS swaps seem more manageable to many people if I can find a good solution. 

The van is next to the scrap yard, still need to pull a little wiring out. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/13/18 2:17 p.m.
Patrick said:

Where’s it going?  If you say scrap i’m going to be slightly upset

I'd sell you my Q45 for $50 way before I'd scrap it. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/16/18 11:55 a.m.

Received these as gifts from my sister today. I think it is a sign that I’m doing well in life that all I need is dinosaur shaped taco holders. 

Looking into doing the retreat from Moscow lemons rally in January. 

Pete Gossett
Pete Gossett MegaDork
11/16/18 2:36 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

Received these as gifts from my sister today. I think it is a sign that I’m doing well in life that all I need is dinosaur shaped taco holders. 

Looking into doing the retreat from Moscow lemons rally in January. 

Thanks Andy! Now I finally have something I can request for Xmas. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/18/18 9:13 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I really don’t understand the use of a taco holder. The whole concept is lost on me. 

mazdeuce - Seth
mazdeuce - Seth Mod Squad
11/18/18 10:14 a.m.

In general, tacos are inherently unstable in an upright position. Frustratingly, they are also best filled when completely upright. A taco holder frees your taco holding hand so that you can use both hands to fill and transport your taco without fear of it tipping and dumping all of your taco toppings. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
11/18/18 10:35 a.m.

I donated my taco holders when I discovered that soft shells are superior at holding stuff inside without breakage.  Plus, mine had 4 slots so I felt obligated to eat 4, then on rare days when I wanted a little more I was obligated to eat 4 more, and 8 tacos is right out

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/19/18 12:54 p.m.

I’ve been a soft shell taco/burrito person as long as I can remember. Already don’t like the dishes adding up. 

On another note, I really need to do something, everyone seems to think that I go drifting. I’m not sure how they have gotten this idea. Maybe next year I’ll take up the dancing of the cars. 

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/21/18 10:51 a.m.

I've been working on getting the engine prepared slowly to drop in. Today I was taking the old engine mounts off and found an old spark plug stuck under the engine mount. That was the only exciting thing that happened. 

Stampie
Stampie UberDork
11/21/18 11:22 a.m.

Weight reduction. Did you weight it?

Andy Neuman
Andy Neuman Dork
11/29/18 1:28 p.m.

Going to try to place the engine into the car soon. Almost ready. 

Any ideas for tools or supplies that would be helpful for this project let me know. That way I can make my wife feel like she is helping by giving me things I need for Christmas. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
11/29/18 1:33 p.m.
Andy Neuman said:

Going to try to place the engine into the car soon. Almost ready. 

Any ideas for tools or supplies that would be helpful for this project let me know. That way I can make my wife feel like she is helping by giving me things I need for Christmas. 

3m sandblaster disks for your angle grinder (purple). Painful to buy at $10-12 each, but man do they remove paint like a monster.

And a battery impact if you don't have one already.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
KIAgdJ9gm5ckRmQnbAfqSXgS4myWHbvCeaTbgEUiyIxxrC0k6tU8fra7SsqmH0rj