Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
8/10/22 9:58 a.m.

Love how this turned out!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/10/22 1:50 p.m.

Thanks Patrick!   Burning fuel and adding miles to the odo for stress testing systems.  I was tweaking fuel injection system set points last night taking fuel out at low-rpm.  

Tomorrow Im taking the car to a customer location where a few years back I had a Code Brown moment when a 50+ year old rear brake line failed when I was coming off the freeway.  Angry told me then he couldn't be my friend anymore after that incident.  Ah, good times.  

DrMikeCSI
DrMikeCSI New Reader
8/10/22 2:28 p.m.

Love this car. 

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
8/10/22 10:33 p.m.

get it!

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/10/22 11:17 p.m.

In reply to wawazat :

Time heals old wounds. I forgive you. laugh

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/11/22 5:47 p.m.

laugh You dink!   Hahaha!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/14/22 9:43 p.m.

So this week ramps up the Classic car festivities in the metro Detroit area with the Woodward Dream Cruise happening next Saturday.  At this time I'm doing the following events:

Friday 8/19-Waterford Hills parade lap of Vintage Trans Am cars (cars used in Classic Trans Am series-Mustang, Cougar, Camaro, Firebird, Barracuda, Challenger)at noon and then Berkley Cruise Festival Parade at 5:00, who knows where after that?

Saturday-Mustang Alley (I registered and told them it was a Cougar), Royal Oak Veterans Memorial Parks show and Ascend booth (thanks Dave!), Pontiac Phoenix center (Wild West on Woodward) and my financial planners hospitality tent in Birmingham.

Sunday-All Ford Show at Ford World HQ in Dearborn sponsored by Mustang Owners Club of South Eastern Michigan.  This is a big show that I've done before and enjoy.

This week I need to fix the turn signals, clean the interior, tweak the steering shaft a bit more, and clean up trunk and engine bay a bit.  Plenty of other things on the TO DO list but those can wait.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/18/22 11:04 p.m.

Alright the party on Woodward is in full swing.  Plenty of great cars out and about tonight.  Me and a buddy were checking out cars and putting in more break-in miles on the drivetrain components today. High 80's, sunny and lot of traffic so got some more stress testing on the cooling system.  Held 206F while creeping along in cruise traffic for over 2 miles.  As soon as traffic cleared and speeds went up the temp dropped down to 192F.  Perfect!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/19/22 10:28 p.m.

Ran in to 84FSP tonight at a parking lot car show on Woodward.  Always good to see a friend!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/20/22 2:49 p.m.

Mustang Alley said NO to the Cougar.  It was worth a shot, right?

I walked the row of Mustangs and Ford display then did a full 20+ mile loop of Woodward.  Hung out with my Ducati buddies for a bit at Ducati Detroit and cooled off.   Couple of more blasts then some lunch.  Rain in the forecast this evening so may wrap things up early.  

Norma66-Brent
Norma66-Brent HalfDork
8/20/22 3:17 p.m.

i hate how people get snobby about what models of cars are welcome or not. if someone loves their car and works on it themselves i don't think people should disqualify them. 

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/20/22 3:37 p.m.

To be fair to them it is a Mustang only show that I tried to jump in on.  I figured I'd get kicked and I did.  No worries here.  

Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter)
Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
8/20/22 5:06 p.m.
wawazat said:

To be fair to them it is a Mustang only show that I tried to jump in on.  I figured I'd get kicked and I did.  No worries here.  

Yeah, I didn't even see any Fox body Capris there today. And I was looking. cool

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/20/22 6:28 p.m.

Haha!  I did the same thing Tom.  

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
8/20/22 9:24 p.m.

Have fun at the WDC!

I was there in 2008,  haven't been back since, but again someday!

Cheers!

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/21/22 9:29 a.m.

Thanks!  Good day again yesterday but it was hot!   Rain rolled in later but I'd already headed for home.  It rained last night and this morning so I bailed on the show I was registered to attend today.  More rain in 3...2...

jovibuilt
jovibuilt New Reader
8/21/22 10:04 a.m.

In reply to Tom_Spangler (Forum Supporter) :

I love the Capri's I own 5.

84FSP
84FSP UberDork
8/21/22 11:21 a.m.

I saw a white fox Capri with a red sticker package but didn't get a pic.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
8/22/22 6:35 p.m.

Red stickers on a Capri could be for one of the Detroit Grand Prix III pace car replicas they offered for sale.  I saw one running around this week.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
10/8/22 8:34 a.m.

Dirty cat at M1 Cars & Coffee this morning.  Final event of the season.  32F.  Too cold to wash.  

Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter)
Gearheadotaku (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/8/22 8:40 a.m.

Thought of heading over there, too damn cold...

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
10/8/22 9:11 a.m.

I felt the same way when I fired it up.  Not so bad now that sun is up.  Probably 37 now!

slantsix
slantsix HalfDork
10/10/22 9:38 a.m.

Looking good! Ahh memories of Woodward Ave and associated places nearby.

I have always enjoyed my jaunts up to that part of the country.

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
12/14/22 9:08 a.m.

The cat is in the garage awaiting me to have time for plenty of needed work.  Working out details for another major change right now.   Once money has changed hands I'll post more but I'm pretty geeked by the prospect.

I also scored some good local FB Marketplace buys-a ventless 30k BTU Mr Heater propane heater and a Fluke 87V meter that was in great shape.  Heater was new but out of the box.  Got both for less than the heater alone.  

wawazat
wawazat SuperDork
12/19/22 8:03 p.m.

Some numbers here on this new mod...

393" Cleveland

444 HP at 5700 rpm
449 lb. Ft. at 4400 rpm(> 400 lb. Ft from 3000 rpm to 5800 rpm)

Spec'd, built, and dyno-tuned by a former EngineMasters Challenge winner.  My swag is roughly double both HP and torque values from my current mild 351 Cleveland.  Pretty excited and should have it in a few weeks.  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
85OGoyJf3S0vlB8vuMPHR5nrprt5WnGJMZ63wkdb3vg7KcpybmBMeaVn9sD0APrO