9 10 11 12 13
wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/11/20 5:55 a.m.

Thanks Michael!  I was pretty pumped last night when this happened.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/11/20 5:58 a.m.

Prior pics

wawazat
wawazat Dork
11/11/20 6:01 a.m.

Oh and back to the wheel experiment of last weekend.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/14/20 4:26 p.m.

Popping this back up to self shame me back in to actionindecision

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/14/20 4:47 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I get that.

Yeah, Shame! 

Cougar is looking Great.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/14/20 5:25 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to wawazat :

I get that.

Thanks brother!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/14/20 5:25 p.m.

In reply to wheelsmithy (Joe-with-an-L) (Forum Supporter) :

Thank you!

mickpiston
mickpiston New Reader
12/14/20 5:31 p.m.

Build looks amazing, killer Cougar. I really like the coilover setup on the front, I think I'm going to have to go that route on my Falcon. Appreciate the advice on my thread. Keep up the good work!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/14/20 5:37 p.m.

Thank you!

Call Shaun.  He's great to work with.  

mickpiston
mickpiston New Reader
12/14/20 5:46 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Will do!

jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter)
jerrysarcastic (Forum Supporter) Reader
12/14/20 8:24 p.m.

Oh man, I've been on pins and needles over this transmission swap since I hope to do it some day on my project too.  Keep up the good work, and no pressure!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
12/20/20 9:05 a.m.

I was under the car last night working through fittings and lines for the PS.   Unsiteer uses a center mount Cavalier rack which has fittings really close to the steering shaft input, headers, former Zbar, and braking system.   The stainless steel braided hoses they supply with the kit are the easy button for them but ran too close to the headers for my comfort long term.   
I decided to use Nicopp hard lines to tuck the plumbing closer to the body then flex lines to/from the pump for engine motion.  I found a local fitting supplier that sells stainless steel fittings from DK-Lok that I'll use to seal up on the Nicopp and adapt to the AN-6 banjo fittings on the rack.   These banjos will connect to some -6 swivel 90 couplers then to the DK Lok fittings.  I've been pondering tube routing and today I'll bend some coat hangers to visualize the path then bend some tubing.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/20/20 9:35 a.m.

In reply to wawazat :

I love seeing this build on Page 1. When/if work slows down, I can lend a hand if you need a minion.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
2/26/21 2:58 p.m.

Well that didn't escalate quickly.   Cold.  Cranky. COVID concerns.  Career.  Pick a C word bit E36 M3 didn't get done.  Back at it now.   I ordered a custom driveshaft Thursday morning and it'll be here tomorrow (Sat)!  Done day of order.  3" AL, 1350 joints at each end.  Pretty stoked.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
6/29/21 9:20 p.m.

Back in the garage working on this thing tonight to alleviate some stress.  Little tasks this last couple of days after lowering it down from the lift.  Cleaned the cylinder heads and valve covers, sealed up the Cougar emblems then put on new gaskets and the valve covers.  I installed some studs with black tall nuts to replace the hardware store bolts the PO used.   I cleaned up the air cleaner lid and brushed it a bit.   She goes back up tomorrow night  to get back to the harder tasks. 

wawazat
wawazat Dork
6/29/21 9:25 p.m.

I also got the plug wires back on, assembled the breather and the adjustable PCV assembly.   This thing has always had dual breathers which require constant cleaning.  The valve cover cats were riveted in place without any sealant so they always were oily in that area too.  I hope that I've reduced the leaks and the PCV system will help with breather venting oil fumes all the time.  

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/5/21 1:33 p.m.

Drive shaft installed now working on locating the clip that retains the speedometer cable with its new red gear.   Then on to the parking brake cables.  Pictures tonight.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/5/21 4:10 p.m.

Always grab steel bed frames when you see them at the curb.   Today I made a bracket to support my power steering lines with a chunk of one.   

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
7/5/21 4:35 p.m.

Good progress!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/5/21 7:48 p.m.

Quick bite then back under the car to get the passenger side exhaust reinstalled, the O2 sensor back in place, and the convertible specific cross-tunnel plate reinstalled.  I got the PS lines just about finished and insulated the high pressure line as it is pretty close to the header collector.  Reviewed my wiring connection for neutral safety switch and back-up lights.  I need to get the brake lines run and clutch master and slave bled plus the steering column back in before I install the DS exhaust.  

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent Reader
7/5/21 8:04 p.m.

Sounds like you're at about the same spot as me. All downhill from here!

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/6/21 3:27 p.m.

Spinny aluminum goodness.  Mmmmm, beefy!

Note the GRM magnetic stickers on my compressor in the background.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/6/21 3:29 p.m.

Bed frame bracket for PS hoses.

and finished.

wawazat
wawazat Dork
7/6/21 3:30 p.m.

Final artsy shot.  It was HAWT yesterday!

9 10 11 12 13

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4T9UzdPOdifChADGKXvJOROHMRLzJUTtRauyPBiVbm8GdhQFuD2hmlUwkzHKGXKr