3 4 5 6 7
B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
7/25/17 10:27 a.m.

In reply to ¯_(ツ)_/¯:

Dude it was like something out of a movie. I do feel better to know that your time with USHIP wasn't much better. It blew my mind how jacked up the entire process is. I now see a market for auto transport where people do as they say and so with care and attention. Maybe this will be the next company I start. LOL

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
7/25/17 10:29 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Yes I did. I named my price as you suggested. And in 4 days all i got was messages from other companies with quotes for much higher. Im glad I got the price I did and that it all worked out. All the quotes I got through USHIP were for $899 and Up. Im sure that if it had not been in the middle of a busy season for moving and if I had waited longer I could have found a comparable price through USHIP.

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/25/17 10:53 a.m.

In reply to B13Birk:

I like them a lot but those would kill my Challenge budget.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
7/25/17 11:46 a.m.

In reply to Stampie:

Totally get it. I got my 4x114.3 wheels on ebay for $230 I would keep these but they are 16s and they will bring money back into my bank account haha

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/26/17 8:36 a.m.

Damn...I wish I was still in the G-game. Im sure there are a ton of goodies that I could have used for my last DD in that pile of for-sale parts. Im really looking forward to the rest of your build. Theres a reason that Johnny Tran thought a couple of Nissan SR20's would pull a premium one week before race wars...

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
7/26/17 8:54 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Yeah man I have soo much to get rid of. I have a DE block With a VE head two HUGE turbos, wheels tons of interior stuff the list goes on and on.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
7/26/17 8:58 a.m.
B13Birk wrote: In reply to 4cylndrfury: Yeah man I have soo much to get rid of. I have a DE block With a VE head two HUGE turbos, wheels tons of interior stuff the list goes on and on.

I kinda wish you had a mediocre or almost-too-small turbo to get rid of. I want to put something maybe 15% bigger than stock in the Cruze. But with only 1.4l of displacement, "HUGE" would probably be so laughably laggy that the car would become borderline undriveable. As it is, lag is pretty manageable. But, between tuning and the puny stock turbo, it runs out of breath around 5.5k rpms. I want to be able to push a little harder.

2GRX7
2GRX7 New Reader
7/26/17 9:08 a.m.
B13Birk wrote: In reply to 4cylndrfury: Yeah man I have soo much to get rid of. I have a DE block With a VE head two HUGE turbos, wheels tons of interior stuff the list goes on and on.

OOH! Two huge turbos? How huge? Are they the same size? Are you selling at Challenge pricing cause ima interested and down the street (well, the interstate!)

Stampie
Stampie SuperDork
7/26/17 12:42 p.m.

You should put up a for sale ad in the $2017 classifieds.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
8/2/17 12:50 p.m.

Parts i have for sale currently are as follows:

Turbonetics T3/T4 Turbo (Needs Rebuild) $300 (if for challenge car $250) One HUGE Intercooler (not sure on brand but good) $100 or if for challenge $75 Sr20VE head $650 16x7 114.3 wheels 38 offset These are WORK wheels. high end wheels Come with newish off brand tires. ($800) if for challenge car ($500) .70 trim Ebay Turbo good working order $100 sr20det RWD top mount turbo manifold $50

If you are interested in anything let me know

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
8/3/17 9:38 a.m.

Today the bottom fell out on my plans and dreams for the $2017 challenge......

We have had to schedule a huge event for my job that I can't miss on the exact dates of the challenge. Im soooooooo pissed.

There is a part of me that may just have my friends run the car at the event. It just sucks. This has been a dream of mine since the early 2000's. Stay tuned. Either way this build will get finished and it will be entered in the challenge. Even if its the 2018 challenge... So bummed.

Can someone share the a rough layout of the event schedule. maybe i can be there for parts of it.

Ovid_and_Flem
Ovid_and_Flem Dork
8/3/17 9:48 a.m.

In reply to B13Birk:

AutoX Friday morning early afternoon.

Drags Friday afternoon and evening.

Concours all day saturday.

Awards banquet Saturday evening

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/3/17 10:34 a.m.
B13Birk wrote: Today the bottom fell out on my plans and dreams for the $2017 challenge...... We have had to schedule a huge event for my job that I can't miss on the exact dates of the challenge. Im soooooooo pissed. There is a part of me that may just have my friends run the car at the event. It just sucks. This has been a dream of mine since the early 2000's. Stay tuned. Either way this build will get finished and it will be entered in the challenge. Even if its the 2018 challenge... So bummed. Can someone share the a rough layout of the event schedule. maybe i can be there for parts of it.

BOO! I was hoping to attend the challenge vicariously through you. Youre bringing the car I wanted to bring, set up the way I wanted to set it up. Your boss blows...

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
8/3/17 10:45 a.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Yeah its a bummer. The funny thing is.. Im the boss. there was just no other time that would work for this event. Its all good. Im going to figure out a way to make it happen still.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/3/17 12:29 p.m.

lol...damn, you're your own boss, and your boss is a dick...thats a crummy situation

I really do hope a solution presents itself. This seems like such a sleeper option. I cant think of too many SR20DET motivated challenge entrants in the past. I think the clown was at one time, but thats about all I can think of off hand. Given the BTCC history the G chassis has, it seems like theres plenty of competitive heritage to build on for that platform.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
8/3/17 4:01 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury:

Yeah man it is a bummer. But I plan to figure our how to make it happen.

In other news I sold the ECU and the full interior out of the parts car I bought. Between those two parts i have already made my money back on the purchase of the car. Im really happy about that. $650 on shipping should be the only thing counting against the budget at this point.

John Welsh
John Welsh MegaDork
8/3/17 4:18 p.m.

Totally sucks.

I am coming to the event but not bringing a car other than the Parking Lot Build.
How can I help?
In other help, we have people on the ground in Gainesville who may be able to help.

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
8/3/17 4:31 p.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

Thanks for looking out man. Yeah ill keep you all in the loop. Im hoping to make it all work and figure some stuff out. I have about 3 solid weekends of work to get the car done. My challenge car is a parking lot build haha and it is creeping along. Im hoping things will pick up soon and I can lock down on how to make the challenge happen. Im going to make it work. Its just probably going to involve my friends and my dad being there and me popping in and out when i get breaks from the event.

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
8/23/17 2:01 p.m.

Any updates?

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
9/30/17 7:13 p.m.

In reply to 4cylndrfury :

Been a holding pattern. Crazy busy with life and work. My mom's cancer came out of remission so we have been focused on her plus Hurricane Irma. My moms counts are looking good. Long road of treatment ahead but i know she can kicks cancers ass again. I have been busy on the weekends doing driving instruction a lot lately. Got to drive a clients brand new 911 S the other day on the track. So that was awesome. As far as the G20 goes: Slowly selling off parts so far both cars are at a net zero. only Items counting against the car at the moment are the shipping and the wheels. Still have about $1500 in parts to sell off. Wont make it to 2017 challenge. Eyes are set on 2018 but the car will be ready to race by January. I have been able to snag some rare stuff for the G20 off of trades from parts off the parts car. Parts car is total crap but it had sooo many parts on it and in the trunk. I really did get a crazy good deal. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
10/5/17 8:13 p.m.

I was able to sell some more parts off today. I also got all the Turbo Hardware off of the parts car. I will post up some challange priced turbo bits here soon. I will be doing more interior prep on the challenge car this weekend since im not needed to do instrution for the track day.  Ill take lots of pics and post them soon.

Headlights: 25

Window Switches: 30

Window actuators: 25

This doesn't help with GRM Budget but it does help my bottom line. Can't argue with that. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
11/25/17 12:54 p.m.

Finally sold the WORK wheels that came on the parts car. $600 bucks for them and that covers what I spent to get the car. This parts car deal was sketchy and a total headache but its been totally worth it. I was able to trade a front strut tower brace on the parts car for the rear strut tower brace that actually makes a difference on these cars. Been busy with work and my mom's health but there seems to be a light at the end of the tunnel with this car. 

Finally mounted and balanced the Pirelli R compounds. Car is still on stock suspension as I haven't swapped over the colorers and such from the parts car but I will soon. Here are some pics. 

sleepyhead
sleepyhead HalfDork
11/25/17 9:45 p.m.

I reckon you're still within the "cheeky" range as those R-comps currently sit.

#BadObsession

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
11/26/17 1:11 p.m.

In reply to sleepyhead :

Yes this is the tire size that most road course guys run with this car. they are wide enough but are still light. I will have roll the fenders but my goal was to not have to cut and flare them. This seems to be the happy medium. 

B13Birk
B13Birk Reader
1/15/18 8:26 p.m.

I have been In a Holding pattern and just stockpiling parts. Trying to get the best deals and trading around with all the SR20 folks on FB. 

What we have so far: 

G20 (for the event) $300.00

G20 Parts Car $600 Plus $650 Shipping

Radiator  FREE Parts car

Tires Purchased   $280.00

Wheels  $160.00

Racing Seat and Bracket $45.00

Streeing wheel (Parts car)  Free

Harness  $65

Exhaust, header and random 2.5in piping $100 

RTSB (Parts Car )  Free

Coilovers and other aftermarket bits (parts car)  Free

Cusco Camber Arms $285

91 SER Intake Cam  Free (gifted from a friend)

Power steering cooler $23

Plug wires  (parts car) Free

Addco Rear Sway Bar $145

Stuff Sold: 

Switches  $55

Headlights  $20

ECU $250

Interior $450

WORK Wheels  $650

VVL Solenoids  $250

Scrapped Car  $98.89

Turbo Parts and Manifold $300

Yellow Top Battery $50

Flywheel  $Free parts car

To  Be Sold:

2 Extra Trannys  $600

VE Engine $650

Injectors $150

Dash  $125

Actual Spent: $2653

Actual Recouped: $2123.89

Im in an dilemma, I have the opportunity to snag some high end track coilovers For the car that would take this thing to the next level and out of the GRM Budget pricing. So I may sell the coilovers I have snag these Fortune Autos and Then get some type of cheap setup just for the Challenge.  Still working on the Turbo parts but I have a plan. We are looking good. Doing some work this weekend. Will keep you all Up to Date! 

Here is a little Visual Teaser for some stuff I have in the works: 

3 4 5 6 7

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
TyKkktAwtNqnVgw1Lg9luq7SXxBSJdkv05F8Xgw0Xh311aI7Qr1XSGseEN0tXU4q